#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

lanstro

Post by lanstro »

Great article, thanks for the link.
K
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

The Average Tourist

Post by The Average Tourist »

K wrote:https://www.9now.com.au/afl-footy-show/2018/clip-cjj72fezp001v0hlb8971hys4
Fantastic that is great does anyone have Mangrook
Bucks you just reckon he can still cut it in the middle
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

Last 2 weeks have been quiet.

Needs to step up again.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Is this really the last one?
Pies2016
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 169 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Currently THIRD in the league for contested marks in 2018

....... Shhhh
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

Really love the way that he is starting to crash the packs.

Will cause players to think twice before coming back into his space.

Couple of times he spoilt Mihocek so just needs to learn to pick his moments.
SwansWay

BT on Mason Cox on Talking Footy

Post by SwansWay »

Finally the media are starting to expose the illegality of how opposition teams are interfering with Cox. I'm sure most of you saw this segment. BT showed vision from the weekend and the bloody umpires were standing right there when Mason was being held quite clearly! Yet they'll pick out dumb free kicks and not pay the clear cut ones. No wonder everybody thinks the game is in trouble.

I think this topic came up at about round 3 or 4 and the umpires penalised teams for interfering with him for about 2 games now it's back to how it was. Can't they just open their bloody eyes. I mean there's enough of them skipping around.
K

Post by K »

Need to record that footage...
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au
Been liked: 1 time

Post by kymbo5@yahoo.com.au »

I watched it too. Hopefully some of the umpires hear about it and act. Cox has been held, blocked and tunnelled with little to no protection from the umps. Surely we can get a little luck with this to make up for the alleged injury curse.
kymbo
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

Well if the club is smart they'll be sending vision of the incidents to the umpires boss with a please explain letter.

Ed and Buckley should use their media opportunities to push the company line also.

The only way we'll see positive change is if we create enough noise.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
4everpies

Post by 4everpies »

swoop42 wrote:Well if the club is smart they'll be sending vision of the incidents to the umpires boss with a please explain letter.

Ed and Buckley should use their media opportunities to push the company line also.

Yes, that is exactly what they should do. Stupid muppet umps see he is a big bloke and assume he can take care of himself. The club should be screaming injustice from the rooftops
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

I know you are but what am I.
K

Post by K »

4everpies wrote:
swoop42 wrote:Well if the club is smart they'll be sending vision of the incidents to the umpires boss with a please explain letter. ...
Yes, that is exactly what they should do. ... The club should be screaming injustice from the rooftops
Ahemm.... :|

The club might need some help from a grassroots campaign, especially in the leadup to a final...
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

I saw the BT segment and was also at the game on Saturday. The footage they showed was only part of it (I guess the only parts they had captured on camera). There were other instances 30+m off the ball where he was prevented from running (had his arm held) and prevented from leading (opponents arms wrapped around him) when the ball was heading towards our 50 arc. The fans could see it and surely at least one of the umpires should've seen what was happening - my guess is they didn't want to be seen as paying a "soft" free off the ball.
I find your lack of faith disturbing