Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

MagpieBat wrote:
I think a fair few sleep with the lights on.
On tonight's performance Eddie would get $86k per possession, good work if you can get it :mad: :mad:
That last quarter was a disgrace. Game up for grabs and we didn't give a yelp. Unacceptable.

The bottom line is this playing list is not good enough. They've proved it time and again. How often do we win a crunch game? How often to we beat top 4 sides?

Breaks my heart but its the 'long game' for us now.

The sobering thought is, based on current performance, how many actual A graders do we have? Do we have any?
Sorry guys but who was expecting anything different??

This is the same story it's been for the past 2-3 years.

Our best players are soft/lazy, whilst our worst players are the ones with the heart. Having a few wins over bottom feeders didn't change anything, the list are flat track bullies.

You can't polish a turd - and I'm very glad Malthouse has realized this.

I tipped freo by 30 - because I watch Carlton every week and we all know the problems. Knew it was going to happen, just sucks seeing it unfold.
Well that's the season done.
Start the cleanout this week.
MM will be our 3rd coach in a row to realise the hard way how cr$p a defender Gibbs is. Play him fwd even. Our fwd line is either tall or small. We need a Gunston type. Murph with another horrible captains game. Tex has lost the plot. Throw in the midfield for a couple of weeks. Pass on Eddie for this next contract. Not good enough anymore to hold his place.
Very disappointed with tonight's game. We had the opportunity to make a statement and we squibbed it. Freo shut us down in close, we couldn't extract the ball, they could and they hurt us. We were soft, they out-muscled us. Too many passengers!
Retain some sort of optimism that Betts, Yarran and Robinson will be gone at the end of the year.

Resigned to more of Captain NKOTB....
Wow. Hope everyone got a look at our best 22 tonight.
Not lacking in skill and promise, but sorely lacking in effort, heart and desperation.
Too many players out of form.
Same players coming up short.

It's just where we are at.
Simpson should have been made captain.
We shouldnt have a captain.
We should be the first team ever to not have a captain.
Tossing the coin should be a lottery and a member should be drawn from a barrel before every game and that member should call the toss.

That way... the opposition cant target our captain... and make him go into his shell...
Blues tried very hard but just not good enough.
I can't fault the endeavour but the execution is simply not there.

If I can make a small suggestion (for the 1 millionth time)......... STOP PLAYING THE 3 SMALL FORWARDS IN THE SAME TEAM - IT WILL NEVER WORK ON A CONSISTENT BASIS ESPECIALLY AGAINST A QUALITY OPPOSITION. Not only does it fail 8 out of 10 times but it means that we are playing effectively 1 or 2 players down because we are have 3 of essentially the same player who cant really have an impact anywhere else on the ground.

*** Team Selection - A howler at the selection table this week -
- The decision to play Rowe was a shocker. If ever there was a time to play your 6'11 ruckman -Warnock tonight was the night. Asking Rowe to pinch hit against Sandilands and Smith is fanciful. Kreuzer struggled let alone a 4th string ruckman like Rowe. Warnock doesnt get much of the ball around the ground but neither does Rowe, and warnock would have been useful winning a few taps.
- What does Graham need to do to get a game??? Another BOG last week for NB and still we select Robinson and our 1 too many taggers/defensive minded mids ahead of him - Cacchia, Curnow, Armfield, et al. (Curnow was excellent last week and the others were fair but for team balance we needed ball winning ability and Graham would have provided that.

** Mitch Robinson - How can I say this nicely?????? Actually I can't.... your effort is great but you are the absolute turnover king and your presence in the team is actually a disadvantage. Sorry to say it but your in your 5 season and in reality you are unlikely to improve significantly so I think its time we looked to relocate you either to a different club or the Northern Blues. (Wow I managed to say that without a single swear word!)

** Gibbs - I have defended you for 5 years and I still rate you in our top 6 but at times your hunger for the contest and want for the ball is embarrassing. I realise you probably have a laconic nature but please at least try and look like you give a shit!! It makes it a little less painful for your teammates and fans.

** Rowe - Great story of triumph over adversity but not much else to say. Given that Rowe, Betts, Garlett and Yarran between them have about 35 touches a game it makes it pretty hard to win when 2/3 of the fwd line hardly have an impact. I hope Mitchell gets a shot next week but I highly doubt it.

