Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

John Wren

Post by John Wren »

fwiw, at least they were more competitive than we were against them. but good to see them get put to the sword.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Whenever we have an opportunity to make a statement, we fail to deliver. Always.

The lack of fight in the last quarter is unacceptable.
Won't even talk about Betts. Must be dropped.
Too soft.
Can't wait to trade Yarran
North deserve to make the 8 over us.
That goes without saying. GWS deserve to make the 8 over you lot!
scottland and waite to retire, robinson, betts to be traded toss in a jamison
And Betts wants 600,000 ?
See ya!!!
too many who go missing whenever the heat is on. we all know who they are. Don't think they'll all be there next year
The buy swap trade sell thread gonna be popular tonight.....
We're a sponge cake all right. We have cream, soft cream in the middle.

So-called leaders (Simmo excepted) are too soft.
Gibbs has peaked.
You are not going to see him get any better.
At what point will we drop players after an insipid performance! Murphy betts etc, Still mentally weak, didn't recover after the Ballantyne scuffle and 50m.
This is enbarrssing!!
Murphy's jaw is clearly still sore, he has no confidence.

Shouldn't be putting his hand up to play.

Shouldn't be cleared to play.

Shouldn't be asked to play.
this is bullshit. disgraceful. I'm over it sooooo bad. why are we so lazy.
Murph really needs to know how to shake a tag.
Yarran will enjoy western sydney lifestyle...
Eddie who?
where is casboult? we need some big bodies. Warnock in the ruck would have helped. Graham needs a crack, bell to bash some.
so cranky.
thank god I didn't spend the $ to go down and get the shits. I'll stay in the freakin cold in Canberra and get the shits.
POO!
:lol: :twisted:
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Ahhhh...... like a long lost lover, this gorgeous thread has returned, to gladden our hearts, put spring in our step, and give us a warm and cuddly afterglow. :!: :P

And to Madhouse- Suck shit old man, you aint the messiah, asswipe. Up yours. :evil:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Is it just me or what!!! Surely - fresh, excited, ready to impress youth from northern >> pissweak frontrunning, unco (and if they're injured well we're more screwed than I thought)- murphy, yarran and co!!!! Tell me graham, menzel, bucks etc wouldn't have given us more. Another disappointing and empty weekend again CFC !!!
Business as usual, then?
!@#$%& insipid.

Betts - one thing that we took a bloke in who could barely write his own name, and for him to turn around and request a ridiculous 600k per year whilst not getting a kick, but NOT ONE !@#$%& TACKLE INSIDE 50 ALL NIGHT. Not one! Take your !@#$%& pen license we gave you and write a thousand times on the Visy whiteboard "I must get off the !@#$%& ciggies and not be such a lazy flower".

Murphy - If there was a more insipid leader of an AFL team in recent memory, he'd be the bloke with the giant headphones on our bench barking orders all night aimlessly. Cheap kicks in the backline, no leadership. Stand up for yourself. Harvey may be a whinging little flower of a human being, but he didn't cop Crowley's shit all night. Murphy took it laying down and may as well have asked "Please sir, may I have another". Weak. Weak. Weak.

Yarran - Whoopy !@#$%& do, flower, you can box. That'll hold you in good stead when assessing your inability to get within 50m of an opponent, or complimenting how well you bounce off Paul Duffield. That turned the game. Another mentally piss weak performance that would have made the South African cricket team shake their heads in dismay. !@#$%& me, I hope Dayle Garlett gets caught with an illegal substance between now and the draft. Waste of space, waste of talent.
How many weeks will we go in with a side based on he can, or has, or did once!! Freo show effort can be > skill. Especially when skill was shown in the under 18's!!!
Said it before MM will need he's 3 years to get rid of our
Current duds and get he's crop in to have any chance of
Winning anything
What? I thought Mick was inheriting a top 4 list? That is what you guys got him in for, right? To win premierships, not rebuild from scratch? Sigh. The accommodation of the old man knows no bounds...
I remember a few years ago we are linked to Mundy and he was dismissed as 'just another half back flanker'

:lol:
As I alluded to in another thread...would be great to see Yarran show some hurt....grinning from ear to ear post game with the 'brothers'. Weak as piss.

Baffled by the use of Gibbs.

Played right Into Crowleys hands starting Murphy forward.

Betts & Walker woeful, Robbo at the crossroads too.
Spineless.That is all!!
There's no doubt Micks got some trade bait to work with. Yarran. Betts. Robinson.

If Menzel isn't more value than Yarran.
If graham isn't more value than Robinson.
I'll go eff myself.

How they can simply not fire a shot n the entire last quarter is an indictment. They should hang their heads in shame.
Should really be doing that every time they pull on your offensive jumper...
We are not good enough
Warnock should have played
Very very sobering.

Wow have we got some work to do.........particularly with the list
Mick's such a wonderful coach, has made our better players go backwards, plays duds week in week out and doesn't reward those playing well in the 2's with a game.
Zach Tuohy is the best player we have right now
In. Dictment.
Gibbs was sensational.

In fact the backline where pretty good considering the lack of work from about 5 guys.

Good luck MM. Too many guys just like it when it's easy.

That was finals type pressure and 4 or 5 guys failed miserably.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Einstein.

That's the Carlton Football Club. I can't wait for the end of year clean-out.
Ginger, get the popcorn!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

May this thread last until 1,000,000 pages!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Blade

Post by Blade »

Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Hey Goodbye - BLUES cya next year Carlscum, you too Mickscum, ladder position does matter.
The Mighty Pies
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

I think a fair few sleep with the lights on.
On tonight's performance Eddie would get $86k per possession, good work if you can get it :mad: :mad:
That last quarter was a disgrace. Game up for grabs and we didn't give a yelp. Unacceptable.

The bottom line is this playing list is not good enough. They've proved it time and again. How often do we win a crunch game? How often to we beat top 4 sides?

Breaks my heart but its the 'long game' for us now.

The sobering thought is, based on current performance, how many actual A graders do we have? Do we have any?
Sorry guys but who was expecting anything different??

This is the same story it's been for the past 2-3 years.

Our best players are soft/lazy, whilst our worst players are the ones with the heart. Having a few wins over bottom feeders didn't change anything, the list are flat track bullies.

You can't polish a turd - and I'm very glad Malthouse has realized this.

I tipped freo by 30 - because I watch Carlton every week and we all know the problems. Knew it was going to happen, just sucks seeing it unfold.
Well that's the season done.
Start the cleanout this week.
MM will be our 3rd coach in a row to realise the hard way how cr$p a defender Gibbs is. Play him fwd even. Our fwd line is either tall or small. We need a Gunston type. Murph with another horrible captains game. Tex has lost the plot. Throw in the midfield for a couple of weeks. Pass on Eddie for this next contract. Not good enough anymore to hold his place.
Very disappointed with tonight's game. We had the opportunity to make a statement and we squibbed it. Freo shut us down in close, we couldn't extract the ball, they could and they hurt us. We were soft, they out-muscled us. Too many passengers!
Retain some sort of optimism that Betts, Yarran and Robinson will be gone at the end of the year.

Resigned to more of Captain NKOTB....
Wow. Hope everyone got a look at our best 22 tonight.
Not lacking in skill and promise, but sorely lacking in effort, heart and desperation.
Too many players out of form.
Same players coming up short.

It's just where we are at.
Simpson should have been made captain.
We shouldnt have a captain.
We should be the first team ever to not have a captain.
Tossing the coin should be a lottery and a member should be drawn from a barrel before every game and that member should call the toss.

That way... the opposition cant target our captain... and make him go into his shell...
Blues tried very hard but just not good enough.
I can't fault the endeavour but the execution is simply not there.

If I can make a small suggestion (for the 1 millionth time)......... STOP PLAYING THE 3 SMALL FORWARDS IN THE SAME TEAM - IT WILL NEVER WORK ON A CONSISTENT BASIS ESPECIALLY AGAINST A QUALITY OPPOSITION. Not only does it fail 8 out of 10 times but it means that we are playing effectively 1 or 2 players down because we are have 3 of essentially the same player who cant really have an impact anywhere else on the ground.

*** Team Selection - A howler at the selection table this week -
- The decision to play Rowe was a shocker. If ever there was a time to play your 6'11 ruckman -Warnock tonight was the night. Asking Rowe to pinch hit against Sandilands and Smith is fanciful. Kreuzer struggled let alone a 4th string ruckman like Rowe. Warnock doesnt get much of the ball around the ground but neither does Rowe, and warnock would have been useful winning a few taps.
- What does Graham need to do to get a game??? Another BOG last week for NB and still we select Robinson and our 1 too many taggers/defensive minded mids ahead of him - Cacchia, Curnow, Armfield, et al. (Curnow was excellent last week and the others were fair but for team balance we needed ball winning ability and Graham would have provided that.

** Mitch Robinson - How can I say this nicely?????? Actually I can't.... your effort is great but you are the absolute turnover king and your presence in the team is actually a disadvantage. Sorry to say it but your in your 5 season and in reality you are unlikely to improve significantly so I think its time we looked to relocate you either to a different club or the Northern Blues. (Wow I managed to say that without a single swear word!)

** Gibbs - I have defended you for 5 years and I still rate you in our top 6 but at times your hunger for the contest and want for the ball is embarrassing. I realise you probably have a laconic nature but please at least try and look like you give a shit!! It makes it a little less painful for your teammates and fans.

** Rowe - Great story of triumph over adversity but not much else to say. Given that Rowe, Betts, Garlett and Yarran between them have about 35 touches a game it makes it pretty hard to win when 2/3 of the fwd line hardly have an impact. I hope Mitchell gets a shot next week but I highly doubt it.

** Kicking - Need I say more......

** Tackling - We seem to miss crucial tackles every week. Is it technique or lack of strength or lack of composure.

Believe it or not I am not devastated after the loss because the team tried hard but I am incredibly frustrated because it just reinforces how far away we are from being a true finals side let alone a real contender. We still cant beat good sides yet we show a few glimpses that deceive you into thinking that just maybe we aren't that far away.
I eagerly await the end of season so we can see what changes Mick has install for us. Swann said 12 changes and i hope that means some serious changes not just the permenant reserves palyers like Joseph, Davies etc... We need to somehow improve the list and it will be interesting to see whether MM wants to do that primarily through trades or the draft. We must be savage because we arent going anywhere and unfortuantely father time has seen the demise of Judd and Scotland so there will be 2 gaping holes in the midfield and HB line

IMO there is minimal improvement possible in several of our players, that doesnt mean we g
too many soft, lazy, stupid mummy boys

bring on the cleanout
Is it a good time to remind people that Freo got Suban using the pick we gave them for Warnock.

Ouchy, ouchy, ouch.

Karma. Bitch.
Their small forwards carved us up
Cant see why when thats happening one of ours cant go back and help out
We need flexibility we are being robbed of it
They had a crack you cant question their commitment tonight it was a tough game but the lack of players that can take their turn in the middle cost us in the end
Judd was spent by half way through the 3rd and leaving murphy up forward for most of the game cost us again
:lol: :lol: :lol: [/quote]
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

A Carlton caller to Saturday Night Lights just called his club "the Richmond Football Club of the modern age."

Quite apt, I thought.

I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

I see one of the common threads amongst the Scum supporters is the anticipation of a coming cleanout.

So, in recognition, something I prepared a few weeks back...

ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

A great plan devised by Mick, Ed & Bucks.

Mick, you go to the Scum & destroy them from within.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

?? The scum natives getting restless bout the old man already ?? No messiah, no instant flag, no top four glory, jeeeeesus, you poor deluded sods, and I reckon Ratts is laughing his head off. !! LOL LOL
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Great comments from Malthouse sum it up:
1) smashed in the midfield - their top 6 all performed better than our top 6
2) got nothing from our small forwards
3) no excuses for Murphy - has to take ownership and raise the bar
If betts yarran and garlett all play next week we are a laughing stock.
See menzel; bucks; graham
Too many negative midfielders - Curnow, Cachia, Carrazzo.

Murphy surely not fit - has done very little since the injury.

I said in the pre match thread that Warnock should be considered. Clarke and Sandilands monstered Kreuzer and Rowe. Kreuzer wasn't rucking against a midget this week. Warnock would have given him support.

Smashed in centre clearances 9 to 15 - again, this comes back to playing Warnock. Were the MC aware of Clarke's height/ability in the ruck? Kreuzer struggles against Sandilands, let alone against Sandi and Clarke.

Kreuzer 1 mark for the evening - just monstered.

No lock down defenders - meant to be Walker and Tuohy but we've seen time and time again they are not suited to those roles - they love to attack. Walters and Ballantyne will make you pay. No lock down defender to call on except a first year player.

No system coming out of defence - Carlton always seem to get exposed against these teams which have very good defensive systems.

Forward line of Rowe-Henderson-Watson is too slow. Unfortunately Rowe/Watson are too slow to play on Mayne.

Just a poor balance all over the place.

Get some attacking midfielders/forwards in there - Graham and Menzel.
We seem to be outmarked all over the ground every week....anyone else notice that?

