Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

Notice how the maggots put the whistles away in the second half to the Scum's advantage. I would think the AFL was desperate to have Carlscum make the finals and NOT North. Big money whether they play Richmond or us. Well done Dimmy. :twisted:
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

MagpieBat wrote:You know, this is almost as good a result (spit!).

Think about it: a finals berth gives the Bloozers a false sense of security. Let them think they have the list to win the flag. Let them run around thinking "oh, we just needed to win a couple more games, no need to cull the list, it'll come good, Malthouse will get it for us."

Let them think this list can win a flag, so that they fail to invest in the future and collapse in a heap in the not-too-distant future..
Ahhh, some lateral thinking eh magpiebat, I like it, I like it, yes very deep, and very good, damn good in fact, let them get cosy, lazy, and not rebuild. Well thought out, and damn good prophesy, good one. :idea: :!:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
sixpoints

Post by sixpoints »

ANNODAM wrote:Who cares?
Who ever we play, we'll beat, it's week 2 I'm concerned about...
Spot On!

What's all this dribble worrying about who we will play in the finals?
We are Collingwood, we take on all comers. Let them all be feared of us!!
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

sixpoints wrote:
Spot On!

Let me guess, you are under 30, and weren't even around in 69 70 72 73 79 81 seasons :?: They were seasons the scum beat us in finals, three of em GRAND Finals. !! Believe me, from untold heartbreak and experience, I get very, very nervous when we play the scum farkers in finals. And for good reason. ! :shock: :roll:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

When were they?
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

Piesnchess wrote:
sixpoints wrote:
Spot On!

Let me guess, you are under 30, and weren't even around in 69 70 72 73 79 81 seasons :?: They were seasons the scum beat us in finals, three of em GRAND Finals. !! Believe me, from untold heartbreak and experience, I get very, very nervous when we play the scum farkers in finals. And for good reason. ! :shock: :roll:
Picked the wrong day to give up glue sniffing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

jack_spain wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
sixpoints wrote: Spot On!

Picked the wrong day to give up glue sniffing.

:lol: Not far wrong Jack, we Pies vets have been thru one helluva lot haven't we, some great times, but by golly, some pain and a trail of tears too, courtesy of the bluebellie turds, always them. :cry: :roll:

Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

What

Post by Hiss »

My neighbour just said that we will be playing Carlton in the first elimination final. So help my jesus, if they beat us I will kick the doors of our social club down.
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
Piesnchess

Re: What

Post by Piesnchess »

Hiss wrote:My neighbour just said that we will be playing Carlton in the first elimination final. So help my jesus, if they beat us I will kick the doors of our social club down.
Yeh mate, and I will bring an axe, and Jack a crowbar arrrrgggggghhh !!!! :evil: :evil:

thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

Piesnchess wrote:
sixpoints wrote:
Spot On!

I remember those years too and hence do have a pathological fear of the Scum come finals. Not even knocking them out in semi finals in 78, 80 and 83 make up for the GF losses.

Realistically if we end up playing the Blues next week, I would expect to win and win well, but the demons of years gone by still come back to haunt me.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

We'll beat the Scum if we play them, you mark my words.
This is our best chance!

On a lighter note, I wish I was under 30!

I too lived through the horror of the 70s & 80s.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
sixpoints

Post by sixpoints »

Piesnchess wrote:
sixpoints wrote:
Spot On!

I wish I was still under 30 !
But I was at all those finals games v Carlton too. I've got it at 6-4 to the Scummers. Bring em on. I want to even up the score.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Richmond doing the right thing by us and flogging the Dons.

I'd rather a beaten up Port @ the MCG than a pumped up Carlton no matter what anyone says about "beating whoever we face" etc. Something about Carlton makes me nervous when they play us... and I was born in '79 and avoided all that crap.

Just seen them do us at times they had no right to a few times already.
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

sixpoints wrote:
I wish I was still under 30 !
But I was at all those finals games v Carlton too. I've got it at 6-4 to the Scummers. Bring em on. I want to even up the score.
Think it may be 7-4 the scums way.

There was also the 1988 qualifying which they beat us in.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Fancy a trip to Perth in week 2 do 'ya?
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!