#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

RudeBoy wrote:I get the feeling that one day he'll kick 10 goals.
...yeah, this coming Sunday
piedys
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by piedys »

I just love big Cox.... I can't get enough!
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

piedys wrote:I just love big Cox.... I can't get enough!
can we stick to the footy topic? :D 8)
piedys

Post by piedys »

MagpiesTheGreat wrote:
piedys wrote:I just love big Cox.... I can't get enough!
can we stick to the footy topic? :D 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Someone you know

Post by Someone you know »

Yes, when was the last time we loaded up on players with great double entendre names? Sidebottom, Goldsack, Dick etc.? It ended pretty well didn't it?
Who's probably reading this
piedys

Post by piedys »

Someone you know wrote:Yes, when was the last time we loaded up on players with great double entendre names? Sidebottom, Goldsack, Dick etc.? It ended pretty well didn't it?
I also adored my little Dicky, but he kept on getting soft-tissue injuries?!
Someone you know

Post by Someone you know »

Could've been anything that kid. Although I believe that line is trade marked by Sean "Could've been Anything" Rusling.
Who's probably reading this
piedys

Post by piedys »

Someone you know wrote:Could've been anything that kid. Although I believe that line is trade marked by Sean "Could've been Anything" Rusling.
Brad Dick just didn't have the frame and body mass for AFL, which was a shame, because he was very, very shifty in front of goals...

Rusling, like most of the 2007 team, was unlucky not to get through to that grand final, and snag an unlikely premiership. Rus could pop his shoulder out by so much as sneezing... :?
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Skids »

Boogie Knights wrote:Had he kicked 5 goals (he kicked 2.2 and dished one to Aish that he should of had a crack at), would have been in ANZAC medal calculations?

His palm work at marking contests is a thing of beauty!
Was so good to see him take a career high, 8 marks.
All of his stats are improving with each outing.

I love the big guy.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

Loving big Mase, there was a fantastic interview with [Elle Mcfeast] Libbi Gorr on the ABC the other day, if anyone can put the link up, it would be appreciated.
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

As great as Rance is as a general defender he's still fallible if he can be isolated against a big tall forward.

I'm hoping we have gone to school on Adelaide's performance against Richmond in round 2 when they were able to successfully expose him against Jenkins.

Obviously this is much easier said than done and will rely heavily on our ability to win the midfield battle and deliver inside 50 to advantage but after teasing us so far in his career this could potentially be the breakout game from Cox we are about to witness.

Fair to say though he must clunk those marking opportunities when he gets clean hands on them.

Time for Cox to Yankee Doodle Dandy and go to town tomorrow.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
K
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

^ Yes, that was apparent at time last year (and more highlighted at the time, because everyone was not biased by knowledge of how the year ended). But is Rance their only option? Can they not switch defenders and free him up?
K
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

piedys wrote:... Rus could pop his shoulder out by so much as sneezing... :?
Okay, but should we believe it if the player or club claims that? Is it being overly suspicious to ask questions? ... When it was claimed that Daicos dislocated his shoulder just from rolling over in his bed in his sleep, was that actually true?
buzzlightyear

Post by buzzlightyear »

Mason was able to get into the ANZAC day game by leading into the marketing contest unimpeded more so than other weeks. His height is negated when he is pushed out of position when wrestling with his opponent or where smarter defenders can move him under the ball.

Q4 was junk time last week when he took those marks, especially when Cale Hooker went forward for Essendon. They were essentially uncontested.

It will different against RFF. Their back half teams really well together notwithstanding Rance.

I have noticed Mason's kicking go backwards in the last year, so not sure if that is anything to do with his bandaged left leg/knee.

The position he plays will be vital for our chances to make the finals, bit like David Hale's role at Hawthorn during their premierships
Buzz
Looking for sweet 16.....
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

piedys wrote:
Someone you know wrote:Could've been anything that kid. Although I believe that line is trade marked by Sean "Could've been Anything" Rusling.
Brad Dick just didn't have the frame and body mass for AFL, which was a shame, because he was very, very shifty in front of goals...

Rusling, like most of the 2007 team, was unlucky not to get through to that grand final, and snag an unlikely premiership. Rus could pop his shoulder out by so much as sneezing... :?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4-maSGNYOI

The following week against Port was his best game: https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2 ... 90531.html

And here's his best goal, against the Swans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gRsUD76QxM