#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

E

Post by E »

RudeBoy wrote:I've been saying for some time that our whole season depends on one bloke and one bloke only....Mason Cox. If he is successful this year, then so too will our team. If he kicks 50 goals, then we will finish top 5.
yeah, but what you mean is that if he becomes the player we all dream he MIGHT be, then we'll be good. Its like saying, Collingwood will be a great team if Mason Cox is really Josh Kennedy!!!
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

havnt seen him as a lead up forward or a down the ground relief tall target marking option with much success. do these things like cloke did he's our MIP. however as he is limited to just a small run up then take the grab in front of the goals type we better have a decent retention plan to lock it in the forward 50 to cover he's short falls, otherwise our backline will be the hardest working in the league. again this season.
no second chances
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by think better »

masoncox wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:
masoncox wrote: Hal, I think you should become obsolete....like 3 years ago!
Buckley survived the last 3 years so why not HAL...side by side
Bots are yesterday!!!!
Hal is AI without the I
I think therefore I think - I think
Pies2016
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 167 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
RudeBoy
Been liked: 134 times

Post by RudeBoy »

E wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:I've been saying for some time that our whole season depends on one bloke and one bloke only....Mason Cox. If he is successful this year, then so too will our team. If he kicks 50 goals, then we will finish top 5.
yeah, but what you mean is that if he becomes the player we all dream he MIGHT be, then we'll be good. Its like saying, Collingwood will be a great team if Mason Cox is really Josh Kennedy!!!
What I mean is that our whole forward structure is built around Cox. If this experiment works, we'll be fine, but if it goes pear shaped, we are phucked!
Pies2016
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 167 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Last edited by Pies2016 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

Don't know if he's capable of kicking 50 goals this year (I certainly hope he can), but it's pretty evident that he needs to improve his game all round and double his efforts and output in order to be considered a decent forward target and not just one who bobs up every once in a while for a cameo.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Just 50 more to go, now.
Cam
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Cam »

I think that was his worst game for the club. He will only improve from here, similar start to last year iirc. Buckley dropped him very fast last year, wonder if it will happen again. Not sure if that's the right option either, he's it, make it work.
Get back on top.
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

Two more flags before I die!
E

Can the Cox Experiment be over now please!!!!!!

Post by E »

i mean seriously, how often was cox in the neighborhood of the ball and all we needed was an AFL caliber player in the vicinity.

I would also banish Smith forever.

I still cant see what Aish brings to a game of footy. he seems to get caught every time he goes near the ball, has no penetration on his kick and just doesnt create.

finally, i am a big fan of Varcoe, but i think he might be done as well.

To the credit of Crocker and Thomas (both of whom i have in the gun), they both acquitted themselves very well. I would give them another shot.

Finally, is there really no one capable of keeping Smith and Cox out of the side?
E

Post by E »

RudeBoy wrote:
E wrote:
What I mean is that our whole forward structure is built around Cox. If this experiment works, we'll be fine, but if it goes pear shaped, we are phucked!
asked and answered!!

I think it has gone pear shaped, and yes - you are right!
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Scharenberg, Brown, Daicos, Kirby, heck, even Blair, would have provided something more hopeful than the shit that was served up tonight.
Est. 2002
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

Two more flags before I die!