Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Jezza, you know what this means, don't you...? :wink:

TO THE BATMOBILE!!!

:twisted:
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 21 times

Post by Dave The Man »

MagpieBat wrote:Jezza, you know what this means, don't you...? :wink:

TO THE BATMOBILE!!!

Going to be Fun Reading :D
I am Da Man
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Woosha straight in.....again no process
mick writing off the board and us, as a club, is a really good thing.

keeping the heat on the board and raising awareness that we are a deadset joke, is a good thing. only someone of mick's stature in the game is capable of bringing them down too.

we should be applauding malthouse's sniping, and embracing his all about himself ways.

this next two weeks will be fabulous, my friends.
Hopefully gone today, the blokes a cauliflower always been one. Appoint Laidley as caretaker and go through a process for next year
If it looks like a cauliflower
Talks like a cauliflower
Smells like a cauliflower
ITS A CALIFLOWER.
Ok the next thing for the board to find is a new scapegoat.. A guy around the club they can demonize.. And blame.
But they will need to be patient.. They moved all their old appointees on.. And replaced them with their new appointees
If he'd just shut up for the next two weeks and coached there wouldn't be an issue. He has stirred this up this morning and now he needs to go now.

The big issue is the board needs to follow and Trigg as well. Unfortunately for Trigg is a puppet for this difunctional board. I'm looking for hope but when I here the CEO state that we won't go the way of St Kilda or Bulldogs (our list is worse than either of those when they started the rebuild) and that players like Jones where bought in to be the next core of our side you ahve lost me.

We still just don't get it. :mad:
What a shit radio station that SEN is, what are they using to stream their broadcasts, two tin cans and a piece of string? Having to hit refresh every minute because it cuts out is annoying the hell out of me.

And yes, I'm not a "morning person" :fight:
Best thing from that was A Maher saying a rival ticket is gaining momentum in the background.:)
Looks like it's happened. Was inevitable I suppose.
Had to be done.
Now let's pray for a "legitimate" rival ticket to the board to appear.
I won't be re-newing my membership until this current board is gone, pretty sure I'm not alone.
Mick must of had a big office...
Nice $600 k payout for Mick.
I'm sure we can find the cash

Someone with deep pockets will be happy to pay to see Mick off, I'm sure.

As long as the AFL approves the football department spending cap exemption
Really, the board should throw the hat around, they made the bed, they lie in it! I'm serious.
All of this highlights the lack of professionalism by the board in the way they have been conducting themselves.
Unfortunately they ran into a football personality much bigger than themselves.
He was no Hughes or Rogers or Ratten.
This is not finished..
Lol
Personally I love it!
We've been dragged through the mud for decades now people don't like it.. All this is.. Is everything we have been through magnified into two months.
It's amplified the state of the club and the people running it.
It's more a reflection on who we are than Mick.

I say let it be and let's hope it leads to change
Anyone remember our botched attempt to sack Pagan back in 2006? Different board members, but equally incompetent. May not be over yet.
And in response to the moving van...
What, so now Lance Whitnall is the interim coach?
Can't believe I fell asleep at work on a Tuesday and woke back up on a Friday afternoon.
MASSIVE!
Tony Abbott says give Mick a chance
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Goodnight Irene. How [REDACTED] are we?
He's the only level four coach we have ever had
The Duke and Abbott on the same page again ....
On the removal van again...
That's just for his ego.
Shit club is shit
DONE.
Well it's no surprise...
I agree with Synners entirely on Mick let alone the entire club fiasco.

Currently the CFC is run by billionaires and some skid row millionaires who are fabulously successful in what they know about which isn't football.

For the last 3 years they let Mick who was once a good to great coach oversee the final touches of a potential serious contender into a complete rabble with no checks or balances along the way. Mediocre assistant coaches, old game plan and then he had no real idea on how to modernize it. And the Board and prez had no plan B on how to deal with Mick.

In other words a classic Catch 22. A Board who didn't know what they were doing and a coach who didn't know he was in the 21st century.

And I spend $2000.00 a year on memberships for the family. I would do it willingly during the so called dark years because I had hope for light at the end of the tunnel. But what does Synners say? The light has been turned off.
Trigg should follow him out the door
I would call a general meeting for all CFC members and let all those interested enough to come do so and have the ENTIRE Board present including Jeannie to answer questions on the current fiasco, including two from me.

