#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Perspective re Moore. At 19-20 he cops the best talk defender.
Est. 2002
yin-YANG

Post by yin-YANG »

Love us or Hate us... we are Collingwood - you can't ignore the Mighty Magpies!!!
King Monkey
Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

Post by King Monkey »

The big fella has done far better than I expected in his first few games so far.

When you think about it, he may have a bit of an advantage over some others in the sense he hadn't learnt bad habits from poor coaches over the years - he's basically a 6' 11" athletic blank canvas to work with.

His output so far has been extraordinary for a bloke that never knew a Sherrin existed 2 years ago'n
"I am a great sage, equal of heaven.
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

Bob Sugar wrote:Serious question here, if Mason was to enter this years draft what number would he go? IMO top 10 surely.
Probably top one, I think. There is a major, major question about Mason - how much improvement is in him ? It is such an unusual development journey that it could be anything from zero, to a lot. If it is a lot, and it looks that way, then something very big indeed may be happening, as he could be nearly unstoppable if he starts to hold most of the marks he gets his hands on. One of the interesting things about the guy is that his height is not mainly in his legs, so he has good stability and balance for a 7-footer. He is a bit of a unique property.[/i]
Two more flags before I die!
neil
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by neil »

Wow he is far past what I expected
Cloke maybe shiting himself or at least his family will be
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Pies4shaw wrote:No, I don't hate Moore at all. He's just being gifted games, in my opinion, and I don't like to see that. In the last two weeks, the team has been absolutely on fire and he's had a total of 11 kicks and kicked 2 goals. He looks an outstanding prospect but he just doesn't get enough of the ball. Maybe he will next week against the Welfare's backline full of half-back flankers, since he did last time but I'd prefer him to earn the games. His most impressive game this season was probably his Carlton outing but, even in that one, he didn't actually have a kick in the first half and then came home with a wettish sail.
I thought he at least got his work rate up this week, ran hard. That'd been missing much of the season to date yet was 1 of the trademarks of his game last year as he seemed obsessed with taking speccies.
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by stui magpie »

Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

neil wrote:Wow he is far past what I expected
Cloke maybe shiting himself or at least his family will be
re cloke, wouldn't have thought so on either count.
looked ok tonight. kicked well in front of goals.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

THE LONE STAR STATE OF TEXAS, has produced two wonderful people, one was the late and great Buddy Holly, and the other is the big massive unit, Mason Cox. What a ripper this guy is gonna be, reminds me of paul salmon, will be a real gun in the near future.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 323 times

Post by Jezza »

I never thought he would be this good but he's been a massive success considering he was seen as a long-term project.

I suspect that many thought recruiting him would head down a similar path to Shae McNamara but he's surprised everyone with his resilience, determination and his ability to understand and adapt to the game as quick as he has.

That last goal was a moment of heaven for him and the club today!

🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Flashman wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:No, I don't hate Moore at all. He's just being gifted games, in my opinion, and I don't like to see that. In the last two weeks, the team has been absolutely on fire and he's had a total of 11 kicks and kicked 2 goals. He looks an outstanding prospect but he just doesn't get enough of the ball. Maybe he will next week against the Welfare's backline full of half-back flankers, since he did last time but I'd prefer him to earn the games. His most impressive game this season was probably his Carlton outing but, even in that one, he didn't actually have a kick in the first half and then came home with a wettish sail.
Do you reckon Cloke would've kicked that clutch final quarter goal?

My guess is no if his past history is any indication.

Moore is raw but is too good and too important to be running around in the VFL. It's counter productive for him, us and our/his development.

Personally I'm loving watching our no frills forward line that doesn't live or die on the output of a single "big name" forward as it has done for the past 5 years. Moore is a cog along with White, Fasolo, Cox, Crocker, Blair and we've looked far more dangerous for it.

There is still a place for Cloke when in form for sure but not at Darcy , Cox or White's expense while it is functioning so well at present.
So we look more dangerous with Darcy Moore getting a handful of possessions and missing from 15m out directly in front than Cloke getting 3 times as many touches, marks and kicking more goals even with the odd miss from directly in front?

Yeah, that makes sense...
35forever

Post by 35forever »

"If at first you dont succeed...
... oh who cares, we did it!!!!!"

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
E

Post by E »

HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

John Wren

Post by John Wren »

his goal in the last quarter reminded me of a giraffe going for a gallop or harry madden's running goal. must admit i had my heart in my mouth for a moment.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Z7bLe37aX3k
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.