Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Stupied

Post by Stupied »

mandy wrote:What makes me laugh is that there are Carlton supporters who genuinely believe they're tanking for high draft picks.

1) No. They're not tanking. They're really just that shit.

2) Let them get the high picks. History has shown they have no clue how to recruit and will again open up the Herald Sun to see who they say the #1 is and pick them regardless if they need that type of player or not.

20 years and counting.....
It's amusing that so many of their fans think that SOS will be their savior because of the list GWS built while he was there. Don't worry that they had a gazillion concessions, and that he had Gubby Allan as a crutch to help him in talent identification.

I look forward to seeing their fans inevitably turn on another one of their legends when he isn't able to change their fortunes immediately.
Jezza
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 323 times

Post by Jezza »

[align=center]Carlton's BigFooty Posts:[/align]
138 point loss. Biggest loss in our 151 year history.
Yuck.

I'm sorry that that's how you'll remember your 200th Marc.

Barker should not get the job. Kids or not, that's deplorable.
Great game, looking fwd to the replay
So am I! :lol:
In summary...

We're just really really crap.
No kidding! :twisted:
I'm being told to change teams because I'm always sad. I ain't going anywhere, but I'm still sad :(
Que the violins*
At 22 years of age I havent lived to see a premiership ( 95 doesnt count i was 3). Nor really any success, parents hate footy, so i have no idea why i love it. I also have no idea why I love this club, out of all clubs since the turn of the century I for some unknown reason follow the shittest.

I have no idea why Iv continued to be a member on my own accord for the past 4 years on the basis of nothing other then my love for it.

How can a team be shit for 15 year?
And why do I put myself through this?
I can smell that loss from London...
We may have thought the early 2015 season under Malthouse was "rock-bottom" and we could only go up from there -- albeit slow and gradual.

But tonight is officially "rock-bottom".
Bring back Malthouse.

Seriously, We need the best coach available.
Is this the WTF just happened thread?
STICK FAT EVERYONE.
Can take a big loss on the chin but weak efforts, broken tackles and bad umpiring really annoy me. As does bruce mcaveney
30 f-in tackles to their 40.. 150 possessions odd less as well.... Obviously when the players pump up a coach they really hate him...

What can you say..... We deserve this reality check again... I'd to be honest just appreciate a few weeks of Laidley.. Want some angry coach... No more friends in Ratten and Malthouse..l want someone to just shock these players out of this timid don't give a stuff shell.

If Yarren and Henderson play next week.. Another wonderful message...
Just remind me what we are looking forward to again?
More wooden spoons and watching Liam Jones run around the forward line! :lol: :lol: :lol:
That was a little disappointing, particularly after going in with such high expectations
After spending over half my life hoping and wishing they would sort their shit tonight proves it just won't happen.

You win Carlton, you broke me.
Currently watching more convincing performances on The Expendables 2.
Barker does not justify getting the full-time job after that.

As they said in the commentary, Brett Ratten, who has spent time under Alistair Clarkson, would probably be the best choice....if he were able to forgive and accept.
silver linings... at least it wasn't against St Kilda
How we lost is beyond words.
How can the captain of our once great club publicly endorse JB for the top job and 48 hrs later lead the team into that deplorable effort.

I can handle poor skill, I can handle being outmuscled. I can't handle no effort
And we can't blame Malthouse either.

Sure is some bad stench going down Princes Park way when the leaders play as though their drunk..... Murphy excluded.

The side was very inexperienced but there's more to it than that.
Mixed night for myself. Lost my glasses so couldn't see the game that clearly. Great that we only lost by 38 points though!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Was really looking forward to this game ... see where we were compared to the competitions benchmark .....

Sadly we are light years behind.

Very very disappointing.

It not like we didn't try ... we were just simply blown out of the park.

Just shattered to think how far we have fallen.

On the '95' anniversary where we had arguably our best team we now get to see arguably our worst.

