#5 Jamie Elliott

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piethagoras' Theorem
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

I thought Mrs Jessup was dead?
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Alan Didak and Heath shaw must be smiling wryly to themselves. !
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

He must have been unlucky to get caught weeing at 3 o'clock in the morning by the police.Usually if someone's getting murdered or raped at that time of the night there isn't a cop in sight,but if you're urinating into a rubbish bin they're right onto you,it seems.
Culprit
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Culprit »

When I first heard this I thought someone was taking the piss.
69 years a MAGPIE

Post by 69 years a MAGPIE »

Billy had a few too many and stopped for a piss very early Sunday morning. Who has not at some stage. No damage to any property (I'm sure the bin has had worse put into it), no one hurt, no one offended, he wasn't driving. AFL players recently have done a lot worse. He has been fined and shamed. The club may fine him again, make him do some community service but he should not be suspended - not in season, on his holidays.
No one needs to get hurt, it's only business.
Jpies

Post by Jpies »

Harrysz wrote:Another thing Mudlark, if you think that no one asked Jamie if he wanted to be a role model, have a look at the standard AFL players' contract, which says that the player mustn't do anything which might bring his club or the AFL into repute.
But that's just the thing. It seems no one here, myself included, thinks what he did brought the club or the AFL into disrepute. I personally don't think any less of Jamie, Collingwood or the AFL. Neither do most other posters, and I think most people wouldn't really take much of an issue with it, either (then again, it is Collingwood so they may conveniently come out of the woodwork).

I mean seriously:
1) he had a few drinks, and naturally needed to go to toilet
2) he was in a public place, at a time when there would likely not be many public toilets open (save for fast food joints etc, and we don't know specifically where he was)
3) out of all the places he could have gone, he went in a bin, which is probably the most considerate place to go in those circumstances.

Really, any punishment would be ridiculous.
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Culprit wrote:When I first heard this I thought someone was taking the piss.
You were almost right Culprit.It was someone taking "A" piss. :lol:
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Pissing in a wheelie bin? A rubbish story!
Presti35
Has liked: 399 times
Been liked: 181 times

Post by Presti35 »

Have a look at this link: http://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=81372

This time last year there were 2 Fremantle players involved in separate assault charges, a Melbourne player in a drink driving case, a Port Adelaide player involved in a hit a run and a St Kilda player detained for being drunk in public.

In 2017, Jamie Elliot urinates outside and it's headline news. FFS, leave the MCG after any event and theres blokes pissing everywhere in the car park.

It matters which club you play for.

I'm going to go piss outside now.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
piester

Post by piester »

Tweet from Swanny .... "Absolutely warms the cockles of the heart to see the boys trying to keep the ratpack spirit alive at the pies. Well done Jamie, well done 👏"

If anyone here hasn't had a sneaky piss whilst out and about I would be somewhat surprised!
Is there any place you would rather be, than with me at the MCG?
foreigner

Post by foreigner »

Sheesh this is really a non-issue.

He was caught, fined (rather excessively I might add, but he'll cop it)

The club should maybe just issue a statement saying he was sorry. That should be it.

Nothing to see ... move on.
Pies Forever
Stevo75

Post by Stevo75 »

Agree, nothing to see here. A young man enjoying himself during his time off. They get what, 3-4 weeks a year off? Jamie is 25 years old and he needed a leak? Seriously? Because the world is so sanatised now the club will need to fine him to appease the do-gooders and I'm ok with that. I will be filthy if they suspend him for any games though. At the end of the day the aim is to win games and he would be one of the first picked. Please Collingwood, do the right thing and just get on with winning games of footy.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

FFS, just promote him to the leadership group and be done with it!
Woods

Post by Woods »

My understanding is that Elliot was not charged for urinating in a bin. He was charged with being drunk in a public place.

The pissing in the bin might have led police to consider that he was drunk, but of itself it is not a crime (unless you cause damages, piss on people etc)
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

When was he?