Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Stupied

Post by Stupied »

Woot! Great start to the weekend!

Also, cast your vote to bring tho thread back to general discussion people!

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=74247
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Two things stood out for me, when the Scum collapse under pressure, in that last qtr like, they REALLY collapse, no half measures. Also, when the game is up for grabs, doesn't dollar daisy go totally missing, nowhere to be seen, just a little squib frontrunner now. LOL
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive
Has liked: 325 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by think positive »

kicked nice goal to even the score

just sayin!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Yeah, nothing wrong with his ankle the pr$ck!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

Stupied wrote:Woot! Great start to the weekend!

Also, cast your vote to bring tho thread back to general discussion people!

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=74247
Thread deleted. Are you damn serious Donny? Seriously, Nicks is turning to shite with all this over zealous moderating.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

when's the next bye ?

we need a spell
Team is playing close to capacity
Carrazzo's disposal is so poor it's embarrassing.

500K yeah?
Yeah...
MLG should make Darren Burgess an offer
Time to see what the kids can do.. McLean, carrots you might get the ball but if you turn it over it hurts us more.
We have some slow thinking players. They just simply process things slower than the more drilled dedicated teams.
Hope the celebrations go well tomorrow night.
Effort was there most of the match

Cameo from Casboult - does he have the motor to contribute all match? Kicking was effective tonight

Judd run out of puff but good for 3 qtrs

Rowe not bad on Roughead given he had no protection (why no loose man in front of Roughead - that's where the ball was going most of the time)

Lots of bombing to contests which Hawthorn loved. Bombing it to Robinson, Thomas, Menzel - fair enough bomb it to Casboult and Waite but it isnt' fair on the smaller types. Robinson dragged in a few marks when it looked like he was gone.

At least Robinson tried to hurt the @#$%&!

Got slaughtered on the set plays again - kick outs/kick ins and defensive stoppages. :wink:
One side very very well drilled ... the other not.

Oh ... to have a Clarkson or a Hinkley.
The effort was pretty good. Our bottom six (or eight) are not AFL standard. We were beaten by a team that was better across the board.

Special mentions for Juddy (he is almost underrated now - callers forget how good he is), Murph tried hard, Gibbs was good, Everitt, Casboult has improved immensely, Thomas in bursts and Rowe was wholehearted.

Warnock destroyed by a spud again. Hit outs to advantage were 10-1 against at one stage.
Still can't believe Judd could keep up for that long.

What the @#$%&! have the rest of these guys been doing?
Good effort just lack the class of the other side. Impressed with coaching and overall structure. MM is getting the best out of players and a commitment each week and we are always in the game. Can't coach for players mistakes.

Obvious against good sides that our ball use and decision making as a group isn't good enough. Something to build on.
Geez Watson is a liability.
Because our depth isn't good enough, we have too many underdone players in the side. Judd tired as you'd expect. Docherty is starting to look like he's hit the wall. Menzel and Thomas are underdone. Carrazzo probably as well, etc.
Incompetence
Yep. Judd as 43 yeas of age is still our best midfielder.
In. Dictment.
Just so slow, McLean.
Horrible mix of plodders. Never going to run out a game.
Pro: we're not Essendon*.
Watson's shank at goal was the momentum killer.
Don't get me wrong, we'd have lost anyway. But that really deflated the team.
Judd still our best player
And that, once again, says it all.

:lol:
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

As an aside, I see this magnificent thread has notched up 150 pages...

...just in time for the Scum's 150th anniversary celebrations (*cough*p!ss-up*cough*) tomorrow night!

Don't you just love it how things work out sometimes? :wink:

MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Could tonight be the making of Casboult? I hope so. :thumbsup:
i think effort is improving...pressure etc

but not having draftees playing from the last 5 drafts and more will kill us

thats how it works
Excellent!
We're becoming a consistent side in terms of effort and non-negotiables. Plenty of individual improvement all over the ground.

Clear out another 25% of the deadwood, a few more docherty and Everitt types and we'll be a good side next season.
Yep, just move on the fringe types, bring a few more fringe types in and it'll all be good! Mick will get us there, no worries, it'll come good! :roll:

Don't be sad don't be blue, jarrod roughead is ugly too
Poetic.

But don't tell me you wouldn't sell Princes Park to have him...
Cons:
Carrots not damaging offensively as his disposal is poor and too slow if running round hunting ball. Why didn't he negate for entirety? Seems he started racking up disposals as soon as Lewis did.

McLean is similar to carrots but doesn't negate. Too often he and carrots turned it over or their nearest opponent took of and they were left watching.

Is it just me or do others think Tuohy & Army have lost toe this season. Last year of they were running with their opponents you be confident they'd run away with it, this season they both seem to be getting leaf to the ball.

Watson was a liability all night.

Warnock should have been the dominant ruck but wasn't and he rarely ran to provide an option when in possession and trailed opposition ruck defensively.

Hill & Puopolo really killed us all night.
Hill has the easiest ride in football.

He's good, can run, is smart but I don't recon he'll get a kick when they play Sydney.