1. What is your relevance including contribution to the CFC.

2. What is your knowledge of 21st century football administratively or actively.

Maybe have questions put on notice for the Board to answer with those most common grouped together as there would be sure to be many.

And after saying that, let me say this, I think this post should be for a different thread.
Don't know whether to laugh or cry.
I never thought I'd be pulling out the SAKC so soon
AW, HOW CUTE?!

:lol:
Just a sad day all around. We are a rabble. This needs to be the start not the solution. Full rebuild required and say goodbye McKay, Trigg, Board, Wiley, Buttifant & Thomas
AFL: Steven, did you say to Mikc that you had Eddie Betts stiched up 18 months before it was official?

Triggsy: No.

AFL: Thanks for your time.
Presser at 4.15
I wonder if MM will be there.
What a !@#$ing rabble.

Burning coaches is not the solution.

I worry that Carlton is still the VFL club it was some 25 years ago.

Hey Board, the world has changed.

It now about growing and developing your own.

Stop living past glories. You're a bunch of bloody dinosaurs.
Good
Yes...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave The Man
Been liked: 21 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Hope this false hope for Scum Supporters.

Andy Maher is a Total and Utter Flog
I am Da Man
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

What's the odds he goes on The Footy Show and unloads on everyone!
I'd PAY to watch that shit!

I'm not sure that's allowed on national TV even at the later timeslot
Mick had to be burnt.
Mick knew he wasn't going to be rebuilding when the president stupidly said we would in round 2
Mick from that point in went rogue. The damage was already dinner.
Mick had to be sacked because of where everything was and where he was..
Mick should have been sacked and paid out yesterday..
Look, let's face it Mick seriously underperformed.

Look at this record since the 1987 premiership:

- Walls seriously underperformed
- Jezza seriously underperformed
- Parkin seriously underperformed (by his own admission, the 1995 team coached itself once he had the good sense to step out of the way)
- Brittain very seriously underperformed
- Pagan seriously underperformed
- Ratten seriously underperformed
- Malthouse seriously underperformed
- <inset next coach> will seriously underperform.

So, whether Mick was or wasn't the right coach for Carlton....... Who the flower actually knows???? Carlton certainly doesn't; check out the above!
That post seriously underperformed...
Looking at that list, we've sacked club legends for less. #capper
A disaster from beginning to end.
On the Betts thing...
I hope Trigg and co used the Essendon* shredder.
What odds he is special comments with Bwuce and Denis on Friday night.
Who in footy would give MM a job?
YOU F*CKERS!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mick performed well in the media, and when he's relaxed he is good to listen to. he'll get a job.
He's a born media man and an afl legend coach.
Mick performed well in the media, and when he's relaxed he is good to listen to. he'll get a job.
We should be very forgiving but Trigg & the Gooch have tripped themselves up time after time on this one.
Couldn't run a raffle. All this crap about process and honesty & no quick fixes
What is the benefit of all this
Payouts?
John Barker as coach
prob get into trouble to double posting (caption this thread) but flower it, how many days to you get to do this...
On Betts' contract offer:
Too many trippers on this board, all we had to do was match it - we decided not to so how TF is it right?
Gone OK but the excess Bagagge he brought to the Club are still here!!!

Can someone please Sack Daisy, Jones & Tutt and maybe Bokhorst for that matter??

Let's Start Fresh!!
Ouch, me thinks the media will be on a feeding frenzy for us but ultimately mostly the ego himself
I think the media will be mostly sympathetic to Mick... It suits the narrative.
Though feiney on sen will get stuck into Mick. He's the peoples football person on the radio.
Lol... Finey, the Ray Hadley wannabe :lol:
Would need to get significant change on the board happening before Trigg could even be looked at. He's appointed by the baord after all.
There was a process MJ, the ego just couldn't help himself.

We may be burnt but I reckon it will be open duck season by many in the media on Malthouse
Next stop ...... the Board Room

Needs a spring clean, new paint job, new furniture and new people to sit in it
BURN IT DOWN, TO THE GROUND!!!

MLG and Triggsy will be like lambs to the slaughter at the presser. Going to be very interesting viewing.

Shame I'll be in a @#$%&! meeting! :lol:
eliza sewell @ElizaJSewell
Dale Thomas clearly upset. No comment about Mick's sacking accept to say he got a parking ticket so been a pretty crap day @superfooty
"accept"?
Heard Judd on the radio as he was coming out of the club.
Said that Mick spoke to them and spoke with dignity.
Said his thoughts were with Mick and his family and was fully supportive of the club and will get behind Barker.
MICK IS SACKED BY THE BOARD BUT WHO IS GOING TO SACK THE BOARD FOR US?

