#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

John Wren wrote:he won the amzac day medal. that's the end of him.
The kiss of death. Don't want him going the way of McGough and Seeds.
Well done boys!
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

Presti35 wrote:Bring back Shae Mac!
no thanks. he is a snake-oil salesman these days.
Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Looks like he Comes in for Cloke for Anzac Day
I am Da Man
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Coxy's debut undersold on Nicks

Post by Damien »

I reckon the reaction to big Coxy's debut has been a bit underwhelming on this board compared to the footy world at large. It's probably cos weve been aware of this day coming for a long time but I reckon what he achieved just to get there yesterday is bloody amazing. Let alone how he performed. When you watch his actual highlights package he did some bloody impressive stuff. His little tap to Steele which you got a better view of from the reverse angle was brilliant. When you watch the way he kicked at the combine 2 years ago compared to now it's amazing. I reckon his tap work in the ruck is as good as anyone's. And as far as further improvement goes the sky could be the limit. Can't wait to see him go against Nic Nat in the ruck this week.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 162 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I don't think so. There are about 17 threads about shooting Cloke and disembowelling Witts on the back of the best 6 kick, 1 goal debut by a KPF in the history of football. So I would say he's got about due recognition.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

it's a good news story under bucks' reign, that's why.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

The story of him making it into the seniors is bigger than the story of how he performed. He was ok and certainly did some nice things, but this was the easiest game to debut in this year.
Well done boys!
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Amazing effort for a first gamer playing one of the hardest positions on the ground and coming from a player who had never heard of Aussie rules football two years ago. Just don't expect that effort every week. Would like to see Cox lining up with Cloke next to him, but indications are we won't see that against WCE.
Dangles

Post by Dangles »

Damien

Post by Damien »

I don't think we'll see it this week cos to bring Trav back in on the back of his average VFL performance (albeit with limited opportunity) would defeat the purpose of dropping him on the first place. I'd love him to show something this week and have him back in for the Carlton game alongside Cox and Moore. That would test their backline big time.
The Herald - 1930
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

^^^ The purpose of dropping Cloke was ... what? Just remind me again.

As for Carlton, a slow-moving gibbon would test their backline, so we should be OK without a champion CHF.
Damien

Post by Damien »

I assume it was to send him a message that he needs to earn his massive salary and get him some confidence back. What would you say was the reason Einstein?
Last edited by Damien on Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Herald - 1930
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

i don't expect to see cloke at afl level for a few weeks. perhaps target the geelong game for a return.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

I have no idea. It didn't make sense when it happened and it still makes no sense.
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by stui magpie »

AN_Inkling wrote:The story of him making it into the seniors is bigger than the story of how he performed. He was ok and certainly did some nice things, but this was the easiest game to debut in this year.
Definitely the story, one of those feel good ones.

Statistically he did no better than either Witts or Grundy have done in the same role but in his first game and a big win when we'd been crying out for a win, he showed that most horrible word, potential.

Give him 10 games and when he hasn't gone from showing potential to turning into Paul Salmon reincarnated you'll have people howling for his head and calling him a failure and a dud.
:roll:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.