#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies2016
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 167 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Great news ! I blame Buckley ( eye roll )
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
RudeBoy
Been liked: 134 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I reckon his last 3 games probably just about doubled his salary. Good luck to him. If he can continue to improve we will have the best big man combination in the comp. The pleasing thing to me from that last game, was how well Grundy played as a forward as well. If they can assist each other in the ruck and kick a couple of goals each week, then we'll win more games next year for sure. Let the good times roll.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Wonderful news. I'm absolutely thrilled that Mason Cox has signed for 3 more years. He and Grundy are going to form a deadly duo as a ruck combination in the coming years. It will free up Moore to play all over the ground and not have to cover in the ruck. Suddenly our forward line woes are not as bad as we have been making out and it gives us the time to develop another tall forward that we draft in the national draft coming up. Good times ahead.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Pies2016 wrote:Great news ! I blame Buckley ( eye roll )
You can if Cox plays in the reserves for the next 3 years. :wink:
woodys_world69
Been liked: 32 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

Better kick then Mayne too.
Glad your staying big cox
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

Good news.

Now let's see if he can live up to the hype.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

First bit of good news i have heard in a long time at Collingwood. Thank god for that.
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

Well done Coxy.

Look forward to 3 years of domination in tandem with Brodie.
The Average Tourist

Post by The Average Tourist »

If both play together it expands both as they will get a rest up forward and Darcy can be the second target as when one of the big fellas are resting they can just kick it long
Great result
It also makes my 125 year jumper look a bit better bought at the dinner
Bucks you just reckon he can still cut it in the middle
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

After watching his highlights over just 20 games, it would be hard to want to see him leave the club. He can only get better

https://goo.gl/H3Y6f1
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
RudeBoy
Been liked: 134 times

Post by RudeBoy »

With an arsenal of Grundy, Cox and Moore, we potentially have the best big man combination in the AFL. If McLarty can step up next year and play a few senior games, all of a sudden our we have all KPP spots secured. Obviously bringing in a player like Lever would be the icing on the cake, but even without that, we look a much improved team already.
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 144 times

Post by stui magpie »

RudeBoy wrote:With an arsenal of Grundy, Cox and Moore, we potentially have the best big man combination in the AFL. If McLarty can step up next year and play a few senior games, all of a sudden our we have all KPP spots secured. Obviously bringing in a player like Lever would be the icing on the cake, but even without that, we look a much improved team already.
pre/post season optimism can do that. :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

This is bloody fantastic news. Those last few games with both Grundy and Cox playing ruck, rather than Cox being a gawky forward, promised something truly formidable. Roll on 2018.
Two more flags before I die!
E

Post by E »

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:Wonderful news. I'm absolutely thrilled that Mason Cox has signed for 3 more years. He and Grundy are going to form a deadly duo as a ruck combination in the coming years. It will free up Moore to play all over the ground and not have to cover in the ruck. Suddenly our forward line woes are not as bad as we have been making out and it gives us the time to develop another tall forward that we draft in the national draft coming up. Good times ahead.
how exactly did our forward line woes improve with an announcement that it wont be changing???

Last weeks of the season are always fools gold!!! dont be sucked in.

We need a KPP who can be another focal point as we do much much better when Moore is not the sole focal point.

We need to find a way to get a solid marking target into the team.

Cox is incredibly valuable insurance against the likes of a Grundy injury/suspension and i can see games where the two of them can do well together. Especially now that Grundy looks like a better marking target!
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Skids »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:Great news ! I blame Buckley ( eye roll )
You can if Cox plays in the reserves for the next 3 years. :wink:
One of your worst posts... and there's been some corkers.
Don't count the days, make the days count.