Oh the ironing!
I'm so happy with how far you've fallen! :twisted:
Just deplorable. I never want to see Carlton this crap ever again.
I want to see Carlton this crap again! :lol:
Didn't watch, saved smashing tv
Let's be real. There is no post match discussion. Certainly nothing worth discussing relevant to Carlton. I'd give Hawthorn the cup now, and thereby let the rest of us have a longer period to formulate plans for getting it off them next year.
Jeepers, we had a very, very ordinary side out there but didn't think things would get that ugly.

Feel for Murph, tried his guts out and got belted up all night. Sad to see how far away we've fallen after being finals regulars with such a young side just 5 years ago. Not only was it a waste of 3 years with Mick, our list regressed and our players lost all confidence, sigh.
After that performance we deserve the wooden spoon. Our insipid effort reminiscent of our effort under MM.
wanted witches hats they may cover more ground than 3/4's of Carlton's list
Glad i missed it. What a disaster.
Glad I didn't miss it! What a success.
And Malthouse said he couldn't see us losing a game preseason. Senile old fool nearly completely stuffed this club. Buttifant, Thomas, Jones etc.
We gotta lot of work to do. C'mon BLUES!!
Got to love Micky Madhouse! :lol:
I don't post here much (tend to look at lot these days), so I am not here to take pot shots.

But I am wondering - has it finally hit the board of our proud club that things need to be done differently at Carlton (on a number of fronts) to compete and be successful in modern day footy?

If tonight doesn't send the message, nothing will.
I simply have no words.
If this isn't rock bottom, the people running the joint have no idea.
Given results over the last couple of weeks, we are within 10 goals of the Swans
I'm seriously not that surprised. It was basically the Northern Blues v the Premiers.
I'm pretty sure the umps cost us the game.
Our psych profiling of our recruits is poor..

Just a lot of timid fellas without a hunger or desire to win.. Bar Cripps, Buckley,Simpson Kreuzer..

Farewell

Judd, Carazzo, Jamison, Warnock, Ellard, Watson... Hendo and Yarran probably gone and I'd seriously consider trading Kreuzer and Menzel too. Shame it's a week draft..

We will get our fourth spoon I hate to say.
Hard to find the right word for that so I will settle with excruciating, even if it does understate how much we sucked tonight.
Very sad I have watched Carlton's biggest defeat tonight.

If I was in the running to be Blues coach I would now be running in the opposite direction.

We are 5 years plus from success with an impatient and reactive board.

Barker sorry mate you are not up to it.
Very happy I have watched Carlton's biggest defeat tonight! :twisted:
We must have had serious concerns about Brisbane's percentage.
The loss leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
Only caught the last 15 min. I doubt we'll get 1 Friday night match next year. What an embarrassment, how can the players (bar a small few) actually pluck up the courage to walk out their next week, aren't they embarrassed? Knowing hundreds of thousands of people just watched you put no effort in? They should voluntarily drop themselves to the seconds.
Lets not forget that we virtually lost our whole forward line. If Jones is really on 3yrs we must start playing him as a backman in the 2's next week
We don't deserve any Friday night games based on tonight's performance.
I'd like to say meh but what I really want to say is FAAARRRRRKKKKK!
Commentators laughing it up for the fact that Gunstan kicked a higher score than we did.

Pretty sure it is not the first time that has happened this season.
Just highlights we need some new faces into the club, starting with the senior coach.
In all honesty you couldn't have made a worse list by throwing a dart at the form guide from 20 meters.

All those decent picks and this is where we are at.

And worse still we manage to hit rock bottom in a weak draft year ... I mean far out we are just so irrelevant its sickening
The difference in skill level was massive. I know it was Hawthorn, but still....

We seem to have a problem with the concept of delivering the ball forward of a player, to allow them to run onto it. Pity you don't get six points for landing the ball on someone's head.
Commentators were so unprofessional with their giggles and guffaws.
The Carlton facebook page is feral. I'm sure we get some refugees from there on occasion and they have no clue how to articulate a thought constructively.
We are currently in a heavy training load...

