#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

leonmagic

Post by leonmagic »

can't believe anyone would start this thread. kicks 1+ goals every week and the experience and knowledge he's getting week to week is absolutely priceless.

we're not making the 8, so play him every week, get another pre-season into him and watch him in 2017.

as a few have said, he'll be best for us as a full forward who spends about 5mins in the ruck each quarter to relieve grundy. and as others have said (basically anyone with half a brain), we need a small crumbed at his feet as much as possible. he MAKES things happen at every contest. of course there will be times when he's dreadfully out of position, you couldn't not expect that from someone who's still learning the game.
piedys
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by piedys »

HAL wrote:Chat amongst yourselves.
Translated: abuse the shit out of each other by childish name calling.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
piedys

Post by piedys »

E wrote:I'll never forget going to the 2002 Grand Final in a bar in NY and having this pretty young kiwi lass asking me if I was the infamous OP. she was NYpie or something like that. She is still to this day the most knowledgeable Kiwi football fan i've ever met.
Football-schmootball. Did you nail her later, or what? Get to the point FFS!
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by What'sinaname »

piedys wrote:
E wrote:I'll never forget going to the 2002 Grand Final in a bar in NY and having this pretty young kiwi lass asking me if I was the infamous OP. she was NYpie or something like that. She is still to this day the most knowledgeable Kiwi football fan i've ever met.
She told him to stop by later that evening and opened the backdoor. So E came in it.
piedys

Post by piedys »

What'sinaname wrote:
piedys wrote:
She told him to stop by later that evening and opened the backdoor. So E came in it.
Ah, Kiwi chicks eh. Hope she didn't instruct him to come over at six for sex, you literally wouldn't understand what she was trying to say...
Dr Pie

Post by Dr Pie »

woodys_world69 wrote:we ran with 3 talls. but didnt use them affectively.
We cant have 3 tall forwards at once.
1 should of been always resting on the bench to really hit gawn and make him chase us!

But we didnt have the ball enough.
Are you serious that we can't have three tall forwards at once? We won the only Premiership that we won in the last 25 years with three tall forwards. Remember? Cloke, Dawes and Leroy Brown.
Born and raised in Black and White
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

So long as the 3 talls are the right mix...
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

MagpieBat wrote:So long as the 3 talls are the right mix...
And/or they've had the opportunity to gel
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

Dr Pie wrote:
1 should of been always resting on the bench to really hit gawn and make him chase us!

Are you serious that we can't have three tall forwards at once? We won the only Premiership that we won in the last 25 years with three tall forwards. Remember? Cloke, Dawes and Leroy Brown.
You are comparing apples to oranges. Cloke, Dawes and Brown are short and mobile compared to the current 3.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Dr Pie wrote:

I think they were a little more mobile than Cox, Witts and Grundy.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Dr Pie

Post by Dr Pie »

3rd degree wrote:
Dr Pie wrote:

Witts is not a forward, he is a ruckman who struggles to play any other role. Our three tall forwards on Monday were Cox, White and Grundy. If everyone was fit and in form our three tall forwards would be Cloke, Moore and Cox and I suggest that would be comparable with Cloke, Dawes and Brown. It might even be better because Moore is going to be a better player than Dawes and while Cox is not as mobile as Brown was, he is already a better kick and I expect his kicking to get even better as he gets more experience.
Born and raised in Black and White
piedys

Post by piedys »

3rd degree wrote: I think they were a little more mobile than Cox, Witts and Grundy.
HMHS Titanic, Brittanic and the Queen Mary were all a little more mobile than Cox, Witts and Grundy, and with smoother turning circles...
E

Post by E »

Dr Pie wrote:
3rd degree wrote:
Dr Pie wrote: Are you serious that we can't have three tall forwards at once? We won the only Premiership that we won in the last 25 years with three tall forwards. Remember? Cloke, Dawes and Leroy Brown.

Witts is not a forward, he is a ruckman who struggles to play any other role. Our three tall forwards on Monday were Cox, White and Grundy. If everyone was fit and in form our three tall forwards would be Cloke, Moore and Cox and I suggest that would be comparable with Cloke, Dawes and Brown. It might even be better because Moore is going to be a better player than Dawes and while Cox is not as mobile as Brown was, he is already a better kick and I expect his kicking to get even better as he gets more experience.
i agree with this. The problem is that Cloke isnt going to be around for very long (and he is a shadow of the 2010 Cloke you compared him to) so i'm not sure if we are better. I also dont know for how long we can assume that our best forward line is Moore, Cloke and Cox. I think the future might be: Moore, Faz, Howe and Cox. As the fourth option, Cox is ok because he is always going to pluck 1 oir 2 big grabs a game when its delivered in such a way that he cant be defended.
Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

Funkadelic wrote:Great stuff crackerjack!
"Most of all he needs the funk,
Help him find the funk"
We need our funk back!
Not many situations in life where a little PFunk doesn't help
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

3rd degree wrote:
Dr Pie wrote:

Yes they were but interestingly enough it worked in the first quarter Monday, 2.4 to 4.4 when the midfield was on top. Even Witts managed a F50 mark (missed the set shot but that's another story). And the 3 tall forwards were Cox, White and Witts or Grundy and I'd argue that White is more mobile than all of Cloke, Dawes and Brown. Keep saying, get the midfield right, everything else falls into place.