#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

fair call we were pretty happy for him!
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
piedys
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by piedys »

stui magpie wrote:Lucky the Truth was tabloid size.

You could read Heartbalm 1 handed. :oops:
Yep, Heartbalm and the page-3 bimbo nursed me through my awkward teenage years in the 80s. Closing the door behind you brought in a whole new perspective... :o
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

stui magpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
stui magpie wrote: Definitely the story, one of those feel good ones.

Statistically he did no better than either Witts or Grundy have done in the same role but in his first game and a big win when we'd been crying out for a win, he showed that most horrible word, potential.

Give him 10 games and when he hasn't gone from showing potential to turning into Paul Salmon reincarnated you'll have people howling for his head and calling him a failure and a dud.
:roll:
No, I doubt it. Moore's played 14 games, so far, all but one of which have been less impressive than Cox's and Moore is still The Anointed One. So, I think it takes a bit longer than 10 weeks, although Mason might get a bit less leeway than Moore if you factor in the extent of general anti-American sentiment and the absence of a famous father. He's probably right until (when/if) The Weed Mk III kicks 5 goals for Melbourne.
Dude, we're Collingwood. We supporters live for the glimpse of potential and what it may bring so we idolise players like Kink who can turn it on for a quarter then do nothing for a month
Sounds like Blair.

The incredible Oompa.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

I demand to know where the poster E is? He predicted that Cox wouldn't ever play a senior game because Americans cant kick or something like that..... :roll:
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

John Wren wrote:i don't expect to see cloke at afl level for a few weeks. perhaps target the geelong game for a return.
He'll get in before then, I reckon. I doubt he'll miss more than 3 games, and more likely just the 2. Injuries will probably force the issue.
kill for collingwood!
Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

Lazza wrote:I demand to know where the poster E is? He predicted that Cox wouldn't ever play a senior game because Americans cant kick or something like that..... :roll:
Never made a bad call on Nicks Lazza?

BTW, hows the campaign against Halal certification going?
Dangles

Post by Dangles »

There's an article on the AFL website about every club's ruckman and back up ruckmen. Cox gets a mention and a pic: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-27/t ... ckmen-rate
Mossi
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Mossi »

Lazza wrote:I demand to know where the poster E is? He predicted that Cox wouldn't ever play a senior game because Americans cant kick or something like that..... :roll:
:lol: Lazza you have a good memory. I remember E expressing a view along those lines. Generally I agree with a lot of his posts but as we see is slightly off on our big Cox! I think Mason has surprised many skeptics in the last year! And his development, being so rapid, has shocked even the most hardened footy supporters. You can't help but be excited at what he will bring to the table from now. He just didn't make a mistake!! I just loved that knock on to Steel and some physicality he is showing in contests those second and third efforts just the tonic we need. They seem so instinctive something that usually comes from having played the game at an early age. If this bloke hangs on to a few more marks we are in for some joyous times!!
Robbie

Coxy is a breath of Fresh Air for us all.

Post by Robbie »

When anyone imagines the dedication Mason Cox has displayed to achieve all he has can only admire him. The effort he makes to get to every contest in his area is an example to everyone and a favourite of the Magpie Army. I believe Brodie will be able to improve his output with the knowledge and example of Coxy with his enthusiasm and "never give up attitude" that gives confidence to all.
Happiness is being a Collingwood Football Club Member! Euphoria is watching the Pies win the Premiership!
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Don't want to get too carried away but there's something a little bit exciting about the big fella. He'll get sterner tests than on Monday but he's a rapid learner and I can see him causing major headaches for opposition coaches before long.
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

I reckon there has been a bit of protection shown to the big boy by playing him forward but his stats as a tap ruckman are scary. He will beat most starting ruckmen in the tap outs right now.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Dave The Man
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Dave The Man »

swoop42 wrote:I said last year it wouldn't surprise me if Cox was our best tap ruckman before this season is out and nothing so far will make me change that view.

Importantly though I think he projects as being our most capable ruck forward and this will allow us to play him and Grundy together.

He's only going to get better.
Cox might be the Best Tap Ruckman because of his Height but gets lost in the Midfield after the Ruck Contest
I am Da Man
HAL

Post by HAL »

Is this really the last one?
E

The USA is the Greatest Country in the World (a Cox thread)

Post by E »

Seriously, how f'n great is the United states when a mediocre athlete (by US standards) comes to our country and becomes the dominant force at the highest level of our most important sport within 2 years.

Could you imagine how dominant the best athletes in the United States would be at Aussie Rules if there was enough money in the sport to get them to try AFL?

More Cox please!
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

Sidebottom note, anyone have a link to any Yankee articles on Cox and his debut?
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.