#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Redlight

Post by Redlight »

Dave The Man wrote:
ronrat wrote:BT is not a fan. Bagging him every opportunity. Yet hi love child Stringer isn't carving us either. Flog.
Can't Stand Listening to BT
I'm sure BT is offended by the idea that an upstart can learn the fine art of being a key forward in not much time at all. It makes him less special.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

I don't think todays conditions suited him that well, but he tried hard and never gave up, he dropped a couple of marks and will learn from that, he is still a work in progress, but he has a great heart.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
1892_

Post by 1892_ »

Didn't have a huge game when we had the ball, but he saved at least a few WB goals/forward 50 entries with some nice defensive spoils and pressure.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

The issue with Mason against the Dogs was that he didn't play out of the goal square enough where he can be dangerous.When he plays up ground sides like the dogs will easily run off him.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Jezza
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 323 times

Post by Jezza »

Didn't have a great game against the Dogs, but he's worth persisting with especially in light of the injuries to Moore and Fasolo up forward.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
E

are we done with the cox experiment now!

Post by E »

it was novel. three involvements a game just isn't enough.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Why? If we had half a brain we'd be crumbling him front and centre. He's rarely beaten, but no one seems to understand what front and centre is.
Est. 2002
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

he's alright and is a straighter kick than cloke will ever be. need to crumb him and give him chances out in front. doesn't help when we keep screwing up all the time.
E

Post by E »

Raw Hammer wrote:Why? If we had half a brain we'd be crumbling him front and centre. He's rarely beaten, but no one seems to understand what front and centre is.
if he was the caliber of Travis Cloke I would agree with you. however, in the case of cox, he rarely gets the ball down as he is usually out of position.

Not only is he a beginner, but he is clearly out on his feet. Time for him to work on his craft in the twos. Over delivered on my expectations of him, but this is AFL.
E

Post by E »

WarrenerraW wrote:he's alright and is a straighter kick than cloke will ever be. need to crumb him and give him chances out in front. doesn't help when we keep screwing up all the time.

hmmmm, do I prefer 1 goal and no behinds from one mark and 1 kick. Or would I rather 2-4 from 6 marks and 16 disposals (as well as countless times where the ball comes down to the crumbers in a predictable fashion.
piedys
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by piedys »

Raw Hammer wrote:Why? If we had half a brain we'd be crumbling him front and centre. He's rarely beaten, but no one seems to understand what front and centre is.
Blair and the coach certainly don't seem to...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
E

Post by E »

piedys wrote:
coach put pendles forward to crumb forward today. weren't you watching. Balls just stopped getting dropped down. no Collingwood forward but White has gotten to a contest since quarter time.

Post by 5150 »

Seems a bit cooked. Hopefully bye will help.
White and Witts out and Cloke and Aish in
piedys
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by piedys »

E wrote:
piedys wrote:
coach put pendles forward to crumb forward today. weren't you watching. Balls just stopped getting dropped down. no Collingwood forward but White has gotten to a contest since quarter time.
Was I watching? No, turned it off at half time actually. Sickened. Again.
So Pendles down forward eh? F*cking great, not like we need him on the ball or anything stupid like that.
But i know - let's drop Cloke again, eh Bucks! Muppet.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
E

Post by E »

BT is reading this Site. hi BT. please acknowledge that you just took my point on your telecast.....