#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Museman

Post by Museman »

John Wren wrote:
Museman wrote:
Darkstranger wrote:You know considering where we are in the stage of our development, happy to hold back the gun kids to really develop their game and hunger... Don't want to give away the season but don't want to over play it either..

Moore
Kennedy
Broomhead
Freeman
Scharenberg
Marsh
Degoey
Cox
Ramsay
Give them time.
Yet to accelerate team and game plan development you need these kids playing alongside senior regulars, there is also a point where hunger meets frustration....
Holding back genuine talents does nothing for their development imo.
depends on how you manage the player's expectations. jdg has been here for the proverbial five minutes.
And in that proverbial 5 mins he has earned selection, I would say he'd earned it after 3 mins in fact.
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

Defender wrote:Dr hamstring will **** him up.
No. Different style of runner.

But chin up mate. Not all is doom and gloom in the world.
no second chances
Flashman

Post by Flashman »

Some kids are ready made senior footballers and thrive on playing with men as rookies. JDG looks like one of these to me. He looks to be a full class above VFL level already and has improved significantly week by week and full credit to him. He looks like he has hunger and ambition and a healthy dose of self confidence without being cocky. He's ready imo.

I'm looking forward to him getting another senior game very soon, likewise Ben Ken with a bit more match fitness. The club just needs to stagger the reintroduction of our young studs in a manner that wont unbalance the side and will facilitate their development which is a challenge in itself for the selectors.
Mossi
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Mossi »

Flashman wrote:Some kids are ready made senior footballers and thrive on playing with men as rookies. JDG looks like one of these to me. He looks to be a full class above VFL level already and has improved significantly week by week and full credit to him. He looks like he has hunger and ambition and a healthy dose of self confidence without being cocky. He's ready imo.

I'm looking forward to him getting another senior game very soon, likewise Ben Ken with a bit more match fitness. The club just needs to stagger the reintroduction of our young studs in a manner that wont unbalance the side and will facilitate their development which is a challenge in itself for the selectors.
Spot on Flashman, I reckon JDG would do a lot better at marking contests than White or Blairy, and could easily slot into a forward role where he could begin his AFL career, without the responsibility of the midfield. He obviously does not have the seasoned body of the other two but in that position it isn't a prerequisite.
Brenny

Post by Brenny »

We have Richmond, Gold Coast, North, Melb and GWS as our next five.

With the way this and last round have played out you can't honestly predict how they are going to go.

I don't believe in giving a player one week then he's out for 10. Give the players a good 3 or more weeks. I'd say it may take 1 or 2 games to get the hang of it. By game 3 or 4 you should be able to see if they're up to it.

That's not saying whether they will be up to it or not, but just whilst it's their first season it's a very tough ask.
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey, we want some Bayley!
Duff Soviet Union
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Duff Soviet Union »

Brenny wrote:We have Richmond, Gold Coast, North, Melb and GWS as our next five.

With the way this and last round have played out you can't honestly predict how they are going to go.

I don't believe in giving a player one week then he's out for 10. Give the players a good 3 or more weeks. I'd say it may take 1 or 2 games to get the hang of it. By game 3 or 4 you should be able to see if they're up to it.

That's not saying whether they will be up to it or not, but just whilst it's their first season it's a very tough ask.
That's why I've found the treatment of Kennedy so infuriating. In one week as sub, drop him, in another week as sub, drop him for a few, in one week as starter than another as the sub then drop him again.

I've got a bad feeling we're going to lose him and he's going to be a seriously good player.
"We ain't gotta dream no more"
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

Duff Soviet Union wrote:
Brenny wrote:We have Richmond, Gold Coast, North, Melb and GWS as our next five.

That's why I've found the treatment of Kennedy so infuriating. In one week as sub, drop him, in another week as sub, drop him for a few, in one week as starter than another as the sub then drop him again.

I've got a bad feeling we're going to lose him and he's going to be a seriously good player.
As Dave said, BK re-signed at the end of last year. He can't be too unhappy with his treatment so far. It's pretty well documented that he has had leg issues, which led to fitness issues over the past couple of years, so the corresponding 'treatment' of being in and out, and sub, seems to fit pretty well.

I think you'll find he will get a good run at it this year. His fitness is way better, and it's unlikely that he won't be given a good stretch of games in the seniors once he breaks back in the team.
Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
Dr. Jinx

Post by Dr. Jinx »

Can anyone tell me who No.64 in our VFL side is?
He's got some jets on him and has looked a beauty two weeks in a row
K
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

Dr. Jinx wrote: Can anyone tell me who No.64 in our VFL side is?

Seems to be Jesse Wallin. (Does he look 180cm and 80kg?)
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

K wrote:
Dr. Jinx wrote: Can anyone tell me who No.64 in our VFL side is?

Seems to be Jesse Wallin. (Does he look 180cm and 80kg?)
yep, jesse wallin. ex bendigo gold.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

Waiting for the team sheet.
I would be shocked if he wasn't picked.
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

unleash the kid.
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

what did everyone think of de golden one's game today?
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

Not bad, pretty good, not bad