A mini preseason....

Think that excuse is ok????
The afl is seriously broken.
The current people at the club (all of them) are succeeding in completely destroying our once great club.
Lowest ever crowd between Hawks and blues, lowest by almost 20k.

And to top it off we put up such an insipid display to get beaten by a record winning margin against us, that we just made a complete certainty to have even fewer supporters attend in future.

I'm in morning now because tonight the first nail was driven into our coffin, can't see this going on much longer without the club being completely destroyed
Love it! :twisted:
Our percentage is 66.6.... make of that what you will...
Would like to get into a time machine and just go 5 years into the future ... just so tired of pushing shit up a hill.

Wish ai could brainwash myself to follow someone else ... I mean seriously growing up if so,eone told me we would end up like this I would have laughed for a week ... now I have been crying for 15 bloody years!
I've been laughing for 15 years! :lol: :lol: :lol:
not sure what happened to the taking the game on earlier in the year.
we are terrible at manning up/zoning.
The only saving grace from the night is at least we got playing Hawthorn out of the way. I mean imagine how bad it could have been if we were playing them in the run home into the finals
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Jezza
Been liked: 323 times

Post by Jezza »

We got on the plane and HBF asked how much I thought we'd lose by. I said 140 points and we laughed and we laughed and we laughed...
Yes we are a proud club, but what worries me is that we are losing supporters on masse every week that passes.

which young kid will grow up barracking for Carlton after they see this crap served up week after week.

Heck even the most die hard supporters who never miss a game have stopped attending games this, showing that the club can't even keep the interest of long life supporters to show up and support the team week in and week out
Andy Mckay just said Ratten had been spoken to about the coaching job and Ratten didn't want to be considered.
The AFL will need to act we are no good and need assistance. We will get a priority pick AFL need Carlton firing.
It didn't help the first time so why would it be different this time? :roll:
Upside. Liam Jones wasn't the worst.
Truly embarrassing tonight and barker just lost the job
In my best Bronwyn Bishop voice...

"It was not 140 points; it was 137 points."
It was actually 138 points! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Going to bed ... just shattered.

Good night all ... All I got to say is I love this club and always will.

Just damn hard to be positive at the moment though.

We are now officially Melbourne ... a powerhouse who turned into a joke and stayed there.

Just cannot see us ever coming back to something of what we once were.

Just a slow decline to nothingness.

Just destroys me.
AFL cannot have Carlton down we will take at least 10 years to get back to near the eight we lost Judd, Simpson will retire throw in the loss of Waite Eddie and Garlett and we have no forward line or defence. Not to mention the muppets decide to change the father son rule when we have three eligible.
Tutt.. in general
White... in the middle
Jones... ugggh

Sillyness
Just hope the club doesn't use the Dockers and Swans results from the last two weeks as an excuse to paper over what happened tonight, we are well off the pace.
Its only a game
Its only a game
Its only a game
Its only a game
oh and btw thanks to M Malthouse for setting us up so well for the future..well done Mick ol Boy. We know exactly who the assistant coaches/fitness staff and every other hopeless sack of fertiliser stuff you employed wont be next year...
This is what happens in a 18 team comp. Interstate clubs have COLA plus their own academies. We have to compete against this.
I'm not even upset about this result, just extremely let down & disappointed with tonight, especially on such an important night. No one except Murphy deserves their spot in the side.
Shame we have some of these blokes and Daisy contracted so it's not like we can just cut them from the list without us getting worse and still having to pay them.
To whoever was there tonight, WE WITNESSED HISTORY! :P
I put a movie on at qtr time. Good decision.
That bloke that does the post match discussions with David Rhys Jones needs a smack, his tone annoys me, his jolly optimism is off-putting and he literally says nothing of any substance. I hate his fat face.
Liam Jones & Jason Tutt: ODN made it clear to not go overboard with abusing players, so all I'll say is that I find it ridiculous that these two players are at our footy club. Tutt would have to be the softest player on our list and his glaring lack of skill on the outside simply makes him a liability. Jones too just isn't an AFL footballer, he can have all the athletic gifts he wants but if he's incapable of impacting on the contest in any kind of meaningful way it's time to call a spade a spade. Can't believe he's on a 3 year deal. Would be happy for neither to play another game this season.
Clarko asked what didn't go right, he said not a lot went right for the Blues.
Everyone just calm the **** down...breath...and ask yourselves...

