#38 Jeremy Howe

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Nothing coming out of Collingwood about Howe. If no action today it could be that we have baulked on Howe's asking price. Pity because Howe could offer us something.
mattdally
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by mattdally »

All but confirmed we are getting Howe. Just spoke to Rocket. Suns are pulling out of the race now.
derkd
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by derkd »

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:Nothing coming out of Collingwood about Howe. If no action today it could be that we have baulked on Howe's asking price. Pity because Howe could offer us something.

Yes would be a decent highlights player, and may become a solid contributor.

But as it stands he is a $400 a year. not worth risking future re-signs or possible free agent talent for a guy, who at the moment can only take a great grab.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

From the Collingwood site (based on an article in The Age) about an hour ago:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/20 ... trade-deal

I think I'm not allowed to reproduce the content but the substance is that Howe is said to be waiting on Collingwood's offer (none - yet - made) and Collingwood is considering playing him as the "third tall", a la Norman Gunston.
Pies2016
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I'm still undecided about Howe but one thing I do know is that playing in the Dee's forward line is without doubt the toughest gig in football. Roos virtually drops back two behind the ball all day and it's a nightmare playing as a forward when the ball slowly makes its way into their forward against two extra opposition players ( an indication of how good hogan is )

Whatever you think of Howe, I can guarantee he will be a better player at the Pies. He is also versatile which would help if we have to plug a hole in the back line.
As for " best 22 " scenarios, the reality is, particularly with a young list, it never happens.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

The other thing to consider is his aerobic capacity. Apparently one of the best at Melbourne, even beating Lumumba, who was one of the best at Collingwood.

Tall marking wingman anyone?
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

do you think he will be able to mark the balls that get dropped on his head? i suppose he leap might help him prevent that from happening.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
GreekLunatic
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

according to the herald sun he has chosen us as his preffered club
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

i read we were waiting on him taking a look at the contract before making up his mind.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

John Wren wrote:do you think he will be able to mark the balls that get dropped on his head? i suppose he leap might help him prevent that from happening.
So, he'll just jump out of the way and miss those balls completely? :wink:
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

John Wren wrote:i read we were waiting on him taking a look at the contract before making up his mind.
Yes, JW - some people even read that at the top of this page....
GreekLunatic
Been liked: 17 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

great 2 players on the foward line vying for mark of the year
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Pies4shaw wrote:
John Wren wrote:i read we were waiting on him taking a look at the contract before making up his mind.
Yes, JW - some people even read that at the top of this page....
indeed some do. clearly not me. i read facebook.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Club has Confirmed our Interest in Howe
I am Da Man
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

I actually like the way we are doing things at Collingwood, unlike the Tony Shaw and Mick Malthouse eras. We will not be rushed into making rash decisions we will later regret. Only when we are sure we are getting value for money will Howe become a Collingwood player. Similar with Treloar and Aish. Fed up being held to ransom by feral clubs like GWS and Brisbane. We will make decisions in the best interest of the CFC and if that means we end up losing those players then so be it. What we lose on trades we will gain in the national draft.