#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

King Monkey
Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

Post by King Monkey »

Despite both missing deadset sitters, Cox & White were far from our worst today. Both competed well when called upon.
Hard to affect a game as a forward when the midfield performs like they did today.
"I am a great sage, equal of heaven.
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

piedys wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
Funkadelic wrote:E don't call Dyso a moron, guys a legend around here.
I second that. Dyso is a club legend, not just a forum legend. Dyso could coach this team better and I for one am prepared to back Dyso for interim coach until he can find the time in his schedule to take the role full time.
Thanks Monco Matt, but you'd be caretaker coach from about round 6 2017, after these flogs give me a nervous breakdown.
I'd be in the looney ward in a straight jacket... twitching, mumbling, dribbling, ... another goal out the back... another joe-the-goose goal.... where were the defenders?... where were the defenders?...
Joe the goose!

Joe the goose!

Joe the goose!

Joe the goose

Joe the goose!

That's it, Crackerjack, you have finally lost your mind!

(Queue soft orchestral sounds slowly getting louder and louder...)
Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

In fact, lets lighten the mood a little with some George Clinton genius....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F7xbF7OnxU
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

Yes experiment over. Let him grow in confidence in particular with marking.
He also needs to develop some body positioning nouse for the contest.
no second chances
RudeBoy
Been liked: 134 times

Post by RudeBoy »

5150 wrote:Seems a bit cooked. Hopefully bye will help.
White and Witts out and Cloke and Aish in
White was one of our best imo. I still think Aish is not ready and is a bit slow for AFL. Witts should be put on the trade table now. If Cloke plays a good game in the VFL next week, then he should be brought back into the seniors.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

RudeBoy wrote:
5150 wrote:Seems a bit cooked. Hopefully bye will help.
White and Witts out and Cloke and Aish in
White was one of our best imo. I still think Aish is not ready and is a bit slow for AFL. Witts should be put on the trade table now. If Cloke plays a good game in the VFL next week, then he should be brought back into the seniors.
vfl has a bye next week too.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Cox clearly has potential, but he needs to take those marks that he missed today. However, his impact was limited by the total failure of our midfield to impact the game, and deliver to him.
Cox makes clever decisions to tap the ball downwards, but we had literally no one capable in our forward line today to take advantage at ground level. Cox's were simply seized by Melbourne defenders.
We were far too slow, hindered by our massively inflated big man to smaller player ratio.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Look, two short years ago, the big Texan had barely heard of our game, jeeesus, give the guy some kudos, hes done a great job. True, he is a work in progress, and he did have a bit of ordinary game today, but he tries hard, provides a giant target, and if our crummers crumbed him itd be a whole lot better. Jeez, hes played only several games, and has given his all, ease up a bit on him, for chrissakes.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Joke of a post - let's get rid of this junk
piedys
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by piedys »

Piesnchess wrote:Look, two short years ago, the big Texan had barely heard of our game, jeeesus, give the guy some kudos, hes done a great job. True, he is a work in progress, and he did have a bit of ordinary game today, but he tries hard, provides a giant target, and if our crummers crumbed him itd be a whole lot better. Jeez, hes played only several games, and has given his all, ease up a bit on him, for chrissakes.
Don't think anybody is having a crack at Mason as such.
But there is a certain blonk in the coaches box who can't set up around his presence. This person needs to find employment elsewhere, and soon.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Bucks2014

Post by Bucks2014 »

He missed that goal because he rushed his routine. Mason obviously new time was getting away. Keeps playing for mine, delivery to him was pretty horrendous at times.

I know your not a fan OP, but in a year of real disappointment he has been a positive.
"Still waiting for your call Caroline ... not a quote in sight. Don't ever presume to speak on Collingwood's behalf,"
Harvey

Post by Harvey »

Season's over so we might as well play him in the seniors as much as possible even if we don't end up winning. Getting experience into our future best 22 should be the key priority now.

There's nothing he can learn in the VFL that he can't learn in the AFL.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

He missed a goal, wow, Travis Cloke misses those on a regular basis - and this would have hardly shifted the momentum of the game.
Darkstranger

Post by Darkstranger »

Maybe a guy who is 212 cm can take a mark at the highest point should be used as a ruckman?
There is Collingwood and then the rest.
woodys_world69
Been liked: 32 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

we ran with 3 talls. but didnt use them affectively.
We cant have 3 tall forwards at once.
1 should of been always resting on the bench to really hit gawn and make him chase us!

But we didnt have the ball enough.