#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

PyreneesPie wrote:Mason Cox was on the Beep Test tonight. It's a humorous footy quiz show on Fox Footy. He looked really comfortable and it seems he's cottoned on to that depreciating humour that Australians have down pat. When he first arrived, he looked like he had no idea what it was all about! He even answered this question "What are the next words after this line in this particular song - Am I ever going to see your face again"? Got the answer perfectly with no prompting!!

He said that although he has five year permanency visa, he's going to apply for Australian citizenship next year.
Is depreciating humour a comment about how political correctness is influencing modern comedians?
K
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

David wrote:
Skids wrote:Big fella is 100% on budgie smugglers. Why anyone would wear them is beyond comprehension.
Comfort over style. Is it actually possible to swim in board shorts?
Not properly, I think, unless they fall off completely.

In the US up till the 60s or 70s, many swimming pools had a birthday-suit dress code, astonishing though that may seem now.
glasseyevfx
Been liked: 1 time

Post by glasseyevfx »

Skids wrote: He's got a real chance to take dozens of big marks and kick a few bags over the next month.

Go big fella!
would be good for confidence but don't be surprised if this doesn't happen - his height will be an edge when the forward line is struggling. If the game gets open we might find the team looking to other avenues.
We shall set our course by the stars and not ships that pass in the night
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Skids »

David wrote:
Skids wrote:Big fella is 100% on budgie smugglers. Why anyone would wear them is beyond comprehension.
Comfort over style. Is it actually possible to swim in board shorts?
I've done a few triathlons and yep, boardies for the swim leg... and trainning.
You couldn't pay me enough to wear speedos.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 135 times

Post by RudeBoy »

The big fella better clunk a few this week.
mackasmatt

Post by mackasmatt »

Can see him really troubling Nathan Brown this week. Brown has only conceded 8 Frees Against this year, and is going at 90% by foot.. surprisingly impressive stats. He's also 2nd in the league for 'One Percenters' (knock-ons, spoils, smothers, and shepherds).
------------
----------
MAGPIES '18
----------
------------
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Bux says Cox is hard done by!

Post by masoncox »

Listening to the Bux presser.
He clearly indicated that there is an issue with the way
the opposition is targeting Cox at the marking contest.
Time to whinge relentlessly with the the AFL maggots.
jatsad
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Bux says Cox is hard done by!

Post by jatsad »

masoncox wrote:Listening to the Bux presser.
He clearly indicated that there is an issue with the way
the opposition is targeting Cox at the marking contest.
Time to whinge relentlessly with the the AFL maggots.
Another early morning coffee with Gil
Jatsad - That is all
Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 21 times

Post by Dave The Man »

He got Crucfied by Umps Tonight
I am Da Man
Brenny

Post by Brenny »

Big Cox was a bit stiff, tonight!

Chopping of the arms so many times.
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey, we want some Bayley!
foreigner

Post by foreigner »

Bux wouldn't raise it. But Cox was really hard done by. Ch7 team asked from Hayden on this - so at least there is some heat on it.
Pies Forever
Vexillology

Post by Vexillology »

Just in from the game. Not just chopping his arms ... there was a clear plan to tunnel him. Well, maybe not tunnel in its most dramatic sense but attack his lower half while he is in the air.
Jezza
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 324 times

Post by Jezza »

Bucks' full response to the question concerning Mason Cox.
"I think it's ongoing. I think Mason is still learning the craft; so some guys draw the free kicks really well by making it obvious to the umpires. We're coaching Mason to go highest point at the ball and to use his strengths which is his height and reach to advantage. I think clearly the opposition has decided the best way to nullify his impact is to really go hard at the body off ball, as the ball is coming into his area. It's a tough job for the umpiring department, but I think he's going to be due more as we become more aware of what the tactics are at the moment because he's doing well to fight through it. There are laws that protect his access to the ball and we're sure he will be supported as the year continues".
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
BHPIE

Post by BHPIE »

I cant believe how many clowns bag Cox on this site,
E

Post by E »

did you see how hard Cameron Ling worked to beat up the Cox report so he would get weeks.

Carey quite rightly said, "pretty light contact" "might not have even gotten the head". Ling jumps in a says - yes but this is a dangerous tackle and this is what we need to stamp out. The kid has gotta go for that!

he just hates Collingwood. Should not be allowed to commentate collingwood games. Too much bias.