#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies2016
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 170 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Well if Lynch isn’t picked this week, then Im guessing the club believes he’s not close to being AFL ready.
If Lynch does get a game, they might “ rest “ Grundy by throwing him forward in spells. This is where coaches earn their money.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 183 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

The General wrote:Did he at least get a free kick for his troubles?
Nope. We saw him go down clutching his face. Commentators saw it. Whatshername umpire screeched play on and that was it.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Low flying plane?
RudeBoy
Been liked: 136 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I don't think Lynch is ready. So maybe Goldsack comes in.

However, once Moore returns, he can cover full back for very short spells, while Roughead relieves Grundy in the ruck.

I'd like to see us with a forward line of JDG, Stevo, WHE, Elliott, Mihocek, Varcoe and possibly Wells. It might even function better than what we currently have.
Cam
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Cam »

woodys_world69 wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:Congratulations to the Collingwood Football Club for sending Mason Cox straight to the hospital at half time. Nobody would have thought it would have been a detached retina. Operation and rest and he'll be right for next season.

*scratched retina
*Torn.

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/sites/ ... eye-injury
Get back on top.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

think positive wrote:Not a blessing at all.

Damn damn damn.

Get well soon mate. Bugger

Agree we will miss our long tall Texan, we will miss him. We are cursed with injury, this season, may as well wrap it up and look towards next year, we cannot win the flag with this injury riddled team. Its just too hard, the next GF we make, I want us to field our best possible team, not an injured one, I couldn't stand losing another GF due to injuries. Good luck Mason.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
SteveH67

Post by SteveH67 »

I am not superstitious or religious, but jesus christ we are copping it under Buckley.
Social club member 7342 since 2000.
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by stui magpie »

Can we blame the training surface at the Holden centre for this one?

For mine, that's just put our chances for 2019 in the bin. maybe he hasn't been clunking marks and kicking goals but he's been competing and does a lot of stuff that goes un noticed by the spectator like tap ons and blocks and he does tackle.

We can't replace him without changing how we take the ball forward. Bugger.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by shawthing »

SteveH67 wrote:I am not superstitious or religious, but jesus christ we are copping it under Buckley.
Well he was crucified after all. Perhaps the Buddha is a better option, he at least died an old man. :wink:
Last edited by shawthing on Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
princem007

Post by princem007 »

Moore or Roughy can pinch ht in the ruck, Moore is a natural forward.

Cox will be a loss but one we can cover.

We won't find a 211cm player so forget that , we have to improvise.

May even make us less predictable.

Grundy is a power ruck but maybe he can rest forward as well.
Go Pies...Premiers 2010

Post by 5150 »

What's left to injure? Broken legs on goal post, detached retina, more hammys than the Bertocci factory, Heart palpitations and for all you veal lovers out there... a whole heap of calves!

Next week my money is on a sink hole in the forward pocket (Punt Rd end) or Howe will jump so high and hit those wires going across the grand stands - some say they are electrified!
Pies2016
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 170 times

Post by Pies2016 »

5150 wrote:What's left to injure? Broken legs on goal post, detached retina, more hammys than the Bertocci factory, Heart palpitations and for all you veal lovers out there... a whole heap of calves!

Next week my money is on a sink hole in the forward pocket (Punt Rd end) or Howe will jump so high and hit those wires going across the grand stands - some say they are electrified!
Slightly off topic but we shouldn’t rule out the following injuries either -

Ex Pies Pies player Michael Richardson with a shark bite during his time at the bears ( I think )
Jarryd Lyons with a spider bite a few seasons ago and the Saints player who got nailed by a sting ray last year.

I can see it now. Brodie Grundy - blue ringed octopus.
K
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by K »

Well, P. Daicos supposedly dislocated his shoulder rolling over in bed in his sleep... Hmm...
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

For sure, we'll miss him enormously in so many different ways, as already mentioned in this thread. He was just starting to find some form again yesterday, after suffering the leg injury that kept him out for those weeks.

He simply cannot be replaced :cry: and Bucks and selection panel will have to do yet another juggling act with limited stocks to find a way around it.

I am devastated by this latest cruel twist from the footy gods. :( Unbelievable. :x
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange