Post Match. Pies lose to Giants. All comments please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Donny »

Collingwood 11.9.75
GWS 19.8.122

Goals: Pendles, Brown, Crocker 2, Grundy, DeGoey, H-E, Sier, Sidey 1,

Tackles: Grundy 9, Adams 7. Sier, Treloar 6.

D/E: Howe 100%, Sidey 88.5, Pendles 82.6, H-E 81.8, Maynard 80.

Disposals: Treloar 33, Adams 32, Grundy 31, Crisp 29, Sidey 26, Pendles 23, Roughy, Flip 19, Howe, Aish, De Goey, Maynard 18, Brown 17, Varcs 15, Sier 12.

AF points: Grundy 180, Treloar, Adams 111, Pendles 109, Sidey 106, Crisp 101,
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Weak as Piss.

Drop the Lot of them
I am Da Man
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by stui magpie »

Injury list should be interesting, I'm expecting about 14 players with seriously bruised prostates.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Cam
Has liked: 18 times

Post by Cam »

I hope the Giants enjoyed pooncing around, flexing. They are team that plays for no-one, in front of no-one. This was their Grand Final.
Get back on top.
derkd
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by derkd »

We seemed to stabilise after the first quater. But wow, talk about the damage being done ..We all but let them walk in 8 goals.

We had our chances in the second but like so often our forward entries were awful.

Maybe we will bounce back against Richmond...Maybe we won't. This year you can't call anything.

But I just have that feeling we are making up the numbers..The shame of it is we really over paid on Beams last year. If we had the ammo with picks I would have loved to see us chase some midfield flare...by that I mean foot speed.
Last edited by derkd on Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Achilles

Post by Achilles »

What'sinaname wrote:Players can stop doing ads and media and start concentrating on bloody football!!!
Yeeeeessssssss, I wanted to post this when I saw Treloar on AFL 360.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

What'sinaname wrote:The Beams deal was, in hindsight, a killer and one that sets us back a few years. Coupled with the Wells debacle, Varcoe's form falling off a cliff, Treloar never really recovering from the two hammy injury our window was almost closed. Stephenson's dumb ass selfish gambling slammed it shut!

That Beams deal reminds me when the Scum picked up Judd.
I laughed at that so hard I gave myself a hernia, well karma's a bitch!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

Is Jeremy Cameron bound for Holden Centre In 2020

Fact or Rumour
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Fino

Post by Fino »

Soft and weak in the middle. Nothing new. Adams tried very hard but doesn’t have many mates.

Players very happy with themselves after last year.

Treloar being traded end of the year would be great.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Cam wrote:I hope the Giants enjoyed pooncing around, flexing. They are team that plays for no-one, in front of no-one. This was their Grand Final.
They were pooncing around at the first quarter break. Why our players didn't get fired up at that and show some pride, is beyond me.
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Well we won the inside 50 by a large margin.
But it was the old chestnut.
Pack up our forward line then go hell for leather when there is a turnover.
Bux doesn't know how to stop it.
derkd
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by derkd »

Our body of work post bye (last week aside) has been nothing short of awful...The only reason we are still in the top 4 is because we banked early wins.

I really believe that what we saw pre-bye was our best form for the year.

I accept that injuries have been a large part. But I really can not get my head around the Sharenberg omission...The trip West yes. Bit not this game.

Would he have changed the outcome? Nope but we need to get games into him
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by shawthing »

Greenwood was a massive out. He has become our most consistent defender over recent weeks.
Cam
Has liked: 18 times

Post by Cam »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Cam wrote:I hope the Giants enjoyed pooncing around, flexing. They are team that plays for no-one, in front of no-one. This was their Grand Final.
They were pooncing around at the first quarter break. Why our players didn't get fired up at that and show some pride, is beyond me.
We had too many kids and NQRs, and not enough fit, middle-aged tigers.

Greenwood was the big out. Moore would have helped too.

Varcoe tried, but probably won't be on the list next year. Barry Crocker made the most of his chances, but is not the answer.

I find it amazing when a team has a certain mentality the ball tends to bounce for them, into their hands, they handball to space and a teammate is there. As Steve Waugh said, you make your own luck. In AFL its a certain level you bring and just as importantly for the synergy, the level the opposition brings.

Unfortunately we didn't bring enough in the middle in the first and we let the Ferrari race ahead of us. Talent wise they may still have had enough on the park to equal or surpass us, given all their high picks. They just all clicked this week, for them, it doesn't happen nearly enough for what they have to offer.

For us, its back to base, tails between our legs. Richmond will start favourites. Not sure if we will get anyone back though.
Get back on top.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Piesnchess »

shawthing wrote:Greenwood was a massive out. He has become our most consistent defender over recent weeks.

Yes, him, Langdon, Moore, Dunn, Elliott and Stephenson would have made a helluva difference today, but what can we do, it is what it is, hey. :(
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.