Post Match. Pies beat Dogs . All comments please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ What, beyond having the single biggest game by a ruckman in 141 years, could the Coach have wanted from Grundy?
think positive
Has liked: 316 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by think positive »

RudeBoy wrote:
jatsad wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:How many goals is Daics averaging in the ressies?
Not all about goals. He is getting the ball and is a beautiful kick with both feet.
He has been playing well and deserves a chance.
It was a tongue in cheek comment. JT was being criticised for not kicking enough goals, so I thought i'd ask how many goals Daics had been kicking.
Nothing to do with goals, I just don’t remember seeing much of him all game
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ What, beyond having the single biggest game by a ruckman in 141 years, could the Coach have wanted from Grundy?
Who knows...but the coaches votes said a lot when Grundy was unanimously assessed as best on ground from all media outlets covering the game. Buckley wasn't happy about something from Grundy in that 1st half
I find your lack of faith disturbing
Abdul The Bull

Post by Abdul The Bull »

tbaker wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:^ What, beyond having the single biggest game by a ruckman in 141 years, could the Coach have wanted from Grundy?
Who knows...but the coaches votes said a lot when Grundy was unanimously assessed as best on ground from all media outlets covering the game. Buckley wasn't happy about something from Grundy in that 1st half
I haven't checked the stats but I would suggest that the hit-outs to advantage was low. Many times I observed Grundy's tap work going the wrong way. Now, that's as much our mids' fault as it is Grundy's. However, as the General in the mid-field - particularly if you wish to command north of $1M per year for your trade - you would expect he would take control of that issue. Couple that with the fact that he was up against a virtual rookie opponent he should have made more of his advantage.
I still personally think he was BOG but I can understand why Buckley was the way he was.
There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Abdul The Bull wrote:
tbaker wrote:
I haven't checked the stats but I would suggest that the hit-outs to advantage was low. Many times I observed Grundy's tap work going the wrong way. Now, that's as much our mids' fault as it is Grundy's. However, as the General in the mid-field - particularly if you wish to command north of $1M per year for your trade - you would expect he would take control of that issue. Couple that with the fact that he was up against a virtual rookie opponent he should have made more of his advantage.
I still personally think he was BOG but I can understand why Buckley was the way he was.
It was 11 to 1 at halftime, then he got going. Since he was already BOG then - by an extraordinary margin - it is remarkable that one or other coach (we don’t actually know which) apparently thought there were 3 better players than him on the ground. I’m sure they just make it up sometimes.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

We were lucky to win that match. The way the ball bounced out of our forward 50 plus the number of shots missed by the dogs means that any decent team would have had our measure for sure.

We were very lucky.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive
Has liked: 316 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by think positive »

watt price tully wrote:We were lucky to win that match. The way the ball bounced out of our forward 50 plus the number of shots missed by the dogs means that any decent team would have had our measure for sure.

We were very lucky.
welll its about damn time we got a little luck!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
K
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

watt price tully wrote:... plus the number of shots missed by the dogs ...
I struggle to remember a single moderately hard set shot from either side that was converted. Can anyone remember? Maybe Lloyd's goal in Q4 was moderately difficult. Maybe one or more of Schache's.

JdG had two set shots in the third quarter, one from the left and one from the right. One was fairly easy. Both were out on the full.

Most of the goals from both sides were kicked from inside or near the goal square.