The not drafting or trading for James Stewart

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

The Weed

Post by The Weed »

Not selected in the final game. Disappointing carnival.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

swoop42 wrote:Don't want him starring at these championships.

The cheaper he comes in the draft the better for us.

On a side note it's going to be interesting to see how the Jack Viney situation plays out.

If GWS offer a first round selection will Melbourne use theres in order to snare him.

God I'd love to see those snow sniffers miss out.
Can't see why GWS won't force Melbournes hand. They bid for Viney and if Melbourne match it then it frees up some other player for later in the first round or even their 2nd round pick. If Melbourne elect not to match it then they get one of the best inside mids in the draft, a guy who is considered a top 5 pick anyway. Hopefully the Dees can string a few wins together in the second half of the season and climb a couple of ladder positions so that there are more clubs below them.
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 135 times

James Stewart to debut for GWS

Post by stui magpie »

The one we let get away. Time will tell whether it was the right call I suppose.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-01/p ... d-as-giant
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

I think it's already a slight mistake. He's been picked up in the draft and will make his debut. Not sure what it was going to cost us, but it was probably going to be less than pick 27.

We must have thought very hard about taking him, especially given he's a genuine KPP at 197cm (though only 80kg at this stage).
Last edited by AN_Inkling on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well done boys!
Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Be Interesting to see if Hine made the Right Choice Passing on him
I am Da Man

Post by 5150 »

Dave The Man wrote:Be Interesting to see if Hine made the Right Choice Passing on him
Some may say that's Hine sight... 8)
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Good luck to the kid. I think the fact we already had a few developing talls (Gault, Hartley, Richmond) probably counted against him. Time will tell.
woodys_world69
Been liked: 31 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

Subbed already. Right choice
woodisgood

Post by woodisgood »

jackcass wrote:Good luck to the kid. I think the fact we already had a few developing talls (Gault, Hartley, Richmond) probably counted against him. Time will tell.
Well that looks like zero from three, so not sure I would have ranked Stewart any lower. It was probably worth a punt but so be it. Wont really know unless and until he puts on some bulk. Way too skinny for KPP and not mobile enough for HFF at the moment.
"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. "

Winston Churchill
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

woodisgood wrote:
jackcass wrote:Good luck to the kid. I think the fact we already had a few developing talls (Gault, Hartley, Richmond) probably counted against him. Time will tell.
Well that looks like zero from three, so not sure I would have ranked Stewart any lower. It was probably worth a punt but so be it. Wont really know unless and until he puts on some bulk. Way too skinny for KPP and not mobile enough for HFF at the moment.
I tend to agree (and I said at the time) that he was well worth a punt. :roll:

As you said, time will tell, and time might embarrass us big time.... :cry:
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Started the game and got 1 kick, 1 mark and 1 handball before being subbed out. Any potential embarrassment looks to be some way off, yet.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

woodisgood wrote:
We'll have to wait and see who gets retained during the draft period before we can make that judgement but as you say, worth a punt, particularly with Moore on the horizon.
SteveH67

James Stewart

Post by SteveH67 »

Someone want to explain why we passed on drafting this kid?

He has starred for the Giants this evening, 3 goals in the first half of the game against the dogs.

Craig must have been disappointed when the Pies didn't grab him.
collie dog

Post by collie dog »

Blame it on our genius recruiter. :P
Rain or hail, I wag my tail
Rexy17

Post by Rexy17 »

The dogs are tanking
B.U.M.S ROCK...That's Ballarat United Magpies Supporters.....Long trip but even longer hangovers!