ALL IT SEEMS LIKE A SCAPEGOAT TO ME- LET'S ALL BLAME MICK SO THAT THIS USELESS BOARD CAN GO ON MAKING THEIR MILLIONS FROM THE POKIES BUT STUFF THE FOOTY CLUB- THIS IS A BUSINESS VENTURE!!
Blaine wanted to sakc Mick before Carlton even drafted him !

Maybe he'll flourish now that Mick is gone ...
Andy Maher hinted on radio this morning of a board challenge.
The Board Challenge will probably be headed by myself... I have contacted one of my Uncles in the Emirates- he is a Sheikh you know... he agreed to lend me a couple of billions-just lazy money... But that should do the trick!!

Who wants to jump on BOARD? LOL
Andy Maher lol
Good.

Next step, board challenge.
I am glad to see him go but I think he should have been treated with a bit more respect.
@#$%&! him.
He didn't need respect really.
The club needed to organize itself better
For any Supporters that wants to feel bad or sad for Mick, please don't. The Guy has clearly been saying on Radio all Year that he Won't lose Sleep over what the Board does and Whether he gets Sacked or not!!

He has to be held accountable for the Destruction of our List in the last three years which includes the removal of Betts, Waite, Gartlet & Laidler!! plus the miserable plan to recruit mature age Rubbish that can't even play the Game!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

I am so happy right now :lol:
yin-YANG

Post by yin-YANG »

Love us or Hate us... we are Collingwood - you can't ignore the Mighty Magpies!!!
mandy

Post by mandy »

At least we gave him an opportunity to end his career with dignity and respect. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost....

But seriously, what a damn rabble Carlton are.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
Golden Gordon

Post by Golden Gordon »

Now I hope that the AFL find that the Crows and Trigg were implicated in the Betts deal 18 months before the end of his contract. Slug both clubs for salary rorting and kick Trigg out of the game for good. Let's hope that at least comes out of this debacle.
You can keep your Locketts. There was only ONE Gordon Coventry!
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 116 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

MM parting shot at the scum was to say in the public forum that Betts was signed 18 months out from the end of his scum contract when Trigg was CEO at the crows the AFL are going to be investigating these new allegations.
Lol Mick said Trigg told him they signed Betts early which is against the AFL rules.
Be interesting to see what happens now Trigg has a suspension hanging over his head and MM generally doesn't make huge statements like that without knowing he is right.
I hope someone stumps up a load $$$$ for MM to commentate this Friday nights game.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

The CEO and President say they are rebuilding yet they've supposedly assured their two biggest under performers (Gibbs & Murphy) that they are safe and won't be traded.

This really sums up the incompetence of this board and administration.

Their highest paid player can't get a kick and hasn't played a decent game since he went there. Their list is the worst in the AFL clearly.

Today was the end of the Malthouse era but if they think that things will improve now they are sadly mistaken.

There is a lot more pain to come for Carlton. They are at the bottom of a very deep hole without a shovel.

They will not learn. They will continue to allow rich power brokers who don't even live in Melbourne to run their club and they will continue to allow their board to be populated by people only interested in using board membership as a vehicle to improve their careers.

Kernahan was a good bloke apparently but not a President's arsehole. This latest bloke is so far out of his depth it's not funny. True to form they employed a bloke as CEO who is a convicted salary cap cheat (with a suspended sentence still hanging over his head) and more questions to answer over the Betts issue).

You reap what you sew Carlton.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Jezza
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 325 times

Post by Jezza »

Carlton's BigFooty Special in regards to Mick's Sacking!! :lol:
Don't even know what to feel.
Our club truly is a shambles at the moment.

The mobsters running the show better get the next one right...
The mobsters have been running the club for 151 years! It won't change now :lol: :lol: :lol:
M-Lo should **** off too. How embarrassing!

Mick will coach until the end of the year
Mick will coach until the bye
Mick will...ahh...Mick's been sacked.
Barker interim HC and if he gets the job for 2016 i will go crazy.
I hope he gets the job permanently! :lol:
:(
I know the feeling as well! Pity we can't watch Mick destroy Carlton even more! :lol:
Independent selection committee?

