Welcome to Collingwood Travis Varcoe (Official)

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

SteveH67

Post by SteveH67 »

[quote="Woods Of Ypres"]Varcoe FFS[/quote]

Agreed, total waste of time from the Pies recruiters.

Another QLynch at the Pies, mark my words!
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

swoop42 wrote:http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-15/new-role-for-catturnedmagpie-varcoe

Looks like we'll return him to the role he's best suited to.
More interestingly, we now know the type of player we'll draft:
AFL site wrote:Collingwood will consider using the pick on either a midfielder or a medium-sized forward.

"We will look at what fits the profile of the group," he said.
No tall or small forwards. No defenders. No rucks. Because Ashley Browne says so :?.
Well done boys!
Ev5Magpies

Post by Ev5Magpies »

blackandwhite4life wrote:
simon tonna wrote:T Armstrong, J White, C Young, T Varco.

All soft as butter, all should be playing magoos, all have contracts at Collingwood. WTF?? imagine all of these washouts on the park all at once. it'll be like watching clowns trying to climb a wall with roller-skates on.

Varco???? oh please. another disinterested player on the list.

enjoy your holiday in Baliwood Varco.
You be the judge on the following players for the passion, heart and skills they showed while wearing the black and white against the four newcomers:-

Heath Shaw vs Tony Armstrong
Dale Thomas vs Clinton Young
Chris Dawes vs Jesse White
H vs Travis Varcoe

It's not even close.
3 of the 4 didn't want to be at Collingwood (shaw wanted to stay) anymore so give me Armstrong, Young, White & Varcoe.

I agree the skill isn't there but I'd rather have blokes who want to play for collingwood
Ohhhh the premierships a cakewalk for the good old COLLINGWOOD
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I'm generally in your camp but I would prefer, say, a nice tree fern to Armstrong.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

Pies4shaw wrote:So, a nickname is now required. Some Collingwood supporters have been calling him "Varsehole" for the last few years but I expect that will require some adjustment. Any suggestions?
Mud sticks... sounds like a keeper to me.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
E

Post by E »

Ev5Magpies wrote:
blackandwhite4life wrote:
simon tonna wrote:T Armstrong, J White, C Young, T Varco.

All soft as butter, all should be playing magoos, all have contracts at Collingwood. WTF?? imagine all of these washouts on the park all at once. it'll be like watching clowns trying to climb a wall with roller-skates on.

Varco???? oh please. another disinterested player on the list.

enjoy your holiday in Baliwood Varco.
You be the judge on the following players for the passion, heart and skills they showed while wearing the black and white against the four newcomers:-

Heath Shaw vs Tony Armstrong
Dale Thomas vs Clinton Young
Chris Dawes vs Jesse White
H vs Travis Varcoe

It's not even close.
3 of the 4 didn't want to be at Collingwood (shaw wanted to stay) anymore so give me Armstrong, Young, White & Varcoe.

I agree the skill isn't there but I'd rather have blokes who want to play for collingwood
The comparisons are inaccurate.

It is supposed to be:

Heath Shaw vs Taylor Adams (i think we'll win that by miles)
Daisy vs Sharenberg (let's wait 5 yrs)
dawes vs broomhead or maybe Grundy if you like (aren't we already ahead on that one?).
H V Varcoe (i know who played the better GF in 2011!! - how about we wait until Varcoe plays a few games at Collingwood and H plays a few for the dees before we detemrine who got the better of this trade).

If you recall, we got Armstong with the 7,000th pick in the draft a year or so ago so its not like we compromised our future for him.....
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Welcome aboard Travis. Hope you have a great & successful career at Collingwood.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
burton

Post by burton »

Only this club would chase a player because they played well against us in a Grand Final. Such a bonehead thing to do.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Only a bonehead would think that's the only reason. Not a fan but happy for any Collingwood player to give me an opportunity to support him
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Breadcrawl

Post by Breadcrawl »

In Feb 2011, Jack Spain was still butthurt about our premiership and frustrated that his trolling wasn't getting a lot of reaction at the time.

Funny how posters like this burton and the dog signed up during this period, disappeared for years and are now around, hating on collingwood...

It's interesting to me anyway.
they can smell what we're cookin'
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

Breadcrawl wrote:In Feb 2011, Jack Spain was still butthurt about our premiership and frustrated that his trolling wasn't getting a lot of reaction at the time.

Funny how posters like this burton and the dog signed up during this period, disappeared for years and are now around, hating on collingwood...

Not interesting to me.
Anyway, can someone inform me about the state of varcoe's shoulders?
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
King Malta

Post by King Malta »

thompsoc wrote:
Breadcrawl wrote:In Feb 2011, Jack Spain was still butthurt about our premiership and frustrated that his trolling wasn't getting a lot of reaction at the time.

Not interesting to me.
I don't know anymore than anyone else but he played 23 games last season
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

thompsoc wrote:

Not interesting to me.
They did their due diligence: They went to the homeopath, got tarot cards readings, ate apricot kernels and found through astrology there would be a good constellation of stars. What's not to like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGIbOGu8q0
Last edited by watt price tully on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

King Malta wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

Not interesting to me.
I don't know anymore than anyone else but he played 23 games last season
Yes. He had difficulty in 2012 and 2013 but played the 2014 season. Of course, that doesn't mean both his arms won't fall off when he trains in the Sean Rusling Room.
Flashman

Post by Flashman »

thompsoc wrote:

Not interesting to me.
They're South Australian like the rest of him. :wink: