#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

K
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

^ Oh boy... Just when we needed TP's camera lens...
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

tbaker wrote:I saw the BT segment and was also at the game on Saturday. The footage they showed was only part of it (I guess the only parts they had captured on camera). There were other instances 30+m off the ball where he was prevented from running (had his arm held) and prevented from leading (opponents arms wrapped around him) when the ball was heading towards our 50 arc. The fans could see it and surely at least one of the umpires should've seen what was happening - my guess is they didn't want to be seen as paying a "soft" free off the ball.
Oops. Too much data.
Clifton Hill-Billy
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Clifton Hill-Billy »

Got held onto and tunneled out of the contest all day, right in front of meeeeeeee
"Hey Ma get off the dang roof!"
Albert Parker

Post by Albert Parker »

swoop42 wrote:Well if the club is smart they'll be sending vision of the incidents to the umpires boss with a please explain letter.

Ed and Buckley should use their media opportunities to push the company line also.

The only way we'll see positive change is if we create enough noise.
Do you think BT got the footage and idea himself? I am sure the club have seen him as a vehicle to get this view out there in the media without Ed and Bucks publicly leading the campaign and Joe Public responding 'have a sook' or 'Ed runs the AFL' in the event that more free kicks get paid.
One team, one dream - the Pies and this year's premiership
Culprit
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by Culprit »

The umpires treat Mason as a Circus act, they do not respect him and treat him with disdain. Mason has to continue along and earn their respect which is ridiculous but that's how it is.
SwansWay

Post by SwansWay »

I've never seen another forward infringed quite as blatantly as he is. You're right, it's as if the umpires think his height is an unfair advantage so to level the playing field they turn a blind eye to blocking and chopping. The umpires used to look after Paul Salmon.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 116 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

I watched the game twice and saw at least 12 instances of him being held by the arm or jumper and it not being paid
It's a disgrace to see this happen week in week out
I hope Bucks and Eddie get the footage and ask for a please explain from the umpiring department
If only 3 or 4 of those are paid we are close to winning especially when he was only 15-30m out in most instances and would have easily kicked the goals
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

They are not chopping his arm or tunnelling as much.
But they are holding his arm all the bloody time!!!!!!!
The Pretender

Post by The Pretender »

Cox - super tall, and American.
So he always looks like he's monstering his opponent,
and the umpires can always claim that he doesn't understand the rules.

It's absolutely ridiculous.
He's being robbed time and time again.
glasseyevfx
Been liked: 1 time

Post by glasseyevfx »

Umps have lost a lot of credibility this season and not just with Mason. How can the dons have a big whinge and get a clear advantage the week after and it flying under the radar is beyond me. It just shows that they are too influential in deciding the outcome.

The first few calls in the tigers game were atrocious and blatantly trying to manufacture advantage.

To be fair AFL is a harder game to adjudicate on than the NRL but they seem to have thrown out the idea of making a correct call for balancing the ledger or appeasing both sides of the fence. If a team is giving away too many frees why wouldn't be the players incompetence or the training they receive be at fault over another team. There is no reason a penalty balance should occur.

The AFL are creating a farce of the rules.
We shall set our course by the stars and not ships that pass in the night
K

Post by K »

Is it every team to an equal extent, or mainly Richmond, who did/does this?
Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 21 times

Post by Dave The Man »

He Kick 100 Goals in a Season IF he got all the Frees he Should
I am Da Man
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Dave The Man wrote:He Kick 100 Goals in a Season IF he got all the Frees he Should
Settle down. Half his free kicks (no calls) are beyond 50m.
Est. 2002
K

Post by K »

^ So why no 50m penalties then?
Cam
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Cam »

SwansWay wrote:I've never seen another forward infringed quite as blantantly as he is. You're right, it's as if the umpires think his height is an unfair advantage so to level the playing field they turn a blind eye to blocking and chopping. The umpires used to look after Paul Salmon.
Trav Cloke wanted to take out AVOs against the key defenders because of the way he was treated...
Get back on top.