Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

qldmagpie67
Been liked: 116 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Very disappointed in the swans they could have won by 15+ goals and totally embarrassed the scum.
And also broke the scums record run of 13 consecutive lost quarters.
Why do the commentators insist on pumping up the scum saying things like oh there trying so hard there just undermanned or the scoreboard doesn't reflect there efforts. Really say it like it is they are shit and hopeless gutless and will be lucky to win 4 games for the year.
Daisy looked like he wanted to get reported early so he doesn't have waste his time with this rabble.
Oh well there still last so all is not lost
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

better
Graham: Has proved why he belongs in the VFL....14 disposals just not good enough if he wants to make it...

he needs to pack his bags too... not good enough for AFL
They are a very good football team.....

They had a crack....undermanned, take buddy out of there team, different game....
How much did Rhys Shaw cost the Swans?

Twice the footballer Daisy is.
Much better. But our forward line sucks
Much more sustained competitive effort. Not a lot more could be expected given Barker only had yesterday and today with the team.

Good signs.

Really like Everitts game, Cripps outstanding. Please just give Buckley full games from here out.

Looks like Lach and Yazz might have already checked out.
Make no mistake....
Hi Mick!
Mick has murdered our run and flair. That'll take weeks to sort. Everything else better. Got a run into Henderson and Walker, missing 3 important midfielders and we tackled 62 times!!! Until we re-learn how to run and carry again though, our strength before Mick, then we'll find it hard going. Run is everything and everything flows from it.

Hopefully Jammo's back soon. Surely Jaksch is better than having Jones in the side.
we had a crack. but our skills are deplorable. Jones is masquerading as a footballer. Hope to see Special K playing next week
Better effort but our poor skill level issues are still there... and will take years to fix.
Better effort but our poor skill level issues are still there... and will take years to fix.
..graham doesn't look like he's been in the system for three years, still very light..
We tried harder and that was pleasing to see. Sydney are a very very good side lol.

I do not want to see Jones in the senior side for the rest of the season and let go at seasons end.

That is all for now, watching Green Lantern :P
Taking into account the outs it was OK and most of all not embarrassing. Hope we get Buckley more game time and Holman a run
..I said last year that I reckon Everitt ought to be played as a forward.. ..good work rate, good mark, straight kick..
Good on you.
Surely supporters having a dig at Graham tonight are joking. Surely.
He and Cripps played against the best midfield in the league and held their own considering experience.
Surely we understand that and even witnessed the game. Graham was terrific!
Give Barker a few more weeks, let 5-6 guys get healthy and there's hope.
Not happy with the loss but happy with the endeavour.

I wanted tackles and 1%ers and I think we got that.

Graham needs timem on the ground to adapt to the pace. He's never had that.

Buckley has earned a starting spot.Army gives it everything.'Bell had another bullish game. Couple of dropped marks didn't look good, though.

I think the umpires gave them more latitude witht he footy than they gave us...

Bring in more runners. Yarran out injured. Bring in BB.

FFS play Walker up the ground. Maybe the wing or HFF and tell him to run every time he gets it. Same with all the quicks. If we run the balll from HB as often as we can, the forwards will have an easier time of it.

Don't know about Jones. There has to be a better option. White? He played forward a few times last year and took marks and kicked goals. he is too small to look after a key forward. Not his fault but he does give grunt and effort.

Thomas is a shadow of his former self. If it is lack of fitness and match practice, he has to play more. If he is just stuffed we have made a huge mistake. I hope not. He shows flashes.

Hendo hasn't had a decent game for a year.

Casboult's set kicking has improved. Now he needs to work out how to have more of them.

This season is now about finding out who wants to play footy for the Blues next year and forward. I don't care if it's Armfield and Ellard. If they give us 100% every week, they are worth more to the club than someone who just runs around the park. As Kieran Jack said after the game, as long as people can play their role, they have done OK.

What we need now is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Don't move an inch, then. The 11:15 should be coming this way any minute now...

:lol:
If Liam Hones ever plays for this team again I'll fair dinkum spew. Rowey gave his all and one a lot of one on one contests.

Tutt is really fast but really crap too. Menzel can't be right. We know he is a much better footballer than he showed tonite. Just have to stick with him.

