#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

droversdog65

Post by droversdog65 »

God I get tired of every concieveable - and most inconcievable threads - being twisted into buckley hate threads.

EVERY single time a new thread is opened it's twisted and I'm just sick to friggin death of the same old sh@t going around and around from the same old people.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

MarkOSuv

Post by MarkOSuv »

Fatui Attata

Post by Fatui Attata »

MarkOSuv wrote:Bomber Thompson made some good points on 360. Said teams have to have trouble makers and players with some 'shit' in them. Said it is wrong of Buckley to assume every player is perfect off the field because a team of boring robots will never be successful.
The Sydney Swans No Dickhead Policy says HELLO!!!!
I'm not the pheasant plucker I'm the pheasant plucker's son, and I'll be plucking pheasants til the pheasant plucker comes! "Try saying that with a mouthful of peanuts!!" Lou Richards
Fatui Attata

Post by Fatui Attata »

MarkOSuv wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:Bomber Thompson made some good points on 360. Said teams have to have trouble makers and players with some 'shit' in them. Said it is wrong of Buckley to assume every player is perfect off the field because a team of boring robots will never be successful.
There's no evidence that Bucks expects every player to be perfect. He applauded Swanny for "doing it his way", though he wouldn't advise other players to follow the same path. This crap put out by Bomber Thomson and others, suggesting that Bucks is an inflexible robot, devoid of compassion and emotional understanding of different players is pure crap. Sure it fits the caricature of Bucks, but I don't buy it. It's the view put out there by jealous individuals like Bomber Thomson whose career in football was ended by his involvement in the drugs fiasco. He is one bitter and twisted individual imo.
Bomber is as relaxed as someone can possibly get. He just sold parts of land in Geelong and pocketed over $7 million. No one is doubting that Buckley has empathy devoid of compassion, he is a human and a parent after all.

The recent article by Peter Ryan on Buckley is excellent. It shows that a lot of intangible factors haven't come naturally for him and he is still learning to deal with these issues. There have always been knocks on Buckley and how he relates to footballers who aren't perfect since day 1 as a player. The recent De Goey case is a brilliant example as De Goey is wild off the field.

Jordan has a lot of talent and for some reason, in his 3rd year, he appears to be at the crossroads in his career. A range of factors including his approach offfield, the envrionment he is in and what influence Buckley has on him are all contributing factors to where he sits now.

I know Gubby through a mutual connection. At the end of last year, he sat down with every player to get a sense of the envrionment. The general view is the players don't mind Buckley but they don't love him unconditionally. That explains why some players like De Goey might be taking advantage of this dynamic.
Hey Mr School Teacher, you've picked the wrong "envrionment" (twice) to come sprout your crap. We all know you're lying, so don't give us your "dog ate my homework" (lame analogy) bullshit.

Go Pies!!
I'm not the pheasant plucker I'm the pheasant plucker's son, and I'll be plucking pheasants til the pheasant plucker comes! "Try saying that with a mouthful of peanuts!!" Lou Richards
CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

Fatui Attata wrote:
Im confused.
Are you saying Sydney might be looking for a senior coach, or they wouldn't take DeGoey?
MarkOSuv

Post by MarkOSuv »

Fatui Attata wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:
RudeBoy wrote: There's no evidence that Bucks expects every player to be perfect. He applauded Swanny for "doing it his way", though he wouldn't advise other players to follow the same path. This crap put out by Bomber Thomson and others, suggesting that Bucks is an inflexible robot, devoid of compassion and emotional understanding of different players is pure crap. Sure it fits the caricature of Bucks, but I don't buy it. It's the view put out there by jealous individuals like Bomber Thomson whose career in football was ended by his involvement in the drugs fiasco. He is one bitter and twisted individual imo.
Bomber is as relaxed as someone can possibly get. He just sold parts of land in Geelong and pocketed over $7 million. No one is doubting that Buckley has empathy devoid of compassion, he is a human and a parent after all.

The recent article by Peter Ryan on Buckley is excellent. It shows that a lot of intangible factors haven't come naturally for him and he is still learning to deal with these issues. There have always been knocks on Buckley and how he relates to footballers who aren't perfect since day 1 as a player. The recent De Goey case is a brilliant example as De Goey is wild off the field.

Jordan has a lot of talent and for some reason, in his 3rd year, he appears to be at the crossroads in his career. A range of factors including his approach offfield, the envrionment he is in and what influence Buckley has on him are all contributing factors to where he sits now.

I know Gubby through a mutual connection. At the end of last year, he sat down with every player to get a sense of the envrionment. The general view is the players don't mind Buckley but they don't love him unconditionally. That explains why some players like De Goey might be taking advantage of this dynamic.
Hey Mr School Teacher, you've picked the wrong "envrionment" (twice) to come sprout your crap. We all know you're lying, so don't give us your "dog ate my homework" (lame analogy) bullshit.

Go Pies!!
I hate autocorrect!
MarkOSuv

Post by MarkOSuv »

Fatui Attata wrote:
Do you think Sydney have a team of choir boys? Their best 2 players are the biggest dickheads off the field in the AFL.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... hvkiy.html
Sydney officials warned Dan Hannebery in December about his off-field behaviour after becoming concerned about repeated reports linked to the young All-Australian midfielder.
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

^ yes, Fatui Attata, and when a schoolteacher writes that Buckley has "empathy devoid of compassion" it says a lot about the state of modern education.
Two more flags before I die!
R_T_RUSH

Post by R_T_RUSH »

Lazza wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
There's no evidence that Bucks expects every player to be perfect. He applauded Swanny for "doing it his way", though he wouldn't advise other players to follow the same path. This crap put out by Bomber Thomson and others, suggesting that Bucks is an inflexible robot, devoid of compassion and emotional understanding of different players is pure crap. Sure it fits the caricature of Bucks, but I don't buy it. It's the view put out there by jealous individuals like Bomber Thomson whose career in football was ended by his involvement in the drugs fiasco. He is one bitter and twisted individual imo.
After I met Bomber at a local Sportsman's night fundraiser last year, he would be the very last person I would ever listen to. Read between the lines if you can but the best way I can put it is that he was most definitely not himself that night. :!:
Yep, I've read between the lines about Bomber for a while as well.
R_T_RUSH

Post by R_T_RUSH »

stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 139 times

Post by stui magpie »

Mugwump wrote:^ yes, Fatui Attata, and when a schoolteacher writes that Buckley has "empathy devoid of compassion" it says a lot about the state of modern education.
So he's a PE teacher? :P :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

Punching a bloke at anytime isn't the smartest move but doing it one week before the start of the season is just plain dumb and unprofessional.

I'm not sure what is worse de Goey punching someone when drunk or punching someone sober which he states he was apparently.

It's about time these footballers realise it's there job to be professional athletes in all areas of there life and sacrifices to there social life must be made in season.

Plenty of ordinary people do that every week by working night shifts, starting before dawn or on a weekend.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

Enough of this players have to love the coach crap. Don't think the Hawks hug Clarko too much. But because Bevo has that relationship and they win the premiership that's the only way to do it apparently...
Fatui Attata

Post by Fatui Attata »

stui magpie wrote:
Mugwump wrote:^ yes, Fatui Attata, and when a schoolteacher writes that Buckley has "empathy devoid of compassion" it says a lot about the state of modern education.
So he's a PE teacher? :P :wink:
Yep....and a Christian Brother to boot!