Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

woftam wrote:
Defender wrote:Who cares, the Cats will smash em next week, and we get their draft pick to boot!
They play the Swans in Sydney mate. :wink:
My mistake, was thinking about us lol.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
woftam
Has liked: 1 time

Post by woftam »

ANNODAM wrote:They play SYD & if they win then play FREO don't they?
Yep.
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

Defender wrote:Who cares, the Cats will smash em next week, and we get their draft pick to boot!
No Carlton plays the wounded Swans in Sydney. They are a real chance. Sydney is tired and Carlton's second half comebacks are starting to tell.

Geelong gets Port.
piedys
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by piedys »

Big T wrote: Mick did what he does best. Backs against the wall win interstate. Credit where it is due.
Damn right T, rolled Port at Moron Park, backs it up with another win over the Tiggers. It's just what Carlton do - jam it up Richmond in finals.

MM: gets the absolute best out of mediocre players.
Buckley: gets absolute mediocrity out of the best players.

Kernahan looked like he was going to spew when Bitchmond got 5 goals up in the 2nd quarter. And Bitchmond fell for their own self importance and thought they could waltz it in. FAIL! :shock:
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

MagpieBat wrote:You know, this is almost as good a result (spit!).

Think about it: a finals berth gives the Bloozers a false sense of security. Let them think they have the list to win the flag. Let them run around thinking "oh, we just needed to win a couple more games, no need to cull the list, it'll come good, Malthouse will get it for us."

Let them think this list can win a flag, so that they fail to invest in the future and collapse in a heap in the not-too-distant future..
THIS. !!!!! Magpie bat has it all sowed up, very succinct. So, the scum are cock a hoop tonight, let em be. I even heard some deluded dickwad on radio say, after winning tonight, they are truly "THE TEAM TO BEAT NOW" :shock: This is beautiful, as magpiebat says, let the silly buggers think they have a great list, no NEED to rebuild now, no need to recruit much, no need to trade eddie fleabag, no need to change now, all is rosey all is sunshine, all is well in the world. Let em delude themselves, stick with the same crap list, and next season they will fall flat on their arses. ! AND, they wont have druggie essendoper to help em make the finals, again, either. Plus, today we got their early draft pick, so lets just let em delude themselves, for one more week, and we can start next season now. :!: :idea:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
selkevh

Post by selkevh »

Good old Carlton.

With a sh@t list they now get the higher draft pick and tough draw for next year.

I'm happy :-)
A strong man stands up for himself ... a stronger man stands up for others.
Sir Alan of Didak

Post by Sir Alan of Didak »

In hindsight, what a slightly ridiculous 100+ page thread this has turned out to be. For the first time this year, I'm going to post something in it by stating the bleeding obvious...that Carlton have officially finished HIGHER than us in 2013. Let's not get delusional and shy away from this all-important FACT. Collingwood's finishing position is a failure, Carlton's (even if they "hopefully" lose next week) a pass. Should Carlton win next week and progress to a Preliminary Final (as I suspect they will), then they can rightfully consider their year to have been a success. And progressing even further will have the scum in raptures. The many Carlton fans who right now are jumping on Nicks, shouldn't have the pleasure of reading any of this post their defeat of Bitchmond earlier on today. Banish this thread to the confines of history...
Last edited by Sir Alan of Didak on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Give Bucks a bit of a go mate, because when Bucks was the captain he carried that team for you, he played his guts out for you�
Breadcrawl

Post by Breadcrawl »

Carlton have won themselves a tougher draw next year
they can smell what we're cookin'
Nick - Pie Man

Post by Nick - Pie Man »

Can't wait till next week when the Swans put the scum back in their box.
Duff Soviet Union
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Duff Soviet Union »

Sir Alan of Didak wrote:In hindsight, what a slightly ridiculous 100+ page thread this has turned out to be. For the first time this year, I'm going to post something in it by stating the bleeding obvious...that Carlton have officially finished HIGHER than us in 2013. Let's not get delusional and shy away from this all-important FACT. Collingwood's finishing position is a failure, Carlton's (even if they "hopefully" lose next week) a pass. Should Carlton win next week and progress to a Preliminary Final (as I suspect they will), then they can rightfully consider their year to have been a success. And progressing even further will have the scum in raptures. The many Carlton fans who right now are jumping on Nicks, shouldn't have the pleasure of reading any of this post their defeat of Bitchmond earlier on today. Banish this thread to the confines of history...
Mate, I could not give the slightest of shits. I think the "all-important FACT" is that we finished 4 spots on the ladder ahead of them, despite playing a much tougher draw, despite a much younger list and despite a much worse run with injuries.

But because they played well in one game which they did absolutely nothing to deserve to be a part of, and because we played badly one day before, we even get a higher draft pick than them.

Who cares if they "officially" finished higher than us? Is there a difference between 6th and 8th? I can't see it. We won more games and we get a better draft pick and an easier draw as a result.

So yeah, I'll laugh at Carlton. HAHAHAHA
"We ain't gotta dream no more"
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

Once we lost last night the scum winning today was the best result for us and has handed us a top 10 draft pick.

Let's hope Carlton wins next week and they get sent down the draft order even more because they'll get thrashed by Freo and wake up the next day with the reality they finished ninth with a list light on for depth and a couple of wins doesn't mask that fact.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
TheJonesBoy

Post by TheJonesBoy »

Why is everyone banging on about us getting a Top 10 draft pick...like its some guarentee to a future Superstar or 3 time Brownlow medal winning premiership captain?!? Deluded.

Draft picks are always a gamble....for all you know we might bring in a dud, another Billy Morrison. Yes its a nice little bonus, but doesnt make up for another wasted campaign.

I prefer to live in the here and now, and as it stands, whether they "deserve" to be there or not....Carltons season is still alive, while we are banging on about what might happen in 2014 which is 6 excruciating months away.

Pretty depressing if you ask me, and I'd imagine all the laughter is heading in our direction right now!
The Pretender

Post by The Pretender »

TheJonesBoy wrote:Why is everyone banging on about us getting a Top 10 draft pick...like its some guarentee to a future Superstar or 3 time Brownlow medal winning premiership captain?!? Deluded.
!
Yes draft picks are a gamble... but they certainly reduce the odds.

Brodie Grundy didn't go top ten, and he's turned out OK.

I'm happier with Hine having a top ten pick, and us having a better draw next year.

Would we have all rather won? Of course.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

The Pretender wrote: Brodie Grundy didn't go top ten, and he's turned out OK.

I'm happier with Hine having a top ten pick, and us having a better draw next year.

Would we have all rather won? Of course.
Hine nearly choked when he got the chance to say Grundy. :lol:
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

I think enough talk about the Scum.
Let's just leave it for now & bump this up when they lose again.

And when they do lose, peace will be restored once more.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!