How do we define independent?
They've been independently selected by Bruce Mathieson
Trigg is saving the board through this presser.

He certainly knows what to say and how to say it.
Agreed such a disgrace!
Such poor treatment for tthe past 3 coachs, who would actually want to coach us now?

Would have loved to be a fly on wall during Malthouses sacking.
Trigg was very much pro-Malthouse and I may be wrong, but this may not be easy for him.

The circumstances didn't come about for his doing.
May you live in interesting times ...
They are all to blame

Mick wasn't the one who said after R2 we are rebuilding, granted though he is on record during the year saying the list is poor

But my point is Trigg is now toeing the company line
A club with no direction and in the depths of despair! :lol: :lol: :lol:
someone in the media please ask a tough question of the board's accountability....please!
I get the impression Mick knew he was a dead man walking, but decided to leave the joint with his pride intact somehow by throwing a grenade in his GuessEN interview this morning. He has actually killed two birds with one stone, by getting the Crows and Trig mired in controversy. There was a Machiavellian Mischievousness to it that I can't help but laugh at
......and last year.

.........and in 2013 he said the list was incapable of implementing "his" game style.

So, Micks been on the same track for a while.
Seems like only 2 and a half years ago i was posting in the goodbye Ratts thread.
And Daisy?
Who's going to do the pre-match kick to kick with him now? :P
I feel a little numb. Despite his grumpy old man routine at press conferences, he's been part of the furniture...

I was against extending his contract unless we had a clear direction to future success and onfield improvement over 7 1/2 wins. With the man himself aiming at 10-11 on the ladder this season, I had some optimism he'd prove me wrong and be reappointed. It has inexplicably unraveled over the past month where we've gone from merely outplayed (vs Essendon) to rock bottom of passing the ball backwards (vs GWS). A shattered man at press conferences with no direction on how to resurrect our onfield performances was now being hounded by hacks from 3AW and Seven on why the board hadn't sacked him yet.

Change was needed but if the board backed him until the end of the year, "let's sack him during the bye week" was a crappy, gutless, outcome.

So good luck on your 2nd retirement, Mick.
Bye bye Mick. You tried to do what you did at other clubs here but it didn't work out for whatever reason. The players definitely need to shoulder the blame (but they won't) but Mick also made serious judgmenet errors in his time here.
Three things from that press conference:

1. Trigg strikes me as a very good bullshit artist.
2. Our President saying the club isn't in crisis is a farce. What the hell. Seriously.
3. Mick is smarter than anyone running the show at Carlton.
Don't expect to hear anything. Kouta has contacted the club and offered free assistance several times and has not received a response.
Mick went off the reservation. Let's face it he wanted to continue his coaching tenure. The club wanted to analyse his performance as the year went on.
They didn't want to pay him a $1m salary for no reason so they said lets wait until we know your the right man for the job.

Mick slowly light the fire over the last 2
months then went bang on Thursday

Ultimately he was never a great fit and rightly or wrongly I'm glad it's been put to bed!

Was is pretty? Hell no
Embarrassing? **** yes
Do the players get an easy out? Yep
It's sad for him and for us but we MUST move on
Hopefully the players have used their last 'get out of jail free' card.
OK all this crap is over now, lets get to the game and support our club.
Yep let's watch you guys get belted by 100+ points on Friday night. Looking forward to it! :twisted:
Bye Mick.

Sorry that we played like shit on your record breaking night.
This makes me feel really sad.

Sorry for the club and especially sorry for Mick. Unfortunate it had to end this way

We're at another low - hopefully there is some light up ahead
Seems like only yesterday I was posting in goodbye Wallsy thread.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mick

Thanks for nothing
Well Malthouse may think he won the little game of semantics by not officially resigning , but his performance thismorning amounts to the same thing as resigning , so ...

His time in the game will be recorded , but so too will his exits from Collingwood and Carlton ...
I wonder who this bunch of clowns will appoint as our next coach?

Parko? Wallsy? Bick Nick?

Or will they finally realize it is time to join the rest of the clubs in the AFL in the 21st century?
IMO Mick's Eddie Betts comment demonstrates the respect I hold for him. None.

Good riddance Mick. You have rent destructive stupidity on the list, dumbed down the playing group and sent every player, every assistant and every other person at Carlton backwards.
The classic Carlton Coaching Tragedy has been played out once again.

