#5 Jamie Elliott

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Adam Treloar 3 Votes

Post by Adam Treloar 3 Votes »

People forget that our last premiership was only 2010 and rebuilds take some time. 2018 we play finals again.
sixpoints

Jamie Elliott signs on again (one year deal)

Post by sixpoints »

SEN Radio just stated that Jamie Elliott has signed on again for 2019.
Is it just a one year deal??
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

I love the guy as a player, but likely a one year deal to be a gym buddy for our injured crew.
Est. 2002
K
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

Yes, one year...

Jamie Elliott re-signs with Collingwood for another year

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/jam ... 50733.html

And:

"Moore and Collingwood are still negotiating on a new deal with the player's manager making a revised offer to the club in recent weeks."
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

Irrelevant signing unfortunately.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

If he doesn't get on the park next year, it's sadly curtains for Billy. I doubt another club would pick him up. 27 next year. Imagine if we had Billy on the weekend, crumbing the ball from Cox's tap downs! I hope hope hope he has a fantastic pre-season and gets on top of the injury curse, he deserves a good run.
Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
npalm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by npalm »

^^^ I assume by that comment, Burnsy, you believe that his body will never be good enough to allow him to play for the majority of a season without breaking down again.
Obviously the club's medical team believe otherwise given that he has been re-signed.

Hopefully you're wrong and they're right. Cos he's a gun.
Side by side.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Going by history, yes, he will likely break down again. Hence the one year deal. One of my favourite players, and I'm hoping he gets up, but reality is another matter.
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

Keep the faith. When fit, Billy is the best player in the team. Yes, better than Pendlebury (2019 version), better than de Gun, better than anyone. Well, except maybe Sidey and Grundy. But only maybe.

I think people have forgotten just how good he is. He's young enough to be absolutely worth sticking with. If he ever does come good again, he will make a formidable forward line downright invincible.

Absolutely worth a punt.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Praise the Lord!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

If if if, Tannin. That's the problem. I love Billy, I remember his best, I know he's a gun and if he gets his body right he'll be a gun again. But can we afford to continue with ifs and maybes?

A year is the right decision, for both parties. I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

If we get Billy back on the park its a bonus, but if not I reckon the 2019 version of DeGoey will help fill the void more than adequately. We have a serious star on our hands who is ready to explode right there.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

There must be some hope they can get him back on the park, in what shape, who knows? The way things went late this year with Treloar, Goldy and injuries in general, I think we may have turned the corner. Fingers crossed
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

npalm wrote:^^^ I assume by that comment, Burnsy, you believe that his body will never be good enough to allow him to play for the majority of a season without breaking down again.
Obviously the club's medical team believe otherwise given that he has been re-signed.

Hopefully you're wrong and they're right. Cos he's a gun.
He's a gun, undoubtedly.

But yes, i dont think he'll put together another uninterrupted season. I hope i'm wrong.

Also, with the arrival of DeGoey Stevo, JT, WHE etc this season, he isn't as highly missed as he would have been otherwise...
Beware the swooping Magpie.
K
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

Presumably a lot depends on surgery, whether they find and fix something when they go in. There are echoes of what happened with Buckley.