It's gonna be a loooooooong way back from here, but they had a real crack tonite, except for Hendo and Yarran who barely got out of first gear and were disgraceful.
I'm starting to think everyone thinks Henderson has another gear of pace to find; he doesn't. Doesn't slip his opponent when he leads and waves the direction for the kicker when they have a loose man in front of him.

Stupid forward, good back. It's that simple guys.
Damn. Interchanged Carrazzo for Hartung because Murphy and Judd didn't play tonight because they hate Barker. Idiot!
Oops! Too bad, so sad!

:twisted: :lol:
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Sad days when we get praise for a 60 point loss... We live on others people pity
improved endeavour

Tackle count well up

Missing good players and playing many under done players

I actually feel like watching the team again ... hated watching us play under Malthouse
That's when I enjoyed watching you guys!

:lol:
We just have a rubbish forward line
Betts and Waite and we kick 5 more goals and maybe the pressure means a couple less for teh Swans
Still lose but much better scoreline
Happy with the effort - skill is a problem
Skill level shocking
What we need is the tunnel - went to the game and have never been so flattened at a game.
Woeful skills, slow as a wet week and no run or flair (thanks mick). But does anyone think we are ever a chance to have forwards in the forward line - and not all back......and can anyone explain why we stack the back line leaving their backs free in our firward line. They seemed to have at least one loose man in our forward line..........beyond me. Too crestfallen almost to care...
On Jones...
Lame Jones is his name... But we shouldn't blame Lame, he's just the result of our abysmal recruiting.
I know there is lots of focus on tall forwards and running defenders, but the difference for me was the composure of mids breaking from the contest.

We tried hard but bomb it around corners to a contest, they break with one handball hard running and spot a target.

I thought we had them structurally, we just couldn't match the skills and running from the contest .
Nothing to kick to really
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Uh... okay.
Bad:
- a lot of positives and we still were 10 goals behind them.
- same issues with an inability to spread and run at an AFL standard.
- jones went missing again.
- Thomas tires quickly (he started very well, but was quiet later on)
- we need a second key defender, coz white can't keep getting man-handled every week.
- Menzel quiet.
Henderson underdone and also continually outnumbered 2 to 1, midfield delivery very poor generally.

Yarran seemed a bit selfish and played the man rather than the ball. If he hadn't been injured and likely to miss next week then I would have dropped him.

Cripps the standout for me. Special mention to Everitt. Bell and Armfield tried hard.

Liam Jones was deplorable. What is it with his continued attempts to mark on the chest when he should be sticking the dukes out? It's ghastly to watch.

Lack of run clearly visible, always seemed flat footed. When we did run, often there were too many running into the same space as well.

Effort was definitely there, apart from Yarran who I thought played dishonestly.
Yarran ankle not good. The next few weeks decide whether he stays or not. I see very big upside for Yarran in the right environment. Hope he stays.
Menzel knee. He was very lively in the middle early and helped give us a good start although we failed to capitalise on the scoreboard. Faded after that. The knee is a worry.
Thomas looks like a normally classy player carrying too many injuries.
Tutt struggling with the pace and ferocity of the game at this level - but he's not R Caruso.
Tutt & jones were very poor. Menzel but injured.
Carazzo adds nothing.
Hendo looks frustrated as a fwd. White is not a KPP.
On Yarran and MIA Jones...
Yarran wan't with it tonight. Not focused, looked lazy.

Jones .... 100% agree
Murphy Gibbs. Rah rah rah. Gibbs. Murphy. Rah. Gibbs. Manbun. Murphy. Rah. Oh, wait.
Did we miss Murphy Gibbs or Judd? If so where? Tackle count?
I missed the Murphy Gibbs reason for us losing tonight.

Rah rah rah rah.
Soon Kreuz in for Jones and he's never to return. Pay him out.
Jezza
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 324 times

Post by Jezza »

[align=center]Carlton's BigFooty Forum Posts:[/align]
Fell asleep in the third. Woke up towards the end and was surprise to be down by only 10 goals.
Hate to say it but im tired of the likes of Curnow, Armfield and White. They just don't cut it.
To be honest, I think the team would play better without Gibbs and Murphy.
Well they are soft footballers after all :roll:
I'd like to know why they couldn't have put in that effort in the other rounds. That said, I hope we can keep it up. Now all we need is some skills...
Maybe because Mick was there! :lol:
Tutt and Jones should go an never play again.

Thanks but no thanks Jones. Wish you were able to loan players in footy. Jones would have been good on a loan, try to change his behaviour and effort and see if we can get anything out of him but upon seeing we can't we send him back to the doggies. Tutt is ok depth but nothing more.
I think people are going to be shocked with how much better carlton will be after the bye. Thoroughly enjoyed watching the game and the endeavour on display.
Talk about getting ahead of yourself after a 60 point loss!
I just ******* knew Casboult's kicking was all Mick's fault!
I can't get excited about a loss. We had some good contributors but too many passengers.
I just do not understand what we saw in jones?

All the doggie fans warned us about him and what they said was spot on.

Even the commentators tonight were pretty much just hanging it on him for having no tank, no impact and not leaving him anywhere to hide with his lazy efforts.

Just seems to have no drive or hunger .... how did we manage to give him a three year contract.

Want him to turn it around and at least be serviceable but at this point the shock would give me a heart attack.

He should be playing VFL until he builds a tank and shows some form of attitude reversal
Ask Carlton's recruiters because everyone else knew he was a dud! :lol:
you smell
Guys,

unfortunately

we stink
I have also been patient with Daisy I guess because I am loathe to admit that we got sold a lemon by the Pies. But he is now a bog ordinary player and his recruitment was pure folly at the price. Lemon indeed. They got a top ten pick. Cunning buggers. Buckles first bitch slap of Malthose, then smacked his arse every time we played them.
Love it!!! :D
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Mossi
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Mossi »

^ Quote:
I have also been patient with Daisy I guess because I am loathe to admit that we got sold a lemon by the Pies. But he is now a bog ordinary player and his recruitment was pure folly at the price. Lemon indeed. They got a top ten pick. Cunning buggers. Buckles first bitch slap of Malthose, then smacked his arse every time we played them.

5 times!!

:lol: :lol:
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

More than makes up for us recruiting Jordan Russell, you'd think :)
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Just an advance notice, I will be at the VFL today, so I won't be able to provide the laughs, if the result goes as expected...

I've asked Jezza to fill in again.
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

Judd's done his knee. career over
Raw Hammer
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Woods Of Ypres wrote:Judd's done his knee. career over
Does not belong in a "laugh at Carlton" thread. Poor taste.
Est. 2002
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

That's a shame.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

Fire Up Jezza!
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

So close yet so far for the Bluebaggers!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll be back....
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Jezza wrote:So close yet so far for the Bluebaggers!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll be back....

Awwwwwww... the poor little bluebaggers, so close, but so, so far, a close loss like that, after playing guts out, can really stuff a lowly team after a coach sacking, dont think this new found endevour will last long, tho many guys there on that shit list are now playing for their footy lives.!

AM i sad about Judd ??- hm,mm, would scum fans be sad if it was our Swan or Pendles, i think not, so the answer is no farking way known !! :P :P
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Raw Hammer wrote:
Does not belong in a "laugh at Carlton" thread. Poor taste.
TO be fair, i think the Hammer is just stating the bleeding obvious, Judd wont be back if its his knee, he was going to retire seasons end, anyway. :?
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

[align=center]TankingCarlton Part 1:[/align]
:(
Hopefully a completely revamped defence after the bye.
murph telling sloane how @#$%&! it was with mick around and to come across next year
I'm seeing hope whereas before today I saw none
I still see losses! :twisted:
well done blues
Well done for another loss in Australia! The only team yet to win within Australia this year! :lol:
As each week passes, it will become increasingly clear the Malthouse was an EDDIE plant. Time to launch the investigation now AFL.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
God WA media shits me sometimes....As soon as the siren blew ABC radio switched from the Carlton vs Adelaide broadcast to East Fremantle vs who gives a @#$%&! at Leederville Oval!!
no lynch malty can get [REDACTED]

maybe if he let us play with some attack he would have got this effort and result
Tutt has been better today than Daisy has been this season
Music to my ears! :D
We didnt take our chances at the start of this quarter.
fkn umpires