#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

stui magpie wrote:
Culprit wrote:People point out his errors and they also note that he is learning. WarrenW is correct about that two hands and I would suggest that the two hands up does not come natural with him. With Cox's height the opposition have to man him up and this brings in Moore. My view is if we don't play him then he has no point being on the list. Play him.
I tend to think that, in a pack situation, if he doesn't think he's a good chance of actually marking the ball, he chooses to go one handed and tries to palm it to a teammate. Watch some of those one handed attempts closely.
Yep.
And sometimes I think he is trying to hold off or push another opposition player in the pack.
He needs to not go up one handed most of the time.
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
slangman
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by slangman »

thompsoc wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Culprit wrote:People point out his errors and they also note that he is learning. WarrenW is correct about that two hands and I would suggest that the two hands up does not come natural with him. With Cox's height the opposition have to man him up and this brings in Moore. My view is if we don't play him then he has no point being on the list. Play him.
I tend to think that, in a pack situation, if he doesn't think he's a good chance of actually marking the ball, he chooses to go one handed and tries to palm it to a teammate. Watch some of those one handed attempts closely.
Yep.
And sometimes I think he is trying to hold off or push another opposition player in the pack.
He needs to not go up one handed most of the time.
Mason cox is not ready to contribute to the senior side
- Side By Side -
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

Water tends to cause shrinkage so the message is kids.....

Don't play with Cox in the rain.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

swoop42 wrote:Water tends to cause shrinkage so the message is kids.....

Don't play with Cox in the rain.
Or as others like to call it, 'beating the enemy' in the pouring rain
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Are they exactly the same?
Yayo_matteo

Post by Yayo_matteo »

Mason cox is not at afl level and will not magically bang in the goals that we need. It was a bold experiment but it failed. Send him home
Being at the 2010 GF victory was such a special moment.
watt price tully

Nice article on Mason Cox

Post by watt price tully »

Nice article on Mason Cox in The Age...

"...If Mason Cox does not sign a contract before October 31 he'll be deported, and resume his American life a different man......

....Craig McRae, Richmond VFL coach and the first man to really teach Cox how to use a football, said he'd "be very surprised if Mason was deported".

"We played Collingwood in the VFL last weekend and Mason was a dominant player," McRae said. "His aerial power and ability in the ruck was the difference in the game. His growth has been profound...."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/h ... xlctr.html
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 140 times

Post by stui magpie »

I like the boy.

His rate of improvement has been phenomenal and he aint finished yet.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

nothing about his contract ?
have I missed some news ?
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

stui magpie wrote:I like the boy.

His rate of improvement has been phenomenal and he aint finished yet.
Yeah, me too. He's developing really well, lot more too come.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Leggie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Leggie »

He wont go anywhere
Bring Back Tranquilli
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

My concern is that like Witts, he is mainly a first ruck who pinch hits up forward rather than the other way round.

Will he, like Witts, be better off going elsewhere to progress his career?
glasseyevfx
Been liked: 1 time

Post by glasseyevfx »

I'm for him - he's as good a target as we have. Opposition continuously push him under the ball only to find they are too short to take the mark - should be a free every time. I think criticism has been off, he should have his head and will be a great player.
Darcy has been quiet for the most part this year, Reid has been good without being great - Cox is worth it.
We shall set our course by the stars and not ships that pass in the night
35forever

Post by 35forever »

Any side which lets a 7 footer go should be disbanded as mentally deficient. Under a good coach, and with 20 or so games under his belt, he will be a star. He has already dominated a couple of VFL games, an incredible achievement for a guy still learning the rules!
We're already looking at the horror of losing Grundy (PLEASE CFC, I don't care if u hafta pay him a million a year, he's as important as anyone else on that dosh, and we would be screwed without him!)
I'm sure the club isn't quite insane enough yet to let Mason go back to Looney-land.
I think...
"If at first you dont succeed...
... oh who cares, we did it!!!!!"

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
i hate carlton
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by i hate carlton »

Outstanding work ethic and never gives up.

We need to keep him.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopi ... sc&start=0