#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

While I agree with the above, it's totally up to the leadership group what punishment is dished out to him. Whatever they determine is what I agree with because De Goey has to face his teammates on the field.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 116 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Pies4shaw wrote:Martin was always a star. Apparently a ratbag - but always a star. In his first 4 seasons, Martin played 86 games and already had 39 Brownlow votes. De Goey merely remains a guy who shows a bit of promise, when he can get himself organised to play a game.

If I thought Collingwood was going to finish in any of the top 14 places on the ladder, I'd be really concerned that this was going to affect our season negatively.
Funny how you use those numbers to define Martin as a star before he had actually had a positive impact on his teams performance
Martin was a known rat bag and was walking a tightrope between being a good footballer and ending up on the wrong side of the law.
Martin had played exactly 1 final in those years as well for a heavy loss.
Your pot shot at Beams before is funny but really juvenile because by using your own stats Martin and Beams statistically are similar over the first 4 years. Beams played a 11 less games and earned 30 Brownlow votes and had a Copeland, AA nomination, finished in top 2 in AFLPA MVP voting, top 5 in coaches voting & top 5 in the Brownlow all during his first 4 years.
So by your own definition Beams was already a star and ahead of Martin at the same point in there respective careers.
Would you like Sidey's stats over his first 4 years to show how far behind both Martin & Beams he was ??
I wouldn't think so
But back to JDG & the club
Whether he plays all the games during the season or not likely wouldn't have a huge impact on our finishing position based on exposed form. He hasn't shown to be a match winner consistently (apart from the odd quarter here or there)
He is obviously talented but right now he's behaviour and approach to being a professional footballer isn't up to scratch.
The club can afford to penalise him heavily be it financial or in terms of matches sat down for. It might send a very clear message to the young players around the club about the standards expected.

I really personally don't care if he misses games I would rather have players on the field who really want to be the best they can be and represent the club in a positive way than a player who looks and acts like he doesn't give a shit about the club and the opportunity afforded to him.
Only down side is his trade value has taken a massive hit. By his actions if the club and he decide to part ways at seasons end we won't be getting anywhere near what we invested into him.
I don't care what the media of the AFL say the punishment should be there self served interests aren't in the best interests of our footy club.
If the club sees fit to give him a couple weeks off so be it. If the club sees fit to kick him out for a long period so be that.
This kid doesn't have the credits in the bank to earn him any slack
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Leggie wrote:He screwed up.
Kick his arse.
Fine him.
Suspend him.
Then move on.

Go Pies
SUSPEND him??? Why?So he can screw our entire season like last year and bring him back when it's all over rover? Hit him on the head, hard,fine him,LOT'S and put him on a first and final.Screw up again and you're gone from the club.Collingwood cut their nose off to spite their face last year and people laughed out loud at how stupid we were for "Upholding our moral values"??? while all the other clubs stars were given the the rap on the knuckles and a fine.Any talk of suspension is ludicrous and would show how stupid we actually are,nowt the way we are perceived.
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

burnsy17 wrote:
Skids wrote:All these perfect posters who never made a mistake or 2 in their early years :roll:
I know I wasn't stupid enough to make the same mistakes more than once.

This guy has sh1t for brains!
So Burnsy!1 When was it exactly he got done for DUI again??? I must have been sleeping or something.
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

I don't care whether he got caught drink driving.
The law will deal with it.
But everyone wants a piece of the action like we are a church group.
We seem to spend more time moralizing and procrastinating than playing footy.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
woodys_world69
Been liked: 32 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

Why is everyone in this thread acting like this is his first time?

Drinking and driving is completely on him. Nobody forced him into the car drunk and drove off. Now the fight last year did have another party contributing to the fight.

Bucks and the coaching staff would be fuming as he lied to them again....he said he wouldn't do anything like this again
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Est. 2002
September Zeros

Post by September Zeros »

Dumb and dumber shall he hence forward be known until he redeems himself.

But Collingwood .....the suspension obviously didn't work last year so time for a new approach. As many have said , make the punishment a personal one. One that doesn't hurt the team or the fans enjoyment of the game. They don't deserve to be punished too.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Post by Woods »

Castration?
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

The kid is a village idiot , but a required player to us possibly been a better side this year . If he is fit he plays seniors what's the point in playing him in the VFL ? To make Journos and other clubs happy?
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Boogie Knights

Post by Boogie Knights »

Full match simulation while being tagged (in turn) by Adams, Dunn (as leadership group punishment), followed by Maynard, Greenwood (when fit) and then Goldy.

I reckon that might just about do it.
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

De dumb dumb will be punished and counciled no doubt. I'm hoping he isn't penalized in a way that he's absence on the feild will be surely missed. he'll be feeling pretty low at this moment sitting with ed, bucks, he's mum and dad plus manager. huge wake up call.
no second chances
K
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

E wrote:I am now seeing articles in the Paper suggesting he should be suspended on an open ended basis.

This is the AFL heirachy F%cking with Collingwood again! ...

Next, let's recognize that our club likely reads these sites to get a feeling for how the supporters feel about it.

Can we PLEASE stop supporting this nonsense by confirming the stupid reporting that i am seeing from Gleeson and others!

Gleeson is a Collingwood supporter. (We have good representation among the experienced football reporters at The Age: Niall and Baum are too.)