Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

big fat list cull coming up scottie time to retire mate
Can you imagine what a fully fit Sydney would have done to us tonight? No Goodes, No Tippet, half their list is carrying the seasons pains. We would have been completely smashed.

And we are going to turn it around by the start of next season ....

How?
Nah, don't worry, it'll all come good, it'll all come good. Malthouse is God, Malthouse is GOD!!! :roll: :lol:
Menzel should have played
Yep, 'cause that would have made the difference, wouldn't it?
Must be a record for around the corner kick and hopes
Sydney win a 1 on 3 contest. That's why they're so good.
What, you mean 1 on 3 stooges...
That's what happens when you don't apply pressure.
They do as they want and you're in a crap mindset.
We will we get enough draft picks. We need at least 10. Thats not counting trades either.
Yep, 'cause that'll solve everything, won't it? Oh wait, that's exactly what you've been doing for the last 10 years... :roll:
:yarran:
They outnumber us every time and all over the ground. Clearly evident on the broadcast. Thats work rate. No excuses for that.
When all is lost we continue to go for the boundary.....................cant understand why we didnt change it up.After all,there aint no next week.Strange to say the least,and now im startin' to wonder.
Welcome to our (old) world - Planet Malthouse.
EVERYONE IS @#$%&! SLIPPING OVER
Beaten by a team that wanted it more and gave us a lesson in finals football.
Better team that was embarrassed last week. How did we think we could win
Of course there are idiot posters who think its all Micks fault

Just wait, won't take long

It's got nothing to do with hardness and intent, desire to run and run and run, tackling ability. I mean the uncontested possession count is meaningless
lacked class and polish with the ball, no true forward to kick too which has been the same issue for 3yrs
No heroes.
Bring on the trade and draft period
What do you have to bargain with? ALL YOUR PLAYERS ARE EITHER SH-T OR FINISHED!!! :twisted:
Thirty nine tackles for the night.

That's your work rate right there.
Forget about long kicks.

Can't win if no work rate
The so called leaders who stood up last week - Murphy, Gibbs, Waite, Betts, Robinson - were AWOL tonight

That's fine if their ambition is to be winners in the first round of finals

I actually think they need to start over. They have weaknesses all over the ground. Jamison and Walker down back are insipid tacklers. You can't win premierships with such poor tacklers down back. That's just the tip of the ice berg. Up fwd we have the problem with the amigos, who are soft, inconsistent, and can't run through the middle. In midfield we lack depth because the club have failed to read the landscape by neglecting to prioritize midfielders in their recent drafting - our emerging mids are all B Grade talent. Malthouse might be our Roos - not there for the long haul, try and build a culture for the future but that's about it.
Finished ninth and schooled on finals football by a top four team

We got carried away with the Richmond win... We're way off the mark
Looked flat and out classed need massive changes this list is just not good enough
So flower disappointed. They were vulnerable and even suffered two early game ending injuries (offset by one of our own). Yet they wanted it more and outworked us by a country mile. In a different league.

Let a massive opportunity slip due to our own incompetence. That hurts. At least it should.
Beaten by a better team on the night. Yes, they had one less interchange, but we were coming off a six day break versus eight days.

Interesting that we were scoreless in the third quarter, and they were in the last.

The third quarter is the premiership quarter, as tonight demonstrated.

Sydney had the hardness and discipline we lacked.
Stuff this I'm off to the list management thread.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:twisted:
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

Malthouse might be our Roos - not there for the long haul, try and build a culture for the future but that's about it.
Yeah, get him to build up a great culture, just like the one he left Bucks with.... :roll:
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Soooo much "kick and hope".
I've never seen a game in which we soccered the ball so much.
Almost as if they were too frightened to pick it up for fear of being tackled.
I thought the swans were good, we made them look better. Freo will beat them by 6-8 goals. Better them than us.

Disappointed not one Blue stood up. Henderson has been our MVP this season.

Judd has one more year, scotts is done and there's another dozen who are not up to afl standard or dont fit our new system.

By the way, what is our system? After one full season, I'm not entirely sure.
We were monstered by a team that applied enormous pressure. Even if we were''t under the pump, we expected to be and acted accordingly.
Lots of lessons for players and coaches alike.
just highlighted how inconsistent we are. and have been all year. win a few. lose one. rinse. repeat.
we just don't execute under pressure, either by foot or hand

the amount of long bombs with no purpose was ridiculous

this list just doesn't have what is required to win a premiership, we have known this for 18 months

need to find midfielders who can run all day and have good foot skills under pressure, otherwise we will continue making up the numbers
The simple fact is we were never going to have a better opportunity to beat this team. Key players missing, fewer rotations, others out of form or proppy, and overall the team rating near the bottom the previous weeks in KPI's they normally excel in.

But they have belief, they have commitment and they're prepared to leave absolutely nothing left in the tank. We still pick and choose too often when we want to show these attributes ourselves.
Way too many one dimensional players. Can do one thing and hack up anything else.
Or do one thing and are too focused on that only to do anything else.

