Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Wayne Hughes better not be on our recruiting panel as he has a lot to answer for in so far as compiling this list!!!! Would have to have the worst record during his tenure as Head of Recruitment!!!!
Wayne Hughes, I dips me lid to ya! :lol:
Clearly need a full rebuild. Is MM planning to stick around for a significant period to see it through?

If not, what next?

What a mess.

Need wholesale changes on and off field including the board.
How will Collingwood be able to fit their ten missing players into that group?
Almost as bad as last year when we got done by the GCS seconds.

It's Friday morning at 0800 hre and my weekend is already ruined.

Oh! Congratulations to the club on getting 50,000 members. Have fun trying to keep them next year.
Fickle, fickle, FICKLE!!! :lol:
Shocking. Shocked, Appalled. They did not apply themselves to the task and too soft in the midfield.
Does Diesel want to put the boots on.
We need tough hard at it footballers...Hodge like, Swan like...just in shape for a start.

Midfield got smashed.
Kreuzer got smashed....after qtr time.

Not a rebuild just get us players we need to add to win a flag; thst's all.
Clueless.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
makri
Been liked: 2 times

Post by makri »

Same crap game plan, still no plan B. Good to see nothing has changed with Mick.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

it's an ordinary list they got.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
GoWoodsmen

Post by GoWoodsmen »

As much as I get a lot of pleasure out of reading those excerpts.... Can you imagine what fun opposition were having with the drivel Nicks served up over the past 7 days???
Side By Side Forever
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

Thanks for coming Carlton.

See ya in 2014.

:lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Always hard to teach old dogs new tricks. Mick will have to bring in the type of players who are going to believe in his game plan. It's a lot easier to teach the younger players how he wants the team to play. Tonight's performance bar the first 20 minutes was pretty ordinary. If we are still playing the same crap this time next season I will be concerned.
I won't be...
could not believe how quick the white flag went up

against a team of 50% plodders, I felt embarrassed watching it in my local with a couple of filth mates

I am done with this group, just too mentally weak
Levi is an easy target.

Where were Gibbs, Murphy, Betts, Garlett, Yarran, Touhy, Armfield and more?
Laidler is being taught to pay forward.....don't even go there with me....
Too many players almost pick up the ball, almost get it to a teammate, kick half volleys, handball to teammates feet or half step behind, kick so teammate has to stop or run a few steps the other way rather than running onto the ball at full pace.
we simply cant have so many players who don't have the skills to get the ball and give it off under pressure.
..robbo looks injured [more than a niggle].. ..cachia is starting to show tired legs, ditto levi.. ..murphy wasnt ready, gibbs was back to playing the safe hesitant defensive game.. ..betts, garlett, yarran.. ..all down on work rate.. ..carrots could have used another run in the ressies.. ..not enough work..
I know the match day thread copping a battering, and is seen as a place to vent rather than provide discussion on the game.......but the fact that so many gave up on the side when we were still up 42-40 says a lot about this group.
You said it...
Woeful. Simply woeful.

Given the lead we had, lets call it a 100 point defeat.

I doubt we can recover from that.

No finals, no messiah, just season over.

Will this be the loss that makes us? Will we be talking about this loss as the one that galvanised the group? Or will this lot simply slide into oblivion?

Cripes, I thought we were inching our way forward, but tonight shows that we are simply not good enough, on every line. Thin and brittle. No stomach for the fight.

Bloody disappointing. I'm going to watch the cycling and the cricket now....
Can't help but think things need to change at the top before we are a force. Sticks needs to go ASAP. Second......we need to get murph back to being just a player. Terrible captain. Just terrible. Hughes has to go. Even if some clown thinks he has done a good job. He is in his 10th year in the role!!!!! Andy McKay....not convinced.
still could be worse...
thank god we are not esssendon supporters.
Gibbs - one of those games were he just gives the impression he's not interested
Yarran - apart from some junk time stuff, didnt contribute
Robbo - in a hole deeper than Tasmania, bugger all effect
Simmo - ineffective
Eddie - kicked one lucky goal, that's it
Jeffie - first two kicks in first few mins were great, went missing completely after that
Cachia - did some things but was shown up as too slow on several occasions
Levi - not enough
Army - struggled to have any impact
Curnow - no impact
2E - moments, but not enough
....and to think i thoought 10 ashes tests in a row would be boring......thank goodness for the tests to watch -------and a couple more golf majors!!
You know your club is in some serious excrement when GOLF of all sports is more exciting to watch...

:twisted: :lol:
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

And just for fun, here are some I prepared earlier...

mandy

Post by mandy »

Well, that's just insulting. For me.
We are so shit that mandy could get a run in our midfield
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

OK I will do it for you.
Greening gold
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Greening gold »

jack_spain wrote:Anyone who says Ratten could coach and Mick Malthouse can't is seriously demented.

