#38 Jeremy Howe

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

themonk

Post by themonk »

Wokko wrote:Also, I'd add that neutrals are saying we've made out like bandits and I tend to agree. We've got a best 22 forward for a never made it midget and a fringe player who couldn't cement a spot (and who has a huge gap between the barely see it best and his worst).

I'm happy with this, and we're a lay down misere for Mark of the Year :lol:
Adelaide were willing to part with pick 32 for Seedsman.

Hoewe for Kennedy & our pick 44 or 62 would have been fair.

I believe we are the pig in the middle of this four way.

Anyway, welcome to Collingwood Jeremy.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Neil Appleby wrote:Well the question I have to ask is, why would we even bother with pick 68? If the draft is as shallow as we have been led to believe, 68 is not worth a zac.
it's less about the pick itself rather than the movement of a player in exchange for it. the club facilitated a transfer for kenno.

i wish kenno and seedo the best and hope they make something of their careers.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

John Wren wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:Well the question I have to ask is, why would we even bother with pick 68? If the draft is as shallow as we have been led to believe, 68 is not worth a zac.
it's less about the pick itself rather than the movement of a player in exchange for it. the club facilitated a transfer for kenno.

True but you've not mentioned the Seedo part of the deal Johnno. It seems we have not placed ourselves at best advantage here on the bits revealed so far. Hopefully, there is more to come.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Boogie Knights

Post by Boogie Knights »

If I'm reading it correctly -

Seedsman for pick 32
Howe and pick 68 for Kennedy and Pick 32 above.

Seems pretty decent to me.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

watt price tully wrote:
John Wren wrote:

True but you've not mentioned the Seedo part of the deal Johnno. It seems we have not placed ourselves at best advantage here on the bits revealed so far. Hopefully, there is more to come.
seedo for pick 32 is not the worst outcome. late second round pick.
watt price tully

Boogie Knights wrote:If I'm reading it correctly -

Seedsman for pick 32

If that's right then that's much better.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
perthmagpie

Post by perthmagpie »

Pick 68 will surely be traded to GWS or Brisbane to get them some points as part of the Treloar or Aish trade. Seems like we may use the 2016 second round pick from St.Kilda and a second round pick from GWS to get Aish. Means we are not going to be doing much in the ND. I am wondering how we will actually have the required number of players on our list since we have lost:
Kennedy
Seedsman
Freeman
Young
Dwyer
Karnezis
(Armstrong)
(Manteit)

Added:
Howe
Treloar
(Aish?)

Then we will have rookies Keeffe and Thomas ineligible to play. Maybe we expect to get Finlayson and upgrade Cox/Frost/Abbott (MIS?).
Magpies love pies(Lol)
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

People seem to forget that two years ago this guy was a 28 goal forward with good accuracy at the worst team in the comp (so shithouse delivery). Bucks has said he wants to play him forward so I don't understand why people don't think we've done well. Fills a need, only 25, has barely missed a game in 4 years and those marks!
leonmagic

Post by leonmagic »

melbourne the big losers in that trade, but oh well :D

howe has the ability to make a really nice difference in our otherwise stale / predictable forward line. could turn out to be a really nice and subtle addition a la medhurst.

i'm thinking that no.68 pick will be used in some way to ice off the treloar deal tomorrow. strong word that gws are after a petty swap of late picks, no doubt to just stall the deal. now we have it, so it's time to hand him over :)
watt price tully

John Wren wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
John Wren wrote: it's less about the pick itself rather than the movement of a player in exchange for it. the club facilitated a transfer for kenno.

Looking at the club colour picks above it shows Adelaide minus 32, Port Adelaide plus 32. Has this then been on-traded to Melbourne who've somehow given it to us or to another team to assist other deals?
leonmagic

Post by leonmagic »

ps. jamie and howe in the same forward line? wow. if nothing else, it'll be super exciting when when levi and taylor send their signature bombs inside 50 :lol:
Boogie Knights

Post by Boogie Knights »

watt price tully wrote:

Seedsman for pick 32

Adelaide got Seedsman and gave up pick 32 - this means we got pick 32 for Seedsman right? - we then turned Kennedy and that pick 32 into Howe and pick 68.

Who cares where Kennedy and 32 ended up - I'm looking at what we got out of it.
Last edited by Boogie Knights on Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Great news for an exciting forward line, moore, elliot, howe, looks like big Jessie jane could really struggle to get a game now.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

watt price tully wrote:
John Wren wrote:
watt price tully wrote: True but you've not mentioned the Seedo part of the deal Johnno. It seems we have not placed ourselves at best advantage here on the bits revealed so far. Hopefully, there is more to come.
Looking at the club colour picks above it shows Adelaide minus 32, Port Adelaide plus 32. Has this then been on-traded to Melbourne who've somehow given it to us or to another team to assist other deals?
adelaide gave us 32 for seedo, which we would have given for howe. toumpas plus 32 for pick 29 and 50. melbourne upgrade slightly their second rounder.
watt price tully

Boogie Knights wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Seedsman for pick 32

Adelaide got Seedsman and gave up pick 32 - this means we got pick 32 for Seedsman right? - we then turned Kennedy and that pick 32 into Howe and pick 68.

Who cares where Kennedy and 32 ended up - I'm looking at what we got out of it.
I got a headache out of it but with that explanation then sell me a used car, I'm in. :wink: