Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

Stupied wrote:Being reported that Freo will trump the scum for Mitch Thorps services in the second round. All we need now is for McCarthy to be picked up before them in the first round and we can all laugh while they rely on Spider Everitts less talented little brother as a KPF.
Reported where may I ask?

Would be great if true.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Harrysz
Been liked: 4 times

Blues blow it

Post by Harrysz »

Carlton is an ordinary side.
If you look through their list objectively (hard to do when you despise them, but stay with me on this) it becomes obvious that they desperately need a power forward.
On Thursday there was a thing called the AFL National Draft. Teams got the chance to select players in a particular order.
There was a guy available called Cameron McCarthy. He's tall, fast and takes a great mark. He would've been ok in black and white but it was hard to pass up Scharenberg and Freeman.
McCarthy would've fitted in perfectly at Carlton. So who did they choose? A slow midfielder to partner Brock McLean.
They could've taken a punt on Marsh, but no, that was too speculative for them.
Carlton is an ordinary side and will remain so for a long time, unless.....
they somehow recruit Derek Hine.
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

Bring a smile to my dial.

It's obvious that they have no idea.
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

I note too the old bloke never did the clean out he promised, aside from Thomas, they have stuck with their oldies like Scotland and Waite. And losing Betts is a big blow IMHO, Betts used to worry me, he always got at least two goals against us, and set up others, they will miss him. The old man is looking for a quick flag, as he is on borrowed time, but he will find out he does not have the talent, Judd is nearly rooted, they will be shit lucky to make the 8, then out, then Madhouse gets sacked. Lovely !!
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

The pre-draft intel was that Mitch Thorp was going to be their new key forward selection and that he was a lock as late as pick 51.

The fact that they did not go for either of McCarthy or Thorp shocks me. They NEED another key forward with Waite 31 and made of glass. What are they going to do, keep playing Henderson there, their best defender?

But hey, they got Dale Thoma$, swiped him from right under Collingwood's nose, they humiliated Collingwood, Thoma$ will be their saviour, it'll all be good. :roll:

Looking forward to smashing this mob next year...
Az

Post by Az »

I was gob smacked that they passed him up. They seriously think they can spend another year building a forward line around Waite and Casboult it is absolutely hilarious. I guess we now know the massive cull Malthouse was alluding to was just a scare tactic and failed miserablely - good luck trying that again as now they know he's all smoke and mirrors. If I were a carlton supporter I would be friggin furious right now (I thank god every day that I'm not)
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

probably will look to bottoming out this year
to get the cream next year. the old fool got
them in the eight this year and like a school
yard bully said to sticks "told you so," even
with a little help from the capitalists. :shock:
no second chances
neil
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by neil »

Happy to read about bad things happening to the scum

Want more
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
4everpies

Post by 4everpies »

They will probably pick up Mitch Thorp in the PSD/Rookie draft. Hope they don't, but at 194cm/94kg he's not really a KPP.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

4everpies wrote:They will probably pick up Mitch Thorp in the PSD/Rookie draft. Hope they don't, but at 194cm/94kg he's not really a KPP.
Some speculation from Sam Landsberger just now that they won't. It seems their logic is to wait until next year to snare a tall in a draft projected to be chock full of them. Good if you're rebuilding. Not so much if you're in the race for a flag next year...
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

Thought this thread needed a bump given the clowns down at price fixer park overlooked not only McCarthy, but also Thorp last night in favour of another slow midfielder.

My scum supporting mate is vomiting. :lol:
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Stupied wrote:Thought this thread needed a bump given the clowns down at price fixer park overlooked not only McCarthy, but also Thorp last night in favour of another slow midfielder.

My scum supporting mate is vomiting. :lol:
And you can even add Marsh, Brown and I suppose Conlon as well.

Their logic seems to be wait until next year's draft, which is projected to be chockers for quality talls.

But it still means another year of Jarrod "really looking forward to getting out on the park, oh no my leg's fallen off" Waite and Levi "my kicking is so much more sh-thouse than Cloke's it's not funny" Casboult, with maybe Lachlan "I really should be down back" Henderson there as well...

Can't win a flag with that mob...

:lol:
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

The only flag they are in the race for next year is the white one.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Is the white one also flag they are in the race for next year?
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

Don't understand the logic of waiting for next years draft with the position they're in. Screaming out for quality talls, they have access to the second best KPF in this draft, and they overlook him? For all they know they will pick up a kid next year as good as McCarthy, with a year less development in him, and have to find another kid further down the draft to fill a KP too. Seems like an idiotic gamble to me.