#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I've already fourthed. :wink:
Cam
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Cam »

lol then fifthed
Get back on top.
E

Post by E »

we really missed De Goey out there against North. Need more hard bodies.

Aish was brilliant again. take a look how many goals are scored from little touches of class. Blair's second. Pendles goal. i could go on, but i dont have any other examples......
piedys
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by piedys »

roar wrote:
piedys wrote:Well selected again Suckley; what's your next genius move?
Apart from the total lack of respect and total lack of class with that post, what selection issues do you believe caused us to lose the game?
Okay, just to clarify - I feel the coach erred in his ommission of DeGoey from the starting 22. How's that for you so far?
And if you ask me which of the elite players who somehow retained their spots this week should have been playing reserves in his place, then I cannot answer that, as my brain may implode, and that is never good. :shock:
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
piedys
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by piedys »

Keep playing him in the next four rounds?
Sounds like somebody is going to lost their spot by default so Blair can return... can't wait.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

^ Sure, Dyso, but if we could get another #5 draft pick in exchnge for him, then based on what we have seen so far, I'd certainly line up to get my money back. I hope the kid comes good, but he looks a lot less promising than Aish, Moore, or Smith at this point. Some good signs, but he's certainly flatlined vs last year.
Two more flags before I die!
Culprit
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Culprit »

The criticism is fair and in saying that I think everyone needs to take a step back and take in the whole picture. He burst onto the scene and surprised and got away from the opposition last year. This year he has been tagged by the opposition, not bad for a second year player. He has struggled with the tag and rarely gets away from his opponent and I suggest that has dented his confidence (second year blues) which has seen him make fundamental errors.
Late in the game Saturday he did some of those 1 %ers that I look for and I am sure the coaching staff are looking for as well. I think that made the light bulb in his head switch on. I am hoping he takes that into Friday's game as I can't see a player in the Tigers holding him.
Cuthbert Collingwood

Post by Cuthbert Collingwood »

C'mon, second year player in a team outside the 8...
McRae for Governor-General!
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by stui magpie »

Culprit wrote:The criticism is fair and in saying that I think everyone needs to take a step back and take in the whole picture. He burst onto the scene and surprised and got away from the opposition last year. This year he has been tagged by the opposition, not bad for a second year player. He has struggled with the tag and rarely gets away from his opponent and I suggest that has dented his confidence (second year blues) which has seen him make fundamental errors.
Late in the game Saturday he did some of those 1 %ers that I look for and I am sure the coaching staff are looking for as well. I think that made the light bulb in his head switch on. I am hoping he takes that into Friday's game as I can't see a player in the Tigers holding him.
Good stuff. Agree with that.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

I think De Goey will click when he finds his role within the team. I don't think that will be as a mid, but rather as a roving flanker working off half back to half forward. He is the type of player who is capable of creating something out of nothing and so his work rate shouldn't be measured in terms of stats but rather out of the opportunities he creates for the rest of the team. I actually didn't think he was too bad against WC. He will get under the guard of other teams who don't consider him a threat and be a match winner like he was at TAC, but first he has to believe in his own potential and that will take time.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Darkstranger wrote:For a number 5 he has gone backwards from last year and overall very underwhelming.
Are you getting your information from the great Caroline Wilson and Matthew Lloyd these days? Maybe from other notorious Collingwood haters/bashers?
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
BBHS
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by BBHS »

I generally agree but when you look at the numbers he has improved in every area other than tackling.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Culprit wrote:The criticism is fair and in saying that I think everyone needs to take a step back and take in the whole picture. He burst onto the scene and surprised and got away from the opposition last year. This year he has been tagged by the opposition, not bad for a second year player. He has struggled with the tag and rarely gets away from his opponent and I suggest that has dented his confidence (second year blues) which has seen him make fundamental errors.
Yep this. Kid will be fine.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

He is involved in us getting goals every week with lightning fast handballs out of packs. I think he's tracking nicely. Will be a gun.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

He was very solid against the Wiggles.

His involvements in the game are generally positive. Some of the guys we have imported from other Clubs who seem to have been taught to do a ring-a-rosey with handballs would do well to observe the difference between one handball (or tap) through traffic to advantage on your team's goal-side of the pack and 12 handballs in a circle backwards and sideways.

De Goey's football is great when he gets his head down and works really hard. His problems this season have, IMRO, been occasioned by him getting a little ahead of himself. He could probably be a Pendlebury or Sidebottom, if he keeps working, but he isn't, yet.