#5 Jamie Elliott

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Tannin wrote:Keep the faith. When fit, Billy is the best player in the team. Yes, better than Pendlebury (2019 version), better than de Gun, better than anyone. Well, except maybe Sidey and Grundy. But only maybe.

I think people have forgotten just how good he is. He's young enough to be absolutely worth sticking with. If he ever does come good again, he will make a formidable forward line downright invincible.

Absolutely worth a punt.
I think people have forgotten just how good he was. The jury is out on whether he will ever be able to return to anything like his best football of 3 yrs ago. All we can do is hope.
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times

Post by warburton lad »

Surgery has happened already- Im pretty sure thats why he got a new deal- must have been a success.

Moore and Elliot, Scharenberg and Dunn, Wells and others will make us even stronger in 2019.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

My response to his signing is very posiitive. We wouldn't have signed him again if we thought we couldn't get him fit. Great that we are backing both him and us in.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
R.Barham

Post by R.Barham »

Well said WL
Your contribution here is always appreciated especially during these difficult times
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by think positive »

warburton lad wrote:Surgery has happened already- Im pretty sure thats why he got a new deal- must have been a success.

Moore and Elliot, Scharenberg and Dunn, Wells and others will make us even stronger in 2019.
good to see you changed your mind mate, welcome back xxx

let me know when your back at training, ill join you if youd like

as for Billy, smart move, he must realize he needs to get on board the bandwagon, and im wrapped, im guessing it wasnt too expensive. sadly, i guess its bye bye Faz then. I hate saying goodbye to players who were black and white through and through, but if he is gone ill wish him well - depending on where he goes!!
Last edited by think positive on Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

And why he got a new deal- must was a success is [quotewarburton lad]Surgery happened already- Im sure that.
KenH

Post by KenH »

warburton lad wrote:Surgery has happened already- Im pretty sure thats why he got a new deal- must have been a success.

So glad to read your comments "Lad" always enjoy your stuff!
Cheers big ears
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Yes, I am happy too to see that you have changed your mind. I love reading your comments.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
E

Post by E »

last chance hotel....
glasseyevfx
Been liked: 1 time

Post by glasseyevfx »

If he can get a run of 8 or 9 games fit he will be a big advantage. Hope he gets through it would be another collingwood tragedy no to see him reach his full potential.
We shall set our course by the stars and not ships that pass in the night
K
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

E wrote:last chance hotel....
I believe it's called a "hospital", not a "hotel".
Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

K wrote:
E wrote:last chance hotel....
I believe it's called a "hospital", not a "hotel".
Usually 'Last chance saloon' isn't it? Either way, he is front n centre at the bar; hope he can turn it around, there's space for a player of his talents if he can get fit to play 25 straight
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Honestly can't see him fitting into our forward line structure.

I guess its a good signing if Mihochek has a bad case of second year blues.....a la Jack Anthony and Chris Dawes who really struggled when opposition coaches started putting a good beckman on them.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

One year signing is perfect for both sides. We get the security of not over-committing salary cap with longer tenure and Jamie gets the opportunity to stake his case in 2019 with a good injury free season thus setting himself up for a more lucrative contract next Summer. Smartly played Ned Guy.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum