#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mossi
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Mossi »

:D Thanks for the link stui. Not only we apreciate Masons high marking, as the some of the frames show, what he does around the ground something a lot of fans miss. Call em 1% his footy IQ is so impressive. Hope we get a similar year out of Coxy!
Jezza
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 326 times

Post by Jezza »

His improvement has been remarkable. To see his round 1 performance against Hawthorn and then his Prelim performance is a massive contrast between his best and worst football.

He was pivotal in our victory against Richmond. Rather than the ball going to ground as Richmond likes it to, Mason was actually taking important contested marks and converting his opportunities in front of goal.

25 goals in 24 games, which translates to a goal a game. If he can bump it up to 1.5 to 2 goals a game, we're going to have a serious goal kicking weapon on our hands this year.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Some more entertaining and to me, quite awe-inspiring, media about the tall Texan.

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/travis- ... expecting/

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/mason-c ... hD3O8Yv.97
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 145 times

Post by stui magpie »

Yeah, this one is linked in the article by his coach. https://www.playersvoice.com.au/keiton- ... toqTjw0.97

Common theme is how he was able to pick up stuff quicker than the athletes who'd been playing the sport for years and how getting the minutes he did in a damn good team, and when he got them, was not what happened with a walk on player.

He's clearly using those same smarts in AFL. He's constantly learning and improving and I for one love it.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Harrysz
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Harrysz »

Cox is great but he needs to get some depth into his kicking, without losing accuracy.
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

stui magpie wrote:Yeah, this one is linked in the article by his coach. https://www.playersvoice.com.au/keiton- ... toqTjw0.97

Common theme is how he was able to pick up stuff quicker than the athletes who'd been playing the sport for years and how getting the minutes he did in a damn good team, and when he got them, was not what happened with a walk on player.

He's clearly using those same smarts in AFL. He's constantly learning and improving and I for one love it.
Anthony Davis wants out.
How much cap space do we have?
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Thanks so much for this link, Stui. It was just thrilling to relive the astonishing achievements of Mason Cox in 2018.
The footage from the GF reminded me that, while WC was clearly able to limit Mason far more than Richmond was (mainly because our midfield was down), he was still able to make a very significant impact on the game. Who knows what he will be like this year, and I think that opposition clubs will be very worried about his potential to become a devastating weapon for us.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 145 times

Post by stui magpie »

Mini doco on our phallic footballer made by the AFL titled "Don't believe in Never" includes comments from the big fella himself as well as Bucks and Pebbles.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/03/10/ ... AXEojT7WlA
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Skids »

Don't count the days, make the days count.
eureka

Cox appeal

Post by eureka »

i thought of starting a post of cox update regarding his hopefully been cleared
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

Haven’t heard, are we challenging?
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
eureka

Post by eureka »

hope so we need to
piedys
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by piedys »

We better challenge, or i'll shit kittens, seriously...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

piedys wrote:We better challenge, or i'll shit kittens, seriously...
:shock: What would that feel like? Sharp claws and all...
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by think better »

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
piedys wrote:We better challenge, or i'll shit kittens, seriously...
:shock: What would that feel like? Sharp claws and all...
would probably feel Purrfect!
I think therefore I think - I think