So we've got pick 5 and 30. Who do you want?

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

STOKA35

Post by STOKA35 »

Would you offer gws pick 5 for Boyd?
E

Post by E »

So has this trade happened yet?
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Yeah. No chance of getting him though
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
neil
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by neil »

swoop42 wrote:I'm not sold on Pickett as yet.

No doubt highly talented but at this stage there appears to be queries over the defensive running side of his game. He's seen as being a bit of a Lewis Jetta type.

Slightly built indigenous small forwards to often seem to go missing in finals as well.

In fairness a lot of small forwards do.

Our record with indigenous boys isn't great either though I guess we need to try and change that at some stage.

Coming from WA the go home factor might scare us off to but that will probably depend a lot on his personality type and whether he has no trouble adapting to Melbourne life.

I have a small theory that our interest in Varcoe could in part be because we have a strong interest in Pickett and perhaps other indigenous players like Garlett or Cockatoo if we retain a pick in the 20's.

Our club is whiter than a roll of sorbent at present outside of Armstrong so adding Varcoe for not only what he offers on field isn't such a bad idea if it helps a Pickett settle in easier to his new surroundings.

I still think if we end up with a mid 20's pick someone like Garlett or Cockatoo might be available who have similar attributes to Pickett so we may go for something different at pick 5.

Of course that theory could be switched and we go for someone like a Langford if we have a pick 25 or so.
Pick 5 for a small forward are you shitting me? Small forwards are second/third round picks.
A quality true mid every time or a great KPF although with Moore it is not a priority this year.
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

Midfielder please. Best available.
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

D Shiel.
Get him.
Great kid. Honest two way runner and great kick.
Would come home given the chance.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Domesticated_Ape

Post by Domesticated_Ape »

MJ23 wrote:D Shiel.
Get him.
Carlton scumbag, apparently. Had Judd's number 5 on his jumper growing up. :roll:
Presti35
Has liked: 393 times
Been liked: 181 times

Post by Presti35 »

MJ23 wrote:D Shiel.
Get him.
MJ, I've noticed you've posted in a few threads about Shiel.

If we got him for pick 5, we've done well. Meaning we'd get Levi, Crisp and Shiel for Beams.

The player I want in the draft is projected to go 1st or 2nd (Petrecca). So we're pretty much no chance to get him. So yeah, for me, getting Shiel would be a massive in for us and a great replacement for Beams along with the others.

Height:181 cm Weight:83 kg, 21 years old. 3 seasons played (50 games).
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

I think I'd prefer swapping pick 5,30 for 8 and 15 from the GCS but not so sure they'd accept that.

If we end up with pick 23 then 5 and 23 for 8 and 15 might be a goer.

Just feel that if we are tossing up between a few players for that pick 5 (Ahern, Laverde, Pickett) it's very likely that one of them will still be there at 8.

At pick 15 we could land a Lamb or pull the trigger on Cockatoo if Hine really likes him.

Personally if we can come away from this Beams deal with two top 15 picks or a pick and a player/s who went top 15 just a couple of years ago we could be coming out further in front.

Anyhow I'll trust Hine to figure out what's the best option for us.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Breadcrawl

Post by Breadcrawl »

Shiel for pick 5?

Dreaming.
they can smell what we're cookin'
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
Presti35
Has liked: 393 times
Been liked: 181 times

Post by Presti35 »

Breadcrawl wrote:Shiel for pick 5?

Dreaming.
You're right. They should throw in Jeremy Cameron as a sweetner. 8)
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

swoop42 wrote:I think I'd prefer swapping pick 5,30 for 8 and 15 from the GCS but not so sure they'd accept that.

Just feel that if we are tossing up between a few players for that pick 5 (Ahern, Laverde, Pickett) it's very likely that one of them will still be there at 8.

At pick 15 we could land a Lamb or pull the trigger on Cockatoo if Hine really likes him.

Personally if we can come away from this Beams deal with two top 15 picks or a pick and a player/s who went top 15 just a couple of years ago we could be coming out further in front.

I understand the logic - but top 5 picks are rare - we haven't had one since Thomas - and I doubt it's a good move. I still have nightmares about Egan and Lewis.
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

Pies4shaw wrote:
swoop42 wrote:I think I'd prefer swapping pick 5,30 for 8 and 15 from the GCS but not so sure they'd accept that.

I understand the logic - but top 5 picks are rare - we haven't had one since Thomas - and I doubt it's a good move. I still have nightmares about Egan and Lewis.
When you factor in Moore and Heeney this pick 5 is more like pick 7 in terms of best available at that selection.

Yes we've made some mistakes like that of Egan but who's to say we would have taken Lewis at 7 anyway?

Melbourne took Toumpas at 4, bet they wish they had selected Wines at 7 so it can work both ways.

And that's the key for me, talent identification and we have one of the best in the business so I wouldn't be disappointed if we could somehow turn pick 5 into 8 and 15 as I think we could very well come out in front with that scenario.

If we end up with pick 23 today then I'm more than happy in keeping 5.

:wink:

Still 8, 9(Moore), 15 and 23 would be awesome. :lol:
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
mattdally
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by mattdally »

How about Peter Wright?
Good chance he will still be available.

Saw highlights of his 29 possession, 4 goal game and he looked like he could be anything.