#5 Jamie Elliott

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by stui magpie »

He'll run through the banner for his 100th later this season.

8)
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Presti35
Has liked: 393 times
Been liked: 181 times

Post by Presti35 »

If he can get to 100, it'll be a great lift for the team.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

I'm worried about Elliott

Post by RudeBoy »

Despite his amazing return to footy, I'm worried that Elliott's body could let him down at any time. At times, he was trying to stretch his legs and he looked to be in a lot of pain, just as he did during the latter half of the JLT game against the blues where he was rested at 3/4 time.

He is our most natural forward and potential match winner, but he still seems to be playing under considerable pain. I hope I'm wrong, but he looks to me like a player on the verge of another injury. Whereas, Darcy Moore looks in great shape and does not appear to be playing under any duress.

Fingers crossed I'm wrong about Billy, as he could definitely help win us a flag.
Last edited by RudeBoy on Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Achilles

Post by Achilles »

There's a good chance he'll breakdown again, but fingers crossed he's turned a corner and will play most games.
piedys
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by piedys »

Yep, ZERO hope of him playing all games this season; he must be managed effectively and really only played against the stronger sides, which should allow him weeks off to rest niggles against the majority of the bottom eight teams.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

My concerns are we will be to Elliott focused. He is the most natural forward we have as mentioned and we will look for him more than most because he is often presenting on a lead and has always been a brilliant marking option. I know he is who I'd be looking for more than anyone else in the forward half if given the chance.
I think bucks would be well aware of the forward half needing to gel if we are to improve from last year into this season but until we are in control of the run on game we will be seeing Elliott a hell of a lot more than most because he has forward smarts. I have my doubts he can get through this early part of the season before burning out. Please work it out boys. I want him there all year!
no second chances
Clemo

Post by Clemo »

Billy spent a hell of a lot on the bench on Friday night and so did Jordy
Go Pies !!!!
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Unfortunately Elliott only has one gear: all out attack. He needs to just relax a little in contests or passages where he’s no chance to get the pill.
Est. 2002
K
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

Clemo wrote:Billy spent a hell of a lot on the bench on Friday night and so did Jordy
Elliott TG 74%, JdG 79%, Beams 79%, JT 74%, ... (Just examples, not the lowest.)

Moore 92%, Roughead 92%, Mayne 90%, Flip 90%.
Jezza
Has liked: 226 times
Been liked: 319 times

Post by Jezza »

It will be always be worry for the rest of his career, but if he can play at least 15 to 17 games this year I will be content.

He demonstrated his importance and talent the other night.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Jezza wrote:
He demonstrated his importance and talent the other night.
Absolutely. that comeback game was just sensational.

Not that Jamie would give a tinker's cuss about it, but I was very gratified when Gerard announced that his Monday Hero was Jamie on AFL 360.

I'm hopeful that the club will manage him like the precious player he is.
Pie as a Kite

Post by Pie as a Kite »

He was stretching his legs in the second half? Well, it was his first AFL game in two years!
TBH I worry when I see him run or jump, but then I feel the same with Moore, and even a bit also with Treloar at the moment. Hopefully the more game time they get in, the more they become hardened to the rigours of the game and eventually we can forget they ever broke down. You would hope that the conditioning staff wouldn't let them out there without them being able to handle it.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

I don't think we can win here, ideally you'd pick a group of games to give him a break, but with the tougher draw, if he's fit he plays.
I guess we'll simply have to trust the medical dep't to manage him through the year, however it's his carcass which is the issue, not the way he's been managed.

At full flight I still see him as just as dangerous a forward as JDG. His fwd50 tackling and abilty to harrass defenders is the another factor we missed. e.g. That body work on Blicavs to score on Friday was brilliant. I think he still holds the title to the most tackles laid in a match by a Pie at 14 or 15 against Freo a few years back.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers