#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Cam
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Cam »

He influences every contest when the ball is near.
Get back on top.
35forever

Post by 35forever »

"If at first you dont succeed...
... oh who cares, we did it!!!!!"

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Culprit
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Culprit »

Played on one of the best and performed. I have been holding back and in saying that a guy who has barely played 2 years shows heaps. The thing I like is the opposition try to get into his head but his basketball background has him coping easily with that crap. I love big COX.
Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

His first handful of games have surpassed Moore's fist handful, and Moore was rated as a first round pick.

Speaks volumes
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 162 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Yes - about both of them, in my view.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Yeah the bounce goal was great. But the contested grab to get his first goal was as good as you would ever see. He hit that pack at full speed and he is a genuine one grabber. @masoncoxsixeleven is a gun.
Last edited by Damien on Sat May 21, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Skids »

I like him, I like him a lot.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

Pies4shaw wrote:Yes - about both of them, in my view.
That comment is harsh on Moore, very harsh
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

I'm sure the big Cox will enjoy his pussy victory tonight!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

Pies4shaw wrote:Yes - about both of them, in my view.
You seem to hate Darcy for some reason. What he do, f&@k your missus or something. Give the kid a break.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 162 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

No, I don't hate Moore at all. He's just being gifted games, in my opinion, and I don't like to see that. In the last two weeks, the team has been absolutely on fire and he's had a total of 11 kicks and kicked 2 goals. He looks an outstanding prospect but he just doesn't get enough of the ball. Maybe he will next week against the Welfare's backline full of half-back flankers, since he did last time but I'd prefer him to earn the games. His most impressive game this season was probably his Carlton outing but, even in that one, he didn't actually have a kick in the first half and then came home with a wettish sail.
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

You did get two words right. Moore is gifted. He just needs maturity, a bit more condition and game time. He has a real feel for the game and playing him at AFL level will enhance his development.

Cox has been very good so far and he has certainly exceeded my expectations. I hope we are back at the MCG at some point celebrating his 100th game
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Serious question here, if Mason was to enter this years draft what number would he go? IMO top 10 surely.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Flashman

Post by Flashman »

Pies4shaw wrote:No, I don't hate Moore at all. He's just being gifted games, in my opinion, and I don't like to see that. In the last two weeks, the team has been absolutely on fire and he's had a total of 11 kicks and kicked 2 goals. He looks an outstanding prospect but he just doesn't get enough of the ball. Maybe he will next week against the Welfare's backline full of half-back flankers, since he did last time but I'd prefer him to earn the games. His most impressive game this season was probably his Carlton outing but, even in that one, he didn't actually have a kick in the first half and then came home with a wettish sail.
Do you reckon Cloke would've kicked that clutch final quarter goal?

My guess is no if his past history is any indication.

Moore is raw but is too good and too important to be running around in the VFL. It's counter productive for him, us and our/his development.

Personally I'm loving watching our no frills forward line that doesn't live or die on the output of a single "big name" forward as it has done for the past 5 years. Moore is a cog along with White, Fasolo, Cox, Crocker, Blair and we've looked far more dangerous for it.

There is still a place for Cloke when in form for sure but not at Darcy , Cox or White's expense while it is functioning so well at present.
London Dave

Post by London Dave »

Damien wrote: and he is a genuine one grabber.
Dunno if I'd go that far just yet, but for a bloke who has only been playing a couple of years, his reading of the game is extraordinary. not a 'where the ball ain't' type as Jack Dyer would say!

I hope the stickies will develop over time. Cox is a big bonus this year.