#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 134 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Those tweets between Cox and Bucks sound promising.

I reckon Bucks will have told the big fella something like "mate, up until a month ago we were happy to let you go, but when we needed you to perform on the big stage, you really stepped up mate and I can see you becoming equal first ruck with Grundy next year. You guys might just become the greatest ruck/forward combination in VFL/AFL history". 8)
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Damien wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:Bucks tweeted this today
I hope he was telling Coxy that he is absolutely a required player who is in our best 22
I'll shout Coxy's avo on toast for the next 12 months if he agrees to stay.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Damien wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:Bucks tweeted this today
I hope he was telling Coxy that he is absolutely a required player who is in our best 22
He'd be a big eater I reckon! That could cost you.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 116 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Damien wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Damien wrote: I hope he was telling Coxy that he is absolutely a required player who is in our best 22
I'll shout the coffees to go with it !!
Damien

Post by Damien »

Seems that most think he's on the move. I hope not.
The Herald - 1930
4everpies

Post by 4everpies »

All of a sudden Mason Cox has turned into a cross between Peter Moore and Gary Dempsey. He's unique but he still hasn't proved that he will make it in AFL.

I don't want him to leave, but I also don't want us to break the bank to keep him.

For all those who are blaming the club for him wanting to leave, what do you want them to do? Tie him down and hold him hostage? He's out of contract and wants to play first ruck which cannot happen if Grundy is playing.

The combination of Cox and Grundy looked good last weekend, but let's face it, Melb put no pressure on at all.
Damien

Post by Damien »

I don't think he's a cross between anyone. But I do think he has enormous upside due to the amazing progress he's made in a very short time. 7fters don't grow on trees. Must keep him.
The Herald - 1930
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 142 times

Post by stui magpie »

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Damien wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote: I'll shout Coxy's avo on toast for the next 12 months if he agrees to stay.
You're in Qld, how bout you just pinch the Avo's and post the to the club. :P
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 116 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

stui magpie wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Damien wrote: He'd be a big eater I reckon! That could cost you.
You're in Qld, how bout you just pinch the Avo's and post the to the club. :P
Done I'll even hand deliver them if it helps
jatsad
Been liked: 16 times

Post by jatsad »

4everpies wrote:All of a sudden Mason Cox has turned into a cross between Peter Moore and Gary Dempsey. He's unique but he still hasn't proved that he will make it in AFL.

I don't want him to leave, but I also don't want us to break the bank to keep him.

For all those who are blaming the club for him wanting to leave, what do you want them to do? Tie him down and hold him hostage? He's out of contract and wants to play first ruck which cannot happen if Grundy is playing.

The combination of Cox and Grundy looked good last weekend, but let's face it, Melb put no pressure on at all.
True, Melbourne didn't put on a lot of pressure. But he won in the ruck, where obviously there's no tackling. And remember, it looks like the bounce is going. Now it becomes a basketball throw up. Any problems he had with judging the bounce disappear and the tall players will have a major advantage.

And he's the tallest.
Jatsad - That is all
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

jatsad wrote:
4everpies wrote:All of a sudden Mason Cox has turned into a cross between Peter Moore and Gary Dempsey. He's unique but he still hasn't proved that he will make it in AFL.

True, Melbourne didn't put on a lot of pressure. But he won in the ruck, where obviously there's no tackling. And remember, it looks like the bounce is going. Now it becomes a basketball throw up. Any problems he had with judging the bounce disappear and the tall players will have a major advantage.

And he's the tallest.
Not forgetting, of course ,that the Melbourne ruck muppets was on track for AA selection according to most commentators and when a 6'10' person jumps as high as they can with their knee cocked and pointed straight at your chest,/ thigh/head,then THAT is a tackle albeit a slightly different form of one.If we lose Cox after the years we've put in we have not learned a single thing. We lost absolutely nothing when Cox was solo in Grundy's absence and I reckon he'll even get a Brownlow vote. We must keep him at all costs.
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

mudlark wrote:
jatsad wrote:

And he's the tallest.
Not forgetting, of course ,that the Melbourne ruck muppets was on track for AA selection according to most commentators and when a 6'10' person jumps as high as they can with their knee cocked and pointed straight at your chest,/ thigh/head,then THAT is a tackle albeit a slightly different form of one.If we lose Cox after the years we've put in we have not learned a single thing. We lost absolutely nothing when Cox was solo in Grundy's absence and I reckon he'll even get a Brownlow vote. We must keep him at all costs.
Lucky Nicks doesn't hand out the Brownlow. We'd be giving 1 away a month!

If Mason Cox wins a Brownlow, I'll walk backwards to Perth.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

dalyc wrote:
mudlark wrote:
jatsad wrote: True, Melbourne didn't put on a lot of pressure. But he won in the ruck, where obviously there's no tackling. And remember, it looks like the bounce is going. Now it becomes a basketball throw up. Any problems he had with judging the bounce disappear and the tall players will have a major advantage.

And he's the tallest.

Sorry to be the one to point out the BLEEDING obvious ,but I did say Brrownlow VOTE!!! Perhaps ONE!! for his game against Geelong. Maybe you should just walk anyways. :roll:
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

Cox might well not end up mounting to much in following seasons but we're yet to discover what his ceiling is either so if he's willing to remain on what we're prepared to offer then it's the better outcome and it will not force us to go looking for a viable backup for Grundy either which is a plus just 12 months after trading Witts.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

mudlark wrote:
dalyc wrote:
mudlark wrote: Not forgetting, of course ,that the Melbourne ruck muppets was on track for AA selection according to most commentators and when a 6'10' person jumps as high as they can with their knee cocked and pointed straight at your chest,/ thigh/head,then THAT is a tackle albeit a slightly different form of one.If we lose Cox after the years we've put in we have not learned a single thing. We lost absolutely nothing when Cox was solo in Grundy's absence and I reckon he'll even get a Brownlow vote. We must keep him at all costs.

Sorry to be the one to point out the BLEEDING obvious ,but I did say Brrownlow VOTE!!! Perhaps ONE!! for his game against Geelong. Maybe you should just walk anyways. :roll:
Ah yes. I see. apologies.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better