#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 43 times

Re: omg

Post by Skids »

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
. Oh, and it's news to me Hiss that Fyfe is a Brownlow medal winner.
maybe Hiss was one of the punters who had their Brownlow bets on Fyfe paid out and that's confused the old fool
:lol:
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Hiss wrote:This post has to be the biggest load of crap on Nicks this year. Nat Fyfe is a Brownlow winner already. How could any person with football knowledge seriously compare him with our bloke. Only a fool would do that.

You have totally missed the Point Hiss :roll:

I am not saying he is good as Fyfe now. No Rookie would be but he has some Simmlar Traits as Fyfe. Great Reading of Taps and can Take a Strong Contested Mark
I am Da Man
Piesnchess
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Dave The Man wrote:
Hiss wrote:This post has to be the biggest load of crap on Nicks this year. Nat Fyfe is a Brownlow winner already. How could any person with football knowledge seriously compare him with our bloke. Only a fool would do that.

You have totally missed the Point Hiss :roll:

I am not saying he is good as Fyfe now. No Rookie would be but he has some Simmlar Traits as Fyfe. Great Reading of Taps and can Take a Strong Contested Mark
Pay him no heed dave, hes a grumpy ol bugger at best of times. :wink:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

He got a lot of belief from Sundays game.

I reckon he might be about due to rip it a new one on Monday, a smoky for BOG
Pies2016
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I'm just looking forward to sharenberg reminding me of jimmy clement.
One intercept mark on debut should just about do it for me.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Hiss
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

You're not going to like this Hiss, but the person he reminds me of is Nathan Buckley. They have similar build and appearance and same fair complexion. He even got a hair cut during the week in the same short back and sides as Nathan. At this stage of his career De Goey is much more of an inside player as Buckley, but that's only because Buckley played his early career in the Northern Territory where the football was more open and played on the outside. Oh, and it's news to me Hiss that Fyfe is a Brownlow medal winner.
How dare you! Buckley was a born champion and ten times better than this kid Fyfe. Bucks played with guts. Fyfe plays like Angie Dickenson. Fyfe is a kid with potential thats it.. How could you be so disloyal to our Coach.
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
The Weed

Post by The Weed »

Hiss wrote:
You're not going to like this Hiss, but the person he reminds me of is Nathan Buckley. They have similar build and appearance and same fair complexion. He even got a hair cut during the week in the same short back and sides as Nathan. At this stage of his career De Goey is much more of an inside player as Buckley, but that's only because Buckley played his early career in the Northern Territory where the football was more open and played on the outside. Oh, and it's news to me Hiss that Fyfe is a Brownlow medal winner.
How dare you! Buckley was a born champion and ten times better than this kid Fyfe. Bucks played with guts. Fyfe plays like Angie Dickenson. Fyfe is a kid with potential thats it.. How could you be so disloyal to our Coach.
Hey hey hey Pepper was very tough.
yin-YANG

Post by yin-YANG »

Love us or Hate us... we are Collingwood - you can't ignore the Mighty Magpies!!!
MGR

Re: De Goey Reminds me Nat Fyfe a bit

Post by MGR »

Dave The Man wrote:Watching a Highlights of Fyfe on the Weekend running on a Tap from Saindlands and Full Pace. I thought De Goey has done that a few times for us

He be Fun to Watch when he gets use to the Pace of the AFL Game
Thats is such a big call let the kid play a couple of seasons first.
"We go around with the British flag in the corner of our flag. Great states do not do these things" ... former Prime Minister Paul Keating.
jackcass

Re: De Goey Reminds me Nat Fyfe a bit

Post by jackcass »

MGR wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:Watching a Highlights of Fyfe on the Weekend running on a Tap from Saindlands and Full Pace. I thought De Goey has done that a few times for us

He be Fun to Watch when he gets use to the Pace of the AFL Game
Thats is such a big call let the kid play a couple of seasons first.
I don't have an issue with supporters projecting where these prospects could end up with a few years more development, and based on evidence to date. Bit of harmless fun.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Ive likened Dylan Shiel to Bucks when I saw him as a 17 year old. The way he runs and kicks long left or right foot very similar.

Fyfe is fairly unique. A bit like a modern version of Goodes at his best.

De Goey to me has a bit of Ox about him up forward and a bit of Voss about him as a mid...............can only hope !!!
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

De Goey is the real deal

Post by RudeBoy »

He's only 19 yrs of age and he's going to have ups and downs, and play good and bad games, but honestly I haven't been this excited about a young recruit since we drafted Pendles. Add 10 ks of muscle to this kid and 50 games of experience and he will be an All Australian. He'll be everything Nat Fyfe is, but he'll be a better kick. 8)
Dave The Man
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Just Keeps getting Better.

The 3rd Qtr he was Fantastic.

He will have a Break Out Game soon.

Imagine when he gets 50 Games into him

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2015-06-25/ ... s-loves-it
I am Da Man
mackasmatt

Post by mackasmatt »

I think Bucks sees a lot of himself in De Goey.
------------
----------
MAGPIES '18
----------
------------
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

Tries hard, still learning but got involved tonight. Set up a goal and kicked a ripper himself. Will get better as time goes on.