When a Carlton player takes a mark; we almost celebrate as though it's something special.

And....we definitely over handballed tonight; and it was just a case of how long before the inevitable turnover.
SEASON IS OVER

Don't worry Sticks says we are going fine......
Stand by your maaaaaaaaannnn....
i dont think i could come up with 5 players worthy of votes for the TC MVP
I don't mind Rowe in the side in theory. The "Leigh Brown role" is a worn out term these days, but I think he's better than that, he offers more up forward.

But he's not even close to being an AFL standard second tall forward.

Have written off Casboult, Warnock and Hampson. Don't think Waite and Henderson in the same forward line is a great mix. Rowe as a third tall is a very good option.

Perhaps Watto down there as well, and another defender needs to be found? Jamison was woeful tonight also.
More pissed off at doing far too much $$ on either team under 24 I think..
This team makes far too many mental errors with the ball, and they do not have clean hands. Love Kreuzer's work but he has hands of stone and constantly fumbles around the packs and he is not alone there.

Baffling and frustrating to see Rowe play ahead of Casboult this week, selectors again proving they have NFI so status quo there.

If you are not going to put on size and strength in the gym then your aerobic capacity must be superior to the other clubs. We are neither here nor there, Malthouse must surely have realised by now that we do not have the body strength or mental strengh to play a contested boundry style of play against good teams, and yet on the flip side we cannot run teams off the park because we don't have the fitness base.
Another game showing that another above average tall forward is required.
I am a big fan but what has happened to Walks? Has been very off lately.
to go to water after the ballantyne scuffle, shirt ripping incident is simply !@#$%& pathetic
Obviously they were intimidated by Ballantyne's Schwarzenegger-esque physique...
Jamison tries 7 borks gets caught 7 times, braindead some of our players
I am starting to repeat myself with my comments on this team but we are simply not good enough

not enough depth in our midfield

we will not play much better than we did tonight (with no significant injuries)

have too many holes in our team to be contenders

I would have played Graham and Menzel weeks ago (why are we persisting with Curnow and Robinson)

Why are Gibbs and Kreuzer untouchable?

Yarran will be traded
so sick of watching this same soft, weak team fail at the same mental hurdles time and time again

if i was kade simpson i would want to fight half the team in the rooms after each game

so much disrespect for the jumper across the board

selfish, lazy, weak figjams

#ciccone
id like to see zach touhy beat the shit out of yarran in a boxing ring too
Fight fight fight!!!

:twisted:
Steve86

Post by Steve86 »

haha great game to watch... No effort no desire.. murphy looks like he was making up the numbers, far from the player he was suppose to be.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Don't worry

Sticks says its all going well....
Tonight showed the gap between a top 4 team and a team that is anywhere between 8-12th place.

Body size- check
Execution - check
Skill- check
Work rate -check
Talent- line ball
Midfield rotation- check
Ability and desire to spread -check
Decision making -check

I thought for 3 and a bit quarters we really tried but we simply are not good enough. we all now must realize we need to turn this list over to be competitive towards the top end and to play the style of accountable football that finals demands.

Got a real lesson tonight from a team that is in front of most of these above elements in my opinion.
Curnow-Carrazzo-Lucas-Cachia-Robinson...one paced poor skilled. A captain who doesn't appear to be fit.

Get Graham and Menzel in there.
carrazzo is done

robbo is trade bait
smashed in the midfield.. thaats where the game is played

we didnt really get it in our side much
its not just ballantyne - every team knows if they get in our face and get a bit physical we shit our pants

its embarrassing
We will never amount to anything until we get out of ku#t of a stadium
What? So you mean that you guys need to get out of Princes Park?
What a joke!!
We always shit ourselves every time we need to make a statement.
Too physically and mentally soft.
Can't wait to trade one if Yarran, Betts or Garlett. Bwtts thinks he's worth 600,000 ? See ya!!
Robbo should !@#$%& off back to the VFL never to return. Most annoying Carlton player at the moment.
Murphy is a shit Captain and is mentally soft.
Gibbs is a downhill skier personified.
So very disappointed!! Once again we let ourselves be bullied.
Season as good as over!!
Think tonight showed the difference between a good coach and one that has passed his use by date
A-MEN!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Greening gold
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Greening gold »

How many players did Port Adelaide turn over when Hinkley came to the club this year and lifted them up to the eight? Ditto Fremantle with Lyon at Freo?
If you used to barrack for the 'Pies, you never barracked for the 'Pies.