** Kicking - Need I say more......

** Tackling - We seem to miss crucial tackles every week. Is it technique or lack of strength or lack of composure.

Believe it or not I am not devastated after the loss because the team tried hard but I am incredibly frustrated because it just reinforces how far away we are from being a true finals side let alone a real contender. We still cant beat good sides yet we show a few glimpses that deceive you into thinking that just maybe we aren't that far away.
I eagerly await the end of season so we can see what changes Mick has install for us. Swann said 12 changes and i hope that means some serious changes not just the permenant reserves palyers like Joseph, Davies etc... We need to somehow improve the list and it will be interesting to see whether MM wants to do that primarily through trades or the draft. We must be savage because we arent going anywhere and unfortuantely father time has seen the demise of Judd and Scotland so there will be 2 gaping holes in the midfield and HB line

IMO there is minimal improvement possible in several of our players, that doesnt mean we g
too many soft, lazy, stupid mummy boys

bring on the cleanout
Is it a good time to remind people that Freo got Suban using the pick we gave them for Warnock.

Ouchy, ouchy, ouch.
:lol:

Karma. Bitch.
Their small forwards carved us up
Cant see why when thats happening one of ours cant go back and help out
We need flexibility we are being robbed of it
They had a crack you cant question their commitment tonight it was a tough game but the lack of players that can take their turn in the middle cost us in the end
Judd was spent by half way through the 3rd and leaving murphy up forward for most of the game cost us again
:lol: :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

Great work MB.

Can anyone hazard a guess as to what Captain NKOTB stands for?

This should be interesting.
think better
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by think better »

Wasn't Mick employed to deliver finals this year?
I think therefore I think - I think
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

think better wrote:Wasn't Mick employed to deliver finals this year?
No. They believed they had a top 4 list and Ratts could not take them to the next step.

Make no mistake, MM was employed to take them to a flag within 3 years before Judd, Waite, Scotland, Carrazzo, Simpson, McLean and Walker retired.

Don't think MM was employed to rebuild the list and to have a 10 year stint to try win them a flag.

Has 3 years and doubt his contract will be extended.
think better
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by think better »

thebaldfacts wrote:
No. They believed they had a top 4 list and Ratts could not take them to the next step.

Make no mistake, MM was employed to take them to a flag within 3 years before Judd, Waite, Scotland, Carrazzo, Simpson, McLean and Walker retired.

Don't think MM was employed to rebuild the list and to have a 10 year stint to try win them a flag.

I still thought finals was on the agenda for thi syear even if a premiership is some way off
I think therefore I think - I think
Didaksgoal

Post by Didaksgoal »

thebaldfacts wrote:
New Kid On The Block
Last edited by Didaksgoal on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

They're hangin' tough, step by step.
Est. 2002
Didaksgoal

Post by Didaksgoal »

Raw Hammer wrote:They're hangin' tough, step by step.

:lol: LOL, Hammer!

Go the Pies
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

think better wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:

I still thought finals was on the agenda for thi syear even if a premiership is some way off
Ratts was sacked because he did not get them to top 4. That would have been their minimum expectation. MM has obviously tried to hose this down once he got his signature on the contract.
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

Didaksgoal wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:
New Kid On The Block
Guess it makes sense. Thought it may have been something more juicy.

Thanks.
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

They sound like we do after a loss :D
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

thebaldfacts wrote:

THE arrogant old fart will be Denis Pagan Mk 2 at the Scum , mark my words. :!: :P
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Breadcrawl

Post by Breadcrawl »

Yep and mostly the same guys laughing at them are the ones oppo supporters would be laughing at when we lose. A two second look in the mirror would not harm
they can smell what we're cookin'
Breadcrawl

Post by Breadcrawl »

Make no mistake, mark my words about this...
they can smell what we're cookin'
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Breadcrawl wrote:Yep and mostly the same guys laughing at them are the ones oppo supporters would be laughing at when we lose. A two second look in the mirror would not harm
Yeh, but Scum fans are more deluded than ours, the dickheads actually thought they had a flag team, right now, and all it needed was the old man to tweak a few things, and bang, an instant flag. They thought hed lead them to the Promised land pronto, but it aint gonna happen, not now, not ever. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 173 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

It's interesting that MM is blaming the players: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-03/m ... -freo-loss

Apart from Betts, he said he could name 10 others who had "absolute stinkers" last night.

No suggestion that "we might have to rethink the game plan" over at Royal Park, it seems.

I wonder what he would have been saying if his team was 11 and 6 after 17 games, playing 10 players who hadn't reached 50 games?