Factions, the airing of dirty laundry..........and the inevitable pride before the fall.

Honestly, we've been there so many times (usually every 7/8 years) that I'm kinda used to it.

Thanks for you efforts MM, never seemed to have everyone on the same page, took a lot of hits for his players, but ranking the list so low after Round 2 pretty much sealed his fate.

Time to move on.
After we get rid of the new bloke any chance of getting a Roos or someone so we can have another high-profile sacking?
I wish we'd sacked him on one game less than Jock's record.

His personal shot at Trigg accusing him of breaking AFL rules with Betts was just pathetic.

Absolute dog of a bloke who has shown his true colours this year.
So do I but I suppose Jock will always go down as a 'legend' whereas Mick will go down as a vindictive and egotistical individual!
At this point in time, I can see us being like Richmond from the 80's to mid 2000's. No stability for coaches, and the board a rabble. Just hoping it doesn't drag out for the best part of 30 years.
I'm hoping it does! :twisted:
My feelings exactly. Up until today I basically was supporting him (not to retain him next year) but really disappointed in Micks effort today. Let his ego get in the way and unfortunately leaves on a really sour note.

A guy on $1mil could have gone out with a bit of dignity but forced the clubs hand and goes out looking like a spoiled brat.
Only 2 coaches in the last 51 years have gone out on their own terms at Carlton.

RDB and Parkin, and Parko was sacked the first time.
The king is dead. Long live the king!

Ah, for 14 weeks.

And then...

Second verse same as the first
I wonder if Thomas will play on next year now that Mick has gone.
With $700,000 coming his way I'm sure he'll cope! :lol:
Needed to happen, especially after Mick essentially resigned on radio this morning.

What a sad end to an otherwise successful and historic career. Like him or not, clearly there were factors beyond just his coaching ability that have resulted in the dire scenario the club finds itself in. In fact, if a highly respect man-manager cannot motivate the players on this list, then it speaks volumes about where the club is at in its entirety.

This should only be the start of a concerted effort to rebuild the club into something that stands for hard work and determination, and to act to remove elements from the club which have exerted an undue influence on the club by throwing cash at us.

Within the coaching department, Wiley and others need to step away from their roles at the end of the year and allow a fresh start at that level. MLG and Trigg should be looking to remove as many Coterie groups and benefactors as possible from the club or explain to them once and for all that they are to have no more input into decision making at an administrative level. It's with them who I believe the largest portion of the blame rests. This club fell into a toxic mire ever since John Elliott and the culture at a senior executive level is felt at every single strata of the club, most important with the players.

As others have stated, the attitude with which players are conducting themselves in an attempt to protect their own interests rather than for the betterment of the club is concerning, and has obviously been allowed to develop over the years due to the arrogance and capitalistic nature of the executives. It's not a team-first ethos in any capacity and has led to the dysfunctional situation the club is currently in.

I honestly believe unless drastic measures are taken, Carlton may not exist in its current form in a decade. Members will continue to abandon the club (rightly so) and the financial consequences of that will require an AFL intervention. In fact, the AFL intervening may be the very thing that saves the club.
The selfishness he has displayed in doing that is also hypocritical to his team-first mentality that he espouses, and it seems to me that he has been trying to ensure that he is himself well looked after to the detriment of others. I think that is pretty disappointing and something Carlton supporters will not easily forget.
Now you know how Collingwood supporters feel back in 2011!
We are an embarrassment to ourselves in every area of our football club. Poorly handled by everyone. I can't remember being so disappointed in our standing. We are irrelevant and laughable to the rest of the competition.
Embarrassment is an understatement! :lol:

Sort of funny
Goodbye Mick. Sorry it didn't work out. You weren't the main problem, but you were definitely part of it. Aside from turning over the list I'm not sure what progress has come out of this era.

Also, Bruce Mathieson - STFU for all time.

Remember those in 2012 who pushed for Ratten's sacking and Mick's installation? Time for them to be accounted for. It wasn't unanimous - for instance Sticks was rolled.

