#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

The Pretender

Post by The Pretender »

Probably a waste of time and money...

We have promising ruck stocks anyway...

But we're Collingwood
So

Get Him!
Brenny

Post by Brenny »

^ need to remember, every player in every country somehow is connected to Collingwood; or so the media would have you believe.
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey, we want some Bayley!
The Pretender

Post by The Pretender »

Brenny wrote:^ need to remember, every player in every country somehow is connected to Collingwood; or so the media would have you believe.
Very true... it's not a story unless Collingwood are interested

I'll believe it when we see Eddie shaking his hand
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Worth a shot I suppose, super unlikely to earn a senior spot though, IMO Aussie rules is the hardest of all the codes to learn, just so many different skill sets needed along with a healthy appetite for battle.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

Brenny wrote:
Doc63 wrote:What harm can it do if we give him a go? Just imagine if we pass him up, and he ends up going OK somewhere else?
Luke Hodge, Stevie J... Who else can we name.

I get your point though, but it happens all the time.

Unless teams go for the national draft and if we finish above N-O-R-F NORF, who gets first in the rookie draft?

I'd think north will be our only challenger in this, wouldn't they?
International cat B rookies are free agents. They are free to choose where they play if multiple teams offer a contract and are not subject to the draft.

It's not so much who gets in first, it's what the most attractive offer is.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Brenny wrote:
Doc63 wrote:What harm can it do if we give him a go? Just imagine if we pass him up, and he ends up going OK somewhere else?
Luke Hodge, Stevie J... Who else can we name.

I get your point though, but it happens all the time.

Unless teams go for the national draft and if we finish above N-O-R-F NORF, who gets first in the rookie draft?

I'd think north will be our only challenger in this, wouldn't they?
Draft order doesn't matter with Cat B rookies, you just sign them.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

I'm all for Collingwood taking huge risks. Go for it 'pies, nothing ventured, nothing gained.... :roll:
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Dave The Man wrote:
mattys123 wrote:So North, Richmond and Port are our competitors for his signature.

Yeah, he'll be at Collingwood next year if we want him, simple.
Port is the Only Worry out of those 3 as how good they are at the moment
Yep agree there , they are looking handy. Long way to go yet though!
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
woftam
Has liked: 1 time

Post by woftam »

Lazza wrote:I'm all for Collingwood taking huge risks. Go for it 'pies, nothing ventured, nothing gained.... :roll:
Yeah exactly. No big deal if nothing comes of it.

Post by 3.14159 »

Dave The Man wrote:
mattys123 wrote:So North, Richmond and Port are our competitors for his signature.

Yeah, he'll be at Collingwood next year if we want him, simple.
Port is the Only Worry out of those 3 as how good they are at the moment
[/quote]

A look at life in Adelaide, slumming it with the Roos or getting entangled with Tigers internal strife should be enough to convince him to play at the Pies.
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

Lazza wrote:I'm all for Collingwood taking huge risks. Go for it 'pies, nothing ventured, nothing gained.... :roll:
Except there's little to no risk required in this case. No draft picks required, just a rookie wage and some time and effort into development. It's as close to a zero risk prospect as you can get in regards to player listing. If it doesn't work out then meh, we wasted a few dollars. Big deal.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Stupied wrote:Except there's little to no risk required in this case. No draft picks required, just a rookie wage and some time and effort into development. It's as close to a zero risk prospect as you can get in regards to player listing. If it doesn't work out then meh, we wasted a few dollars. Big deal.
I have the same thoughts, see it as basically no different to drafting a player from a state league, same effort needed to develop just means you are working a little longer, can still go either way in the end if it works it's great, if not no real issue.

We take risks every season drafting and trading, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't so I am all for it if we go for him.
slydog81

Post by slydog81 »

Howd it work out with old mate Shae?

Pass.
We're always up to mischief!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Stupied wrote:
Except there's little to no risk required in this case. No draft picks required, just a rookie wage and some time and effort into development. It's as close to a zero risk prospect as you can get in regards to player listing. If it doesn't work out then meh, we wasted a few dollars. Big deal.
Exactly. Totally agree. Nothing to lose except a few dollars for a big club like Collingwood.

I guess I cant understand the thinking behind NOT doing it......... :roll:
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

slydog81 wrote:Howd it work out with old mate Shae?

Pass.
If Shae was about 4 or 5 years younger, he would have been a simply brilliant proposition. If at all, Collingwood should learn from it and recruit them at a younger age.
Go fot it 'pies!