Its down to Rich or Redden

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

I like what I've seen of Redden. Good clearance winner and very good tackler. The one concern I'd have would be on balance. I'd see Redden as a perfect replacement for Ball or Adams, but Taylor and Jack playing together I'm not so sure about. Not so unsure that I'm against the deal though, it would certainly add some extra toughness to our midfield.

I definitely don't think bringing in both Redden and Greenwood is a good idea, unless I'm completely mistaken about what type of player they are.
Well done boys!
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

AN_Inkling wrote:I like what I've seen of Redden. Good clearance winner and very good tackler. The one concern I'd have would be on balance. I'd see Redden as a perfect replacement for Ball or Adams, but Taylor and Jack playing together I'm not so sure about. Not so unsure that I'm against the deal though, it would certainly add some extra toughness to our midfield.

I definitely don't think bringing in both Redden and Greenwood is a good idea, unless I'm completely mistaken about what type of player they are.
I think a lot should ride on there ability to two way run (the latest buzz term).

If both can do that as well as be hard at it then I don't think it's such a problem.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
melliot

Post by melliot »

Aish is in the mix too according to HS.

Personally I'd prefer Aish as the is so much up side. Where as Rich and Redden are very much near their ceiling already.
melliot

Post by melliot »

Aish is in the mix too according to HS.

Personally I'd prefer Aish as the is so much up side. Where as Rich and Redden are very much near their ceiling already.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

IMO it's wrong to pigeon-hole players as being tough inside midfielders or outside receivers. In truth players have to do both and its as much about the way team structures are set up.
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

Hard to see Brisbane giving up Aish with someone like Redden more a possibility.

To get Aish I think the deal would be more along the lines of Aish plus pick 25 for Beams with the lions to keep pick 5.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Az

Post by Az »

Not sure what the point of accepting Aish and their 2nd rounder would be if he's only a year into the system. Could probably pick up a slightly better talent at pick 5 who is only a year behind him in terms of development. Although I would be happy with Aish, can we afford to add another sub-183 cm midfielder?
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

6 ft 3. 112 games and a good inside & outside player means Redden suits us more than Rich
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

^^I agree, simply on the basis of hardness. We had a fairly soft midfield in 2014. With Adams and Redden leading the way it looks a lot tougher.
Well done boys!
Albert Parker

Post by Albert Parker »

Yep, I'd be very pleased with Redden and pick 5.

Redden can knock up getting the football.
One team, one dream - the Pies and this year's premiership
September Zeros

Post by September Zeros »

inxs88 wrote:6 ft 3. 112 games and a good inside & outside player means Redden suits us more than Rich
Also agreed, it's time to get a little size into the midfield. He has it. Plus he's the right age and has the right number of games under his belt.

I think it was you who posted it inky? And I agreed that my only concern would be if we pick up greenwood as we'll, would we really accommodate both players who would play very similar roles?

Of the two, Which would people prefer?
No Pressure, No Diamonds

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.
Been liked: 45 times

Post by Johnno75 »

AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews reporting that it is Redden most likely.

"It's been revealed that Jack Redden is the player both Collingwood and Brisbane are almost at agreement on to couple with pick 5 for Collingwood's Dayne Beams"
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
mattdally
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by mattdally »

Redden is a gun. Hard at it, aggressive and gets the ball.
Would be perfect replacement for Beams.

Rich is a beautiful kick, but too injury prone.
jdpie1970

Post by jdpie1970 »

By the last third of the season Sidey was averaging somewhere in the vicinity of 16.5km's covered in a game and no one else was in excess of 15km's (for the Pies).
He was the only player for us that was travelling both ways at the end of games. I am not fussed if both Redden and Greenwood are in the same midfield if their 2 way running is strong at the end of games and from what i have seen of them they appear to be strong for an entire game.
winpies
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by winpies »

Well according to the Lepper, Redden is not going anywhere. What a bunch of pricks Brisbane are being about this. You don't get a star without fair return. Seem to be a team of untouchables all of a sudden. Stuff them I say!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/c ... 7081760710
carn the mighty pies!