What would Sundown do??

Think the club has finally realized that we can no longer roll out the cheque book to obtain success, we have to the hard yards like most other rebuilding clubs.

That's the painful reality of modern footy.
Only took them 30 years to work it out! :roll:
Someone should make a highlight reel of all the times Jones attempts to take a chest marks, only for it to just bounce off his chest whilst he clutches at the air.

Would be quite comical.
Sounds like Jesse White but Liam Jones is still 10x worse! :lol: :lol: :lol:
To think we have to go through it again in six weeks.

Ugh!
Tackling, basic skills and decision making were atrocious.
Rocked up at half time after a work function.

Had a sneaky $50 on the line (66.5 points), was hopeful that we'd dig in and get my bet up....

We didn't
There is a certain sense of heartache now attached to this club at the moment. I know I say a lot of dumb crap as written forms of communication are not my strength.

I have loved this club since I was a kid. I remember looking up names like Jim Park and Bob Chitty because they were Carlton and as such they were important to me. Despite never being good enough I dreamed of playing for Carlton and some days I lament that I didn't (or couldn't ) which is why tonight hurts. It hurts to the point of a dreaded numbness.
watched the whole thing and remained pretty apathetic from start to finish

that's new. Worrying, but definitely new

ENJOY NICKSTERS!!! :lol:
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
partypie

Post by partypie »

Can they sack their caretaker coach?
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 116 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Hey Carlton at least you beat Gunston by 2 points !! Pity his team mates scored as well
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

From BigFooty...

I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
Geek
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Geek »

But... I thought that since they'd sacked Mick, they were now finals bound... I don't understand...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dangles

Post by Dangles »

I guess Brett Ratten wasn't so bad after all. Maybe they should interview him for the job. Although they might have to pay overs to get him to leave Hawthorn.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

stoliboy wrote:Carlton's biggest loss EVER!!!

http://australianfootball.com/clubs/big ... /Carlton/3
I don't know whether to laugh or cry - one more point and they would finally have been ahead of us on this table (we managed our 138 point loss in 1942, so we've been waiting for some time).
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

I'm still waiting for them to come but...

Soft cocks!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Piesnchess
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Worst and most inept bluescum side i have seen in over fifty long years of watching footy, shit list shit stars, shit board shit committee. Rapt they got their greatest winning margin against them, how lovely is that. !! Old Mick wasnt so bad now was he eh bluebellies, this guy looks a helluva lot worse. LOL. Rhe scum showed as much fight against the piss and poop as a wet kleenex, we are a very young team, yet damn near beat the dawks, because we never gave up and tried our hearts out. The scum gave up in the first qtr, they just gave up, didnt give a damn, they are seriously in terrible trouble for years too come now. LOL
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

This is the thing with the Scum, they think all their previous success came about through hard work & determination... Ah no, they cheated their way to the top with all their Premierships & right now they are finding out just how hard it is to go about business the fair way.

And boy, they aren't coping well at all, are they?

As the old saying goes: Cheaters never prosper!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
GreekLunatic
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

Real Madrid 4 vs Carlton 4 they couldnt score more goals with an extra 30 minutes of play than what real madrid had .
i hate carlton
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by i hate carlton »

The worst thing about Carlscums loss was that it was the hawks that had the privilege, not us.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopi ... sc&start=0
i hate carlton
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by i hate carlton »

partypie wrote:Can they sack their caretaker coach?
Gold.

It's unlikely he will get the fulltime gig. What club would give a job to a coach that took them to a record loss.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopi ... sc&start=0