2012 board: Stephen Kernahan (President), Richard Newton (Vice-President), Jeanne Pratt (Vice-President), Marcus Clarke, Ahmed Fahour, Zac Fried, Raphael Geminder, Adrian Gleeson, Greg Lee, Mark LoGiudice, Craig Mathieson, Luke Sayers and Ryan Trainor.
Mick's early season comments re renewing his contract were self serving.
Some team selections have been dumb. Player development almost non-existent.
Onfield performances by the team have been so far below standard we are a comedy on prime time TV.
His more recent comments were aimed at self preservation and damaging the Board.
Crowds down, memberships stagnant.
You can't delist 40 players. The Board isn't going anywhere.
As much as I wanted MM to succeed, the decision to sack him was as unavoidable as it is logical.
Bye Mick, thanks for trying. Enjoy the games record.
The fact that MM was appointed in the first place pretty much typifies what is wrong with this club.
I'm scared
I'm excited! :twisted:
Mick has been self serving for the last 8 weeks and got what he wanted - a payout.

He's been on a lot of money and should have acted professionally. The club had intended to keep him on at least for the full season, but his petulance in the media and continual forcing of contract issues by the media forced the club to act.

Mick is just as responsible as the board for his sacking.
This club depresses me.
He never beat Collingwood in 5 attempts. Ratts went 2-0 in 2012
Buckley 5-0 Malthouse!
Seriously, WHY THE HELL IS EVERYBODY HATING ON MICK HERE?!!

Yes, I wanted him gone, but I wanted him gone at season's end. The way the board has dealt with this is completely inappropriate.
Malthouse was paid too much for the job, we need somebody that is willing to coach for less.

The club is already under intense pressure based on money and the cap. That is why they are sucking money off us fans for pointless tickets to club rooms and venues. This then becomes one of the many reasons why there is a divide between the club and its supporters.

Carlton was once arguably the most successful club in AFL/VFL history. Now it is the laughing stock of the modern era.
It is hard, supporting a team that is constantly going down the wrong avenue.
Steven Trigg is a joke and is only making the club worse just for what he gets out of it.
The recruiting and development team, the players and the board are just as much to blame, but the media always put the pressure on the coach.
This is a playing list full of, has-beens, list cloggers, softc**** and rejects from other clubs. No wonder Carlton isn't getting anywhere.

This club has ruined the reputation of a record-breaking coach an made him look like a guinea pig in a failure of an experiment.

CARLTON RIGHTFULLY DESERVES TO BE THE WOODEN SPOONERS FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS!!
Spot on with the last sentence!
Not at all happy about Trigg's appointment and he has done nothing to change my mind since he has been there.

Sick of hearing crap like "I feel relaxed", "calling this out" etc in knob management speak he must think is cool.

We need intelligent, clear speaking people leading the club not politically correct wafflers.

And the irony of hiring a CEO who has been pinged for Salary Cap rorting leading out club is definitely not lost on me either!!
Trigg and Carlton are a match-made in heaven! :lol: :lol: :lol:
When they're all to blame, there is no blame. Battle of egos never ends well.

Goodbye Mick.

Must admit I'm pissed off at 600k leaving the club with nothing in return. This is poor governance, prompted by unprofessional behaviour.
The more I saw of Malthouse the less respect I have for him.

Good riddance!!!
At least Mick stayed true to his word when he left Collingwood and said "I could never coach against my boys" and in the 5 times we played the pies, he didn't!

October 7, 2011 -- Malthouse said "I could never coach against 'my boys'" at Magpies best and fairest awards
It's a shame the way it all ended, but Mick put the final nail in his coffin this morning on SEN.
His position became untenable the moment he went on air this morning.

I'm not sure M-Lo could have done much more than what he did. Mick embarrassed the club last week with his rebuild comment and we were forced to act. He only hastened that today.

What I find strange is that he said that he thought it would be hard for him to retain his after Swann and Sticks left, yet he did everything to dig his own grave. I would have thought he'd keep his mouth shut and get through the season.
Trigg is an utter turd, a cheat, a backstabber, walks over those below him, the lowest of the low.

Perfect for Carlton.
WELL-SAID! :twisted:
I don't get the "hate" for Trigg.
I think he's done pretty well since he's been at the club.
We know we've hit rock bottom when Melbourne supporters lecture us on how run a football club!!!!!!
PRICELESS! :lol:
Anyone else feel that this is what Mick wanted all along. It became obvious that he didn't have the will to carry on for the rest of the year. I'm sure that this should have been handled mutually on the weekend, but we even stuff that up.