It's blokes like Armfield, Curnow, the amigos, etc that fit this description. That holds us back heaps.
I know Mick is a divisive issue and I don't pretend it is all his fault. But what is our system, our structure, our game plan? What process is he teaching our players? I'm still not sure after a whole year.

Semi final tonight and we looked beyond ordinary. If the work rate is there and you can at least identify what we are trying to do it mightn't be so bad. Can't say we did any if that tonight. I expect more from our players.....and our coaches.

Interesting off season coming up.

Betts and Scotland's last games for the club? Yarran?
Still... We're not Essendon*. Or Richmond.

Things are looking up.
Stinker of a game. Terrible ground for football and its shape didn't suit us and surface really threw us.

Having said that we didn't really put in and Horse clearly outcoached Mick.

We can't play Casboult and expect to win against decent opposition. It won't happen. Even with an extra player.

Got nothing from too many players and our system when playing to one is terrible. One of the worst in the league. Tonight when we threw it out the swans were too clever to let us get away with it.

Lets hope won win against the Tigers is not enough to change the view of our list.
LET THE CLEANOUT OF THE CLUB BEGIN
Like cleaning out the Augean Stables... :lol:
The Pretender

Post by The Pretender »

Quote:

Noooooo... Really???
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

I knew the Scum losing tonight would restore the faith here on Nicks.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

ANNODAM wrote:I knew the Scum losing tonight would restore the faith here on Nicks.
Did you go to church last night? See prayers are answered.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Yarran got 23 touches. How did that happen? :sly:
Disappointing way to finish but the finals sum up our year. Just too up and down.

We simply should have done better given their injuries going into the game.
Time for Micky to use that broom. He has been itching to use it and clean up rattens mess. Enough of the hbf types and more mids required.
Mick haveing a go at the lack of midfielders on the list
Carlton FC ‏@CarltonFC 1m

Malthouse: "I thought Chris Yarran had a good night tonight."

Cue the "he's only keeping his price up"
At the press conference Malthouse has stated that our midfield is not physical and hard enough

He mentioned he needed 5 new midfielders

He mentioned 5 to 10 picks to get new players

He will not go the quick fix for MM

Swan Hughes and Rodgers should all accept responsibility for this situation and all resign.
Should have played at Skoda
We didnt play well tonight yet only lost by 24 points and had more scoring shots.
Swans will get slaughtered next week.
Junk. TIME.

:lol:
mandy

Post by mandy »

This was almost my favourite game to watch for the whole year!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

What does "this" refer to?
Jezza
Has liked: 236 times
Been liked: 326 times

Post by Jezza »

Justice has been served. The Scum played like a team who finished in 9th spot. Oh well they laugh at us for finishing one week ahead of us, but they'll receive a lower draft pick than us, overrate there list which will prolong their misery and in the process have a more difficult draw. What more could you ask for :lol: :lol:

MB - Fantastic quotes yet again. TankingCarlton never fails to impress on these occasions :twisted: :twisted:
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

The Pretender wrote:Quote:

Noooooo... Really???
Anyone see dave hughes and that prick Maher on before the game last night. ? They were insufferable to poor bloody Molloy, really gave it to him in spades over their win over his hapless tigers, just sheer gloating and laughing their damn heads off. The two dickwads got way, way ahead of themselves, and must have thought theyd actually beat the swans. Love to see their demeanour now, molloy should ring em up stirring.

AND to Domiic on SEN, huge scum fan, who said " Maaaaattee, we are truly DE SIDE to beat for da FLAG !! -after the win over tiges- well dominic ol son, hard cheese ol boy, now go and get stuffed, like your wanker loser team of underbelly crims. :!: :P :P :P 8)
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Retarded thread, admin should have deleted it.

Laugh at the scum all you want, that's if you have the lung capacity after laughing at us.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 172 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^^^ Since seeing the Blooz kept scoreless in a quarter of a final for the first time in 54 seasons was a little like Christmas, I suppose it was inevitable that someone would say "Bah, humbug"....
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

I see the old fart was up to his ol tricks again, blaming only his players, nobody else, never himself, just heaped scorn on his mids. He has real form here, just ask many of our guys from 2011 GF, and others like Jason cloke. He is just sheer bloody poison. DONT go near him daisy, stay as far away from him as you damn well can mate. !!
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Flashman

Post by Flashman »

Piesnchess wrote:I see the old fart was up to his ol tricks again, blaming only his players, nobody else, never himself, just heaped scorn on his mids. He has real form here, just ask many of our guys from 2011 GF, and others like Jason cloke. He is just sheer bloody poison. DONT go near him daisy, stay as far away from him as you damn well can mate. !!
He's a narccisistic old goat.

According to Mick he's never been wrong, he's always done good by everyone and he's always been the victim when things have gone against him.

I was disgusted with his comments re Jason Cloke in 2003 and never forgave him for them and he reverted to form again after 2011. The whole "my boys" thing was pure bullshit as he couldn't wait to dump on those boys quick smart after the 2011 disaster.