#38 Jeremy Howe

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

No, magpieazza, according to our Club it has traded 32 and Kennedy to Melbourne for Howe and pick 68.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Culprit wrote:Collingwood Receive: Jeremy Howe, Pick 68
Collingwood Lose: Paul Seedsman , Ben Kennedy

Howe (played 22 games this year for 10 gols) for Seedsman (played 12 games for 4 goals and a blinder ANZAC Day ) and that is pretty good as far as I am concerned. Pick 68 for Kennedy, that's about where I rate Kennedy.
I can't decide. You choose.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Ben Ken and Seeds can't even make it into the seniors. We really gave away nothing
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

themonk wrote:
magpieazza wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:So, Kennedy and Seedsman for Howe and pick 68. Or, of you prefer to break it down into its constituent parts, Seedsman for pick 32, then Kennedy and pick 32 for Howe and pick 68. The sense you get is that Collingwood was quite pleased to move Kennedy and Seedsman on.

Which is severely underselling our players.

Seedsman for 32 is fair but Kennedy for 68 is F.......
Meanwhile Hawthorn is getting pick 15 for Anderson, does he have more of an upside than Seeds?

Time to move on and focus on the big 2 now, Treloar & Aish.
Exactly what a crock of shite!!

Moving on will be harder for me to do than most as I rated Kennedy a bit higher than most. Pick 68 %$^ me honestly!!
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Hine just said on SEN that the Coach plans to play Howe as a high half-forward and occasionally on the wing. I have no idea whether Howe's the man for the job or not but at least the plan is clear.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Pies4shaw wrote:No, magpieazza, according to our Club it has traded 32 and Kennedy to Melbourne for Howe and pick 68.
Sorry mate but I'm quite possibly somewhere in between the shock stage and the denial stage. Will reassess in the morning.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

So have we got two second rounders for Aish???

effing hope so!!
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Pies4shaw wrote:Hine just said on SEN that the Coach plans to play Howe as a high half-forward and occasionally on the wing. I have no idea whether Howe's the man for the job or not but at least the plan is clear.
yeah, wants to replicate parts of gunston's and smith's roles.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

we got bent over im afraid :(
C'mon De Bucks

Post by C'mon De Bucks »

I find nothing wrong with this trade. We get a 2nd rounder for Seeds which is about right.

In my opinion Kennedy is great for vfl but not good enough for afl. Howe is walk up starter in our 22. We still have our 2nd rounder and will also get 2 more 2nd rounders in the Freeman and Treloar trades. We will have 3 second rounders which will be moved on to get Aish.

#inhinewetrust
leonmagic

Post by leonmagic »

anyone who thinks kennedy is worth more than pick 68 needs help. take away where he was drafted (is largely irrelevant for every player as soon as they debut) and think about it;

CONS
- too small
- not overly quick
- cannot kick

PROS
- courageous

in all likelihood, he'd have been delisted this time next year.

seedsman for 32 is a good deal. don't worry about what other players fro other teams get - it's never going to be consistent. seed has huge potential but he'd never have realised it at collingwood. he wasn't too far away from joining two other guys on our list in having a forced holiday, maybe (and to be honest, hopefully) a move will do him good. but his time was up.

we replace 2 'talented' but not good enough players with a 25yo starting 22 player. yet people complain :lol:
The Card Table

Post by The Card Table »

I like this signing but I still think we could have been better served going after someone to play centre half-forward like Dixon or Sam Reid to work in tandem with Cloke similar to Buddy/Tippet. I'm not sure Moore is ready to fill this role yet and could see him doing what we've signed Howe for. I'm just concerned Howe will become another Jesse White. Hope I'm wrong!
leonmagic

Post by leonmagic »

Woods Of Ypres wrote:we got bent over im afraid :(
how?

can you honestly tell me how moving 2 fringe (and that's being generous) players on for a starting 22, 25yo, 100-gamer ACCURATE GOAL KICKER is not a good move?

we don't need more depth. we have plenty of depth. we need players to come into the starting side and MAKE A DIFFERENCE. bk and seed were not the latter.
BBHS
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by BBHS »

Howe took 350 per. Really wanted to play for the club gotta love that