Also, i'm not sure if i would be happy if we won or lost this week. Feels like that no one had the best interest of the club or us supporters at heart.
Laurel and Hardy make an announcement

fitting for the Joke of a club the two represent

Micks gone, that was the easy one.

until these two and the Board are given their marching orders CFC is shot,

and they kept using these 4 words: Challenge, Respect, Aligned, Process (CRAP)

Finally, our great brains trust made a decision and we are so better off, Barker is now our coach

CFC - bunch of amateurs, this is the best type of people we can attract to this (once great) club is it?

just make sure we don't finish bottom

good thing the weather is looking up

oh, and 15 is a write of and so are the two decades before that Dice man
way things are going, will any of the 95 Premiership side be speaking to each other at the 25 years reunion?
Anyone think Juddy might follow Mick out the door. Clearly the rest of the year will be focused on trying out youth. I would hate that to be true but it does make sense.
Result was inevitable and the decision had to be made imho. Mick simply couldn't get anywhere near the best out of the players he had.

Evidence? .. When the team sinks to the bottom .. things aren't going well. Something must change .. it clearly wasn't working under Mick.

All the best for the future Mick .. he gave it his best shot .. and you can't win 'em all.
Micks hall of shame includes

# Telling the board he believes we
are a top 8 side to get the job

# Making Marc Murphy Captain

# Getting a broken down Dale
Thomas to the club making him
the highest paid player.

# Moving on or doing little to
retain Betts, Waite, Robinson
Garlett

# Finally this morning blaming the
car wreck that is 2015 on injuries
and undermining the board every
opportunity he gets.

Don't blame the board people, they were left with no alternative. Today we begin the long road back.

Mens sana in corpore sano
The board hasnt changed... there might be one new face on it. Also... the board has been operating on instructions from the "rich benefactors" who decide what happens at the club. The board are just a bunch of puppets.
That's the Carlton way! :lol: :lol: :lol:
So if the club comes out in a couple of weeks and announces that after an extensive process by an independent review panel, which they won't have named, John Worsfold is going to be our new coach... you won't think that there is some strange shit going on... especially after John Elliott announced on open mike that he should be our next coach?

And who said that the evil naughty rich guy/girl is even on the board (apart from Jeanne... she would give anyone the willies if you ran into her in a laneway). All it takes is someone like Mathieson picking up the phone and "suggesting" to several of the board members (including his nephew) that getting Worsfold sounds like a good idea. A simple 10 minute phone call from a rich benefactor doesnt interfere much in the day to day running of the club... especially considering that most of the board would be off on their day jobs anyway. Being on the board of a sporting club isnt a full time job.
What a circus that was. A club which has shown little understanding about where it's at and has lived up to it's old methods that have continuously brought us down. You put a person under ridiculous pressure like we did, hold a gun to their head and that's what you get, they crack and it all blows up.

You look at Essendon, sure they aren't a model to follow but they are going a damn side better than us. By all rights Hird should have been sacked and it could have well all blown up. It didn't, it hasn't. Even their fans show more loyalty than ours who refuse to turn up and sign up unless we're world beaters.

We've got a hell of a lot to learn. That was just terrible, unprofessional and poor man management by the Carlton football club board.

The day Carlton FC pulls it's head in. Figures out how to rebuild a list to the standard where it can challenge for the premiership and stops this out dated petty coach management/turnover regime will be the day the club finally breaks into the modern era of football and starts to succeed.

The only signs I've seen of this happening is what the board have been saying. Their actions so far have suggested otherwise.

The fact we can get one of the best coaches and football people in the business, pressure them to breaking point and make them look like an absolute failure says everything about out club.

This change may well work, we may pull this off but we must be a hell of a lot better at managing the pressure on our football department and staff and removing distractions and allowing them to work in a constructive environment than what we have just shown.

Putting a coach who is rebuilding a weak list that is sliding at a rapid rate on performance based criteria to meet to renew their contract. It makes no sense. This is what I mean about all people pulling in the one direction in regards to the rebuild. Becoming bad and losing is part of the process a lot of the time. If you have people at the football club requiring us to be winning, they are pulling in another direction. It's not going to work.

We as a football club, have a lot to learn and a long way to go. Build a good football department with modern ideals and process, that's great but if the board do not have the same ideals and modern understanding of the game then we're in for a world of hurt in the coming decade. Again.

Enjoy Nicksters! Our arch-enemy is rock-bottom now and in the depths of despair far worse than what we witnessed in 2002 :twisted:
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Mossi
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Mossi »

:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Reading all the Scum supporter posts & their misery just fills me with pure joy!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!