#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 186 times

Re: Mason Cox appreciation thread

Post by Presti35 »

Bob Sugar wrote:Damn he's exciting
Sure is.

I must admit, I didn't know if he was going to get a game after Shae McNamara who I thought looked close a couple of times.

Got a heart as big as Texas I say.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Krakouer Magic

Post by Krakouer Magic »

After the nab challenge it was obvious Cox was in our best 22. Strange it took till Anzac Day to play him.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

He's gonna get targeted now though, expect to see some cheap shots, not sure it'll worry him though, to go from basketball to full forward for Collingwood takes some massive balls, and I think that's why he's so dangerous; he doesn't give a ****!!!

What I've noticed, when he gets a run at it he dominates the contest, but I don't think his height has anything to do with his positioning, which is scary, if I had to guess I'd say he was almost elite at rebounds in basketball, he has a knack for reading the play.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Jez07 wrote:He is the closest thing we've had to Leigh Brown since he retired.
Yep, a 6 ft 10 full forward who's an accurate set shot at goal.. the Leigh Brown role if I ever saw one. Kudos to you though, you managed a post without shit canning the coach or club. That should be applauded :shock: :lol:
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

He plays short too. Can't wait for him to start jumping at marks without the hunch.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
didick
Been liked: 1 time

Post by didick »

Seems to time the centre bounces much better than Grundy. That was my one negative for the night; Grundy's timing. Pretty woeful.
"The night is a very dark time for me" Chaz Michael Michaels
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

didick wrote:Seems to time the centre bounces much better than Grundy. That was my one negative for the night; Grundy's timing. Pretty woeful.
Jumps at the ruck contest like Anthony Rocca. I wonder if there could be a reason for that?
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Happy to see that you've written a positive post. Bob. Makes for a much more pleasant Sunday morning. I went to the game BTW and he is going to be a star.No doubt in my mind. I like the fact that not only is he a BIG sucker,he can run and tackle and he DOES!!!
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Bob Sugar wrote:He's gonna get targeted now though, expect to see some cheap shots, not sure it'll worry him though, to go from basketball to full forward for Collingwood takes some massive balls, and I think that's why he's so dangerous; he doesn't give a ****!!!

What I've noticed, when he gets a run at it he dominates the contest, but I don't think his height has anything to do with his positioning, which is scary, if I had to guess I'd say he was almost elite at rebounds in basketball, he has a knack for reading the play.
Last night ,after he took the juggling mark and played on and goaled,he was sniped by Merrett with a n after his kick cheap shot and should have got another kick.It will take a good one to hurt him I think.
didick
Been liked: 1 time

Post by didick »

He had the strut and swagger last night too. He clunked a mark and Merrett slid off him. Was hilarious seeing Coxy give him a glare when he was getting up off the ground. He'll be a monster when he gets more games and more confidence.

Wonder how many COX 27 jerseys will be sold. I'm tempted.
"The night is a very dark time for me" Chaz Michael Michaels
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by stui magpie »

He has got a touch of mongrel in him the big boy, and I like it.

He's not going to start cheap shotting players but he's not going to be intimidated and will stand up and get into it. He got in Nic nats face early in the Wiggles game after something he didn't like, Nic Nat backed off looking a tad surprised.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Raw Hammer
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Some of you guys are acting surprised at his 'swagger'. He's an American. He ain't gonna be intimidated by some bogan on the footy field, not when he's a giant. He's not a kid. He's been around the block. He and Moore have got the right stuff. When Moore decked that twerp after a goal of ours, resulting in a centre square free? Magic. Brought a tear to my eye.
Est. 2002
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

Any news on his hand?
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
think better
Been liked: 37 times

Post by think better »

Rising Star nomination ?????
I think therefore I think - I think
mandy

Post by mandy »

think better wrote:Rising Star nomination ?????
If he was 4 years younger.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE