#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by stui magpie »

1892_ wrote:
mattys123 wrote:What's the line set at?

About 8 possessions, 1 goal and 25 hitouts seems about right.

Anything under and unleash, but I reckon he'll cover that.
I think that's a fair expectation, although I'd settle for a strong presence up forward with a goal or 2 being more a bonus.
TBH I'd settle for 1 goal, 2 goal assists, crashing packs in the forward line bringing the ball to ground and a win.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

spud = delist
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

Bux is finally going to pull him out and expose big cox the world on Monday. It's going to be hard for him but you have to admit, it's been long overdue.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 162 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

1892_ wrote:

I think that's a fair expectation, although I'd settle for a strong presence up forward with a goal or 2 being more a bonus.
He had 7 disposals in his VFL last outing, so let's hope we aren't over-egging the pudding here.
Presti35
Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by Presti35 »

Bring back Shae Mac!
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Cam
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Cam »

Pies4shaw wrote:
1892_ wrote:

He had 7 disposals in his VFL last outing, so let's hope we aren't over-egging the pudding here.
and 51 hit outs.. when was the last time we had a ruckman that did that? And 36 the week before.
Get back on top.
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

john b wrote:He'd want to get atleast five goals, 40 hit outs and 30 possessions.
Yeah but he was shit in the other three quarters, wasn't he ?
Two more flags before I die!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Mugwump wrote:
john b wrote:He'd want to get atleast five goals, 40 hit outs and 30 possessions.
Yeah but he was shit in the other three quarters, wasn't he ?
:lol:
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
neil
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by neil »

WTF did the coach play him?
Always plays his favorites
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

Big Cox. I'm just waiting for Bruce to roll that off his tongue with gusto again.
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

Bruce will need to sit in a room by himself while cox lines one up and sqeezes it through
no second chances
piedys
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by piedys »

John Wren wrote:he won the amzac day medal. that's the end of him.
Yep, just ask McGough and Seedsman!
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
piedys
Has liked: 353 times

Post by piedys »

simon tonna wrote:Bruce will need to sit in a room by himself while cox lines one up and sqeezes it through
Delicious!!!
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
35forever

Post by 35forever »

Oh Brooth is gonna love it!
"Yes, Essendon has big Daniher up forward, but Collingwood have big Cox!!!

Actually I don't believe Cox will be able to do very much, not with Cloke there making sure we can't kick straight. Besides, he should've played Round1, 2 at worst. There was fear in the other sides after our NAB performances, suddenly Collingwood have this triple tall Forward line, can kick 11.1 in a quarter. The footy world was taking notice, and after we knocked off THE three teams expected to improve most this year, there was a lot of talk.
Then came Robbo's slander & Buckley's total mishandling of it. Plus his total screw-ups in selections. Now I think it's too late. The side has zero confidence and every other side thinks they can beat us.
I can't imagine what could get us playing like we know we can, maybe if Josh Smith played a blinder and Coxy got 4 in our huge percentage boost win over Essen-something, but I'm willing to bet Smith won't get a run unless there's at least one last minute injury, (Then again, we already have the longest injury list...again,).

And believe me, without any doubt we CAN beat any side, if we had the kind of confidence we had in the first half of the last two seasons. Yes, we've been abysmal, but that's totally down to confidence. Change that and we could do anything. This is not a dud side that needs rebuilding (again). We were 4th halfway through the last 2 seasons, and then lost our confidence totally. We know what happened last year, we were a goal away from beating the undefeated Freo, and were 9 points up in the last against the eventual Premiers, but our 2 Goals 9 in the 3rd stuffed us, and then our failure to follow Swanny's awesome goal in the last finished us.
I believe the problem in 2014 was Maxy retiring on top of all the other much loved players departing. The day after Maxy retired we lost to Footscray for the first time in years, when they were absolute crap.

But the real problem both years, and the reason why playing Cox is too little too late, is that we don't have someone who can put the confidence back in the side. MM was good at that, I think Bomber could do it in short order, and the name Leigh Tudor (suggested by someone in another post) interests me greatly. But under Bucks it won't happen, if we're really lucky the players might do it themselves, but our most inspirational players are out, especially Swanny. Perhaps if Moore & Cox kick 8 between them, and Cloke is a late out...

If on the other hand we were to go down to the glorified VFL side on Anzac day then...

...There's always next year!
"If at first you dont succeed...
... oh who cares, we did it!!!!!"

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
think positive
Has liked: 319 times

Post by think positive »

OMG, please, we have the perfect ruckman, Blair is the perfect ruckman. And cox needs an arc, he is so big, and man when he fires, it's just straight, long, deep, play him in defence, to accurate for a forward
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!