I just don't undestand the feline jealousy that exists when people seem to be wishing the worst on Mick. He won us a flag. Was unlucky not to win two more, and had we not appointed Bucks, might have had us primed again in 2012 and 2013 (even with the injuries).

But anyone who says Mick Malthouse can't coach is a total nincompoop! He looks a whole lot better than the current muppets who occupy our coaches box!
Ummm - Jack - you seem to have logged on to the wrong blog. This is the one about Collingwood. The one for Carlton is somewhere else.
If you used to barrack for the 'Pies, you never barracked for the 'Pies.
Jezza
Has liked: 236 times
Been liked: 327 times

Post by Jezza »

Thank you MB for uploading all these glorious posts. Tonight is a night of celebration for every Collingwood supporter. We're close to 100 pages to this thread. Keep up the great work guys :). Now to continue what MB started, here are more quotes, in particular one that makes me laugh after reading it on TankingCarlton in the pre-match discussion! To the TankingCarlton poster who calls himself 'Rexy' here are your typical arrogant Carlton quotes:
of course we'll win

I supremely confident !

it's in the bag !!
we'll win in a canter

10 goals +
not surprised everyones backing us - we're certainties
we WON'T lose !!
HarryO got the sh#ts with Bucks - money flooding in for the blues - pies in for a shellacking !!
So 'Rexy' the Scum were certainties weren't they? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now for some BigFooty classics from the Carlton board:
Complete and utter embarrassment. Worse than the season being over is that I'm really finding hard to see where our development and signs towards the future are. Only two players have improved under MM, everyone else has either stagnated or isn't suited to this game style.
Like everyone else I got sucked into thinking we were a piece of the puzzle away from challenging for top 4. Oh, we just need a forward/an inside mid/a key defender/a mobile tap ruck. This flogging has been due all year, and it stings coming from a crippled Collingwood. Make no mistake, though - it is over, baby blue.
List needs a cleanout and we need to rebuild. Wayne Hughes might be a lovely guy but he couldn't pick his nose between #5 and the end of the third round and we are suffering for it now. Problems have been patched over by brilliant late/rookie draft picks, but these guys are limited in what they can do, and we're in trouble if we have to field half a team of rookie picks each week.
I'm in tears right now! I'm a 36 year old male who hasn't had the easiest ride in life and have gritted my teeth and punched on...
But tonight this club I've supported, been a longtime member of has reduced me to a rubble... at least unlike some of the younger ones out there
I was 17 in 1995 and got to see this club win a great Premiership with a great team.
Why is it when other teams get trodden on, beat up, picked on they eventually show some fight and fight and put themselves together... we have a bunch
of players who have no football nouse, or somehow through poor coaching got their footy smarts beat out of them.
I'm 19 and in tears reading this out of joy :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
That was the sound of our premiership window slamming shut.
It sure was, but you never had a premiership window so in a way it wasn't :P
SEN going off tonight. We better prepare ourselves because we are going to deservedly cop it all weekend!!!
The fact that a very sub-par Judd was our best player tonight tells me how much we're going to struggle when he's gone.
Never been so disheartened watching Carlton.
If I see one player on Twitter this weekend praising their hairdresser or the gravity of some NBA trade, I'll personally drive to their house and punch them in the face.
That was just ******* pathetic.
Our season was on the line and we hardly even tried.
55 less possessions and 14 less tackles.
We played with a short team, and hardly took a crumb.
Just disgusting.
Very ugly, to be 28 up, with the filth on toast and we decide job done. Just about every 50/50 had a black and white scum first at the ball. The players should be ashamed of their efforts tonight.

Sad thing is, we have not much coming up from the N/Blues. I can see Graham/Menzel/Mitchell coming up and we will still loose.
Poor night...season over....move on.
As much as the players have to take responsibility..

Mick, it's time to prove that you're not Denis Pagan Mk II.
Absolutely pathetic. Soft, weak, spineless, insipid- nothing to say about this mob we haven't been saying since 2003.
Bring on the end of year cleanout.
Bring on more wooden spoons!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Someone needs to tell these blouses that the final we won against Essendon in 2011, well that wasn't actually a grand final.
Embarrassing. Absolutely no heart.
Season well and truly gone. Massive list overhaul needed. I hope Mick swings the axe violently next week. Watson, McCarthy, Mitchell, Temay, Graham and Laidler all need to be played for the rest of the year. They can't be any worse than the 22 pea-hearted potatoes that were out there tonight.
It would be nice if Mick stopped making them playing the ******* boundary so much as well. Once we get to half way when our run fails like it did tonight we just lob it long and lose it.

Absolute garbage. Sick of Friday night game leaving a bitter taste in my mouth going into the weekend.
Friday nights are awesome :D :lol:
Just stunned to be honest. They just killed us.

I suspected our list had some major deficiencies but it is becoming more and more apparent that its not a top up we need, its a rebuild.
I'm not stunned! You're overrated and always have been! :twisted:
What an absolute ******* joke!!!!

So ******* angry with this team/club at the moment.
What the players need is a really good psychologist. It is frustrating that we can match it with Hawthorn/Geelong and almost beat them, yet get smacked by a struggling Collingwood.
Our structure and Balance is shit! To many run with players, we are to small and don't have a fwd line......this is lower than the port game last year, and that was low!
I can say witthout hysterics that this was the worst performance I've seen...certainly worse than anything in the bad old days when factoring in the relative atrength of the squads.
tonight really showed where we are at. We are not a top eight side let alone a contender. Time to give the youngsters a crack.
All year I have been thinking that Mick was doing a better job than Ratten did, BUT now I am have reversed that thinking and thing that we have gone backwards.

I say this because our gameplan is no good.
Far too many meek, soft, unaccountable players that are unwilling to lead from the front and stand up and be a bloody man. The only ones that play like that are quiet introverts like Kreuzer and Judd.
I am absolutely sick to death of our inconsistent players.Yarran, Garlett, Gibbs and even players like Casboult. We have too many frontrunners who aren't consistent enough.
Back to the drawing board...........
On the bright side, how good will it be seeing Tom Boyd in a Carlton jumper next year!

Bring back Ratts.
You're dreaming mate! :lol:
You know we are are finished for the year when Lucas was one of the toughest players in Navy Blue tonight. So many seagulls, even the few hard at it players we have looked soft
Football is dead to me.
Starting to look back on last year quite fondly. The first three games that is. Been pretty ugly ever since.
Just guttered. We deserve so much more than the rubbish served up tonight.
You deserve nothing. Your club are a bunch of salary cap cheats who are fast becoming irrelevant in the competition :twisted: :twisted:
I'm going to go and watch 2011 on a loop and quietly have a little weep.
I'm finding it hard to maintain my positive spin. They really let me down tonight, simply from a lack of effort.
Tonight we were bad. We had our best 22 in (minus Scotland) and we got reamed by a middle of the road team that is out of form and has heaps of players out.
I've overrated this side. I thought we were going to be in the bottom of the eight and grow from there.

Now even filth supporters are in here giving us sympathy - I'm going to be sick.
Enjoy being sick because I don't forget the way you acted after you beat us last year and no Collingwood fan will ever forget 1970, 1979 and 1981. I hope you're suffering :twisted:
I don't know whether to cry or be angry. Same as I felt after the match vs Power last year
End scoreline flattered us
Can't remember the last time I felt this disappointed after a game. We were comprehensively beaten by a side who had 9 of their best out. Disinterested, no effort and played like a bunch of individuals.

I feel like I've been conned. All year we've had "honourable" losses which lead us to believe that we weren't too far off. After tonight, I don't even know where to begin!!

Shame on you boys! You were an embarrassment to our proud club tonight!

Absolutely shattered
The changes I would make if I were malthouse.......where do I begin
Jeepers creepers...looks like it was a good thing I couldn't go to or watch the game tonight...

Coming at the end of the week in which we cracked 50k members, makes me wonder when the players are planning on living up to their end of the bargain?

Two steps forward, ten steps back.
I left the game at 3/4 time, i wasnt the only one with the train platform packed with other Carlton supporters.
There are no words other to say it was embarrassing.
Full credit to Collingwood.
****. 8 hours on a plane, only to find out we got smacked.

Disappointed son.
I travelled 800km to watch... that.

The most dismal performance I have seen in a long time. Possibly ever.
Sorry but a rebuild entails starting right over. Should we dump almost the entire list? Definitely not.

There are signs there, we just lack enough quality and depth.

Time is needed as bad as that sounds.
Mick - "You said we had a team!"

Sticks - "LOL, gotcha"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tonight was the best team we fielded all year and it was our worse loss. What makes this worse is Collingwood supporters would probably say it was on of their weakest sides this year. THIS SHOULD BE SENDING ALARM BELLS TO THE ENTIRE CLUB.
Enjoy fellow Collingwood supporters!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

^ Fantastic reading, Jezza. You have done well, young Jedi. You have done well.
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

^ No worries MB, I'm glad you're enjoying it. This is a time to cherish this victory, so let's be aggressive and continue finding more posts!! :twisted:
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sixpoints

Post by sixpoints »

They are back to their early 2000's form. The Judd experiment has failed. There is no flag in that squad, despite all the high draft picks. That includes 3 number 1 picks on the park tonight.
Start again losers. So now it's a rebuild?
MIck you have made a terrible miscalculation.
Are you seriously going to say they need a rebuild? At your age? Are you in for the long haul?
They didn't hire you for that!!
Resign at the end of the year and give the rebuild to a young coach who can see it through.
If it wasn't so funny, it would really be tragic.
Last edited by sixpoints on Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.