Chris Yarran would get Cyril type accolades if he played for Hawthorn.
We've gone from a team that can't win at Etihad to a team that struggles to win on the bigger grounds like the MCG. Tells you a fair bit about the overall run/fitness of the team at the moment.
Welcome to the world of Butters...
Can't complain about the effort, but beaten by a more skilled, more talented, better drilled side.

We are just consistently unable to defend from kick ins, just does my head in. Ball comes out way too easily, every week teams go coast to coast.

I'm seriously over Carazzo, gets a fair bit of possession but bad user. High, slow kicks, gee, the forwards must love waiting under them. I used to always hope he'd handball, but that part of his game seems to have dropped off now.

I guess we've seen the last of Watson. Couldn't help but feel for the kid, but god he was awful. Army struggled. Brock always seems to fade out of games, not a great user either. Walker looks cooked. Waite a few good things but looks on his last legs. Murphy good, but struggles to stick a tackle.
Ok. The season is now officially dead, so now that the dream is over, can Mick cut the " we will never stop trying to win" BS and start the rebuild.

McLean, Armfield, Carrots, your papers should be stamped. Please please play Graham for rest of year, and any other young guy in the twos who's not injured. These guys have all had their day in the sun, and are way past it now. So many errors.....Armfield is quick but so unskilled....Brock is sort of skilled but sooooooo slow, and Carrots is a blend of both :yikes:

Very sad way to celebrate Mick's milestone and our 150th, but it's a measure of where we are at. If we lift for the rest of the year and finish 11th, I'll spew. We so desperately need to get young talent into this club. To squander that by winning meaningless matches would be a disaster.
Carrots, Watson, etc - Ugh
I feel sorry for Watson.... He might have played his Last game for the Club. For such a booming kick, It's frustrating to see him not develop into a good player. Sad & disappointing :(
The last time we played 4 competitive quarters of footy was probably during Wayne Britain days.

This group of senior players besides Judd and Daisy have never played 4 full quarters in their entire footy career.
Watto cost us about 4 goals !!!
Another on Watson...
He really struggled with AFL tempo after so long in the Magoos, and then just when he seemed to be adjusting to the pace, he missed the soda from 20m that robbed us of massive momentum. I think Livo mkII may have indeed played his last game. And that is yet another terrible waste of a high draft pick. Thanks Hughes for setting us back a decade.
Thanks Wayne Hughes! :lol:
All of our best wins in the last few years have been big comebacks - playing about 2 quarters max. What a joke.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

They are starting to sound more like Richmond fans now, full of delusion and what might have beens, ifs, butts, and maybes. and aint it grand. !!
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 326 times

Post by Jezza »

I'm here...will be back soon! :twisted:
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Jezza
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 326 times

Post by Jezza »

The boys looked burned out. Hopefully they don't treat next week as a rest...
Meh.
2015 we'll be playing great for four quarters
Tell him he's dreaming! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Who else is ready for the Mathieson axe to start swinging
Tonight I realised how many years we wasted with Judd in the side. We spent too many years giving 2nd rate players too many chances, hopefully it ends this year. We couldve built a real team around him but we squandered it
I'm a bit numb from all these 'great efforts' losses - don't really know how to feel atm
My sense is 2014 is pretty much over
Oh really! :roll:
It's going to be 20 years sense we have won a grand final
We have too many passengers
Watson - gone
McLean - gone
Carrazzo - gone
Waite - gone

Judd - STAYS to teach the kids that replace the blokes above how to play.
CH7 playing "Rock The Casbah" whilst showing Casboult's highlights.
If you don'tousp give games now Mick,
Get seriously fkd
We have no bAcklibe structure!.
5 goals i
Lacking some class
C'mon ablues
We won't get near the top 4 until we become more defensively minded.
Too many spectators, too much jogging.
Serious/ If we lose to GWS next week will that be a record for the most losses to the bottom-placed team in a season?
Ugh
Jeez Malthouse is a surly bastard in the presser... funny stuff.
Nothing's changed! :roll:
Currently eating my feelings at brunettis. Sadface.
My Hypothesis:
We've been deceived constantly since 2011 and fans have had enough. 2014 has been a spectacular failure. We haven't built any momentum on or off the field in our 150th year, and by winter fans have had enough. I went tonight, but heaps wouldn't have interest in watching us go down to another top 8 side only adding to our misery.
ENJOY! :twisted:
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Daisy looks like coming good for them, and if Mick wields the axe they'll be there abouts in a few years. Loving this at the moment though :lol:
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Daisy stands out 'cause the rest of them are crap!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
think positive
Has liked: 325 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by think positive »

Hmm, enjoy, but if they had won the last two we would be a lot better off, Im hoping I won't bring this post back at the end of the season!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
regan is true fullback

Post by regan is true fullback »

We play this mob in 2 weeks.

It is better to have them record gallant defeats, like Fitzroy, rather than miracle wins, so when we face them their confidence is low, rather than getting the old arrogance back.

Here's to the "Team of the Century", the team that won 8 premierships without ever rorting the system, that produced more champions, like Craig Bradley, than the New York Yankees (just ask Tim)...

Sadly now, like the 1933 Swans Foreign Legion, just another part of history.