Post Match. Pies crush Crows. All comments please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Cam
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Cam »

Wills has gone ahead of Sier in 2019, making the crash and bash position his own, even making Adams look like an outside mid :P He monstered half of Adelaide, no matter what size they were. He, Greenwood, Maynard, Varcoe, Adams, Elliott, Brown, Mayne, Grundy. They are the steel we need.
Get back on top.
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

^ Yep - agree. Hasn't Varcoe found some form at the right time, and looks very dangerous in our forward line once again...
I find your lack of faith disturbing
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I agree with Cam's analysis. Rupe is our Grissly, while Sier is our Panda.
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

Levi Greenwood interviewed after match and his heart felt feelings for Bucks and the club tells me all the disruptive external crap is not getting the traction
it needs to crack our resolve
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

The game was notable - for the first time in a very long time - for Collingwood's magnificent field-kicking. Maynard, Crisp, Elliott, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Treloar, Adams and Brown were all able to thread devastating kicks into forwards in very dangerous positions. If they can hold that form, they can actually beat anybody.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

That mode of play and their ability to maintain it for at least 95% of the game was the equivalent of Preliminary 2018 with out an outstanding game from the 211cm giant
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

bokka

Post by bokka »

tbaker wrote:^ Yep - agree. Hasn't Varcoe found some form at the right time, and looks very dangerous in our forward line once again...
hard to believe he wasn't carrying something that he's now recovered from.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

qldmagpie67 wrote: up how good a decision maker scharenberg is. He understands when to leave his man and help out and when to stay tight on his man. His decision making is elite under pressure. About 10 to go in the 3rd term he beats 3 crows players to hacked ball forward and with them closing in quick he threads a handball out to Crisp then shepards 2 crows away giving Crisp that extra couple seconds to make a good decision
Naturally qldmagpie67, I watch my boy closely every game he plays. His confidence is growing steadily week by week. That particular passage of play was so encouraging and had me thinking that he is well and truly on his way back to his best. :)
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Monco Matt wrote:Last night was a great improvement from us, but looking at the first half of what's happening at the MCG today we need to go up another level or maybe two.
Yep the Adelaide win was so gratifying and wonderful to watch and the after glow lasted all the way into Sunday for me.
Then I watched some of the Cats v Lions replay, Richmond v Eagles and the Bulldogs game live and I thought "Oh, bugar!!" to put it mildly. :D
Still, it's a strange old season and anything could happen.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Howe, Elliott and Pendlebury made this week's "team of the week": https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-08-20/ ... es-the-cut
